Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2016
    The rugby club moved from Rectory Field so they didn't have to share bar takings with the tennis & cricket...

• Options
    yep I said this last year and Falconwood poo pooed it, but that is the reason.They bring the money in and have to share it with people who bring feck all in.
  • Options
    iamdan said:

The rugby club moved from Rectory Field so they didn't have to share bar takings with the tennis & cricket...

Which makes sense if you're bringing in more money than the Tennis and Cricket clubs.

However, if you're going to be bringing in less revenue than the other tenant then surely it makes good business sense to have your rent subsidised?
  • Options
    15 notes to watch 3rd tier Rugby Union. No different to Non League football prices, but a bit shocked it was that much. What is their average home attendance? Not having to share Bar Takings would be a benefit.
  • Options
    Well over 1,000 at Rectory Field for most home games. Lots of work already done at Well Hall, the main pitch and the stand have had a load of money spent on them already. Will need to get Floodlights and more hard standing in as well
  • Options
    Played football in front of that stand many a time.
  • Options
    Before we moved back to The Valley from Selhurst, a new ground near Well Hall was looked at as a possibility. might have been suggested by Greenwich Council.
  • Options
    I remember back in the 90s, when the London Broncos ground shared with us that it seemed odd that we never tied up in some way with Blackheath, especially as before Rugby were professional they were a successful team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is that a real bus or is it the pop-up bar?
  • Options
    The Well Hall ground couldn't cope with 1,000 people, would need a lot more work doing first before that.

yes main pitch looks nice but it just has a metal barrier around it
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

15 notes to watch 3rd tier Rugby Union. No different to Non League football prices, but a bit shocked it was that much. What is their average home attendance? Not having to share Bar Takings would be a benefit.

That's very expensive for that level of rugby. It's only £28 to get into Harlequins v Leicester which is a top clash in the Premiership.
  • Options
    Was £12 up till last season which I think was value for money. £15 is touching on prohibitive for most of the walk up punters, although they are on a good run. I will be there for Rosslyn Park on Saturday..."play up Club!"
  • Options
    Saracens is 26 behind the posts for standard games but quickly ramp up...
  • Options
    Why don't they look into the athletics track at Charlton Park.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

The way things are going I think we'd have trouble filling the main stand.

Spent my formative years playing (football) on that pitch !
  • Options
    Saw the title and thought we were going back to Selhurst Park...

Then thought Prague's protests are in vain - we're groundsharing with Wet Spam!
  • Options
    "Improve the matchday experience." Not for me I am afraid. I liked the occasional walk and half a dozen pints around the match. Can't do that at Well Hall. Backward move to me.
  • Options
    That will do nicely when we are playing Conference football in a couple of seasons time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Might as well play our matches at sparrows lane
  • Options
    At least next years first team will feel at home.
  • Options

Was £12 up till last season which I think was value for money. £15 is touching on prohibitive for most of the walk up punters, although they are on a good run. I will be there for Rosslyn Park on Saturday..."play up Club!"

Not been to non-league for many years but at Hallam F.C it is only £5 matchday or £65 for season ticket. May not be top class football, but some top class people behind the scenes, something we all want more of down at The Valley.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03fy2lf

Anyone that gives 60 years to a club unpaid is in love with the club. I used to go to Hallam in early 90's and remember Anne behind the counter then. Always took her role seriously (the pies were often better than the football). Great that a local club like this is still going with only 100+ regulars, when the ground must be worth millions as it's in a prime location.

One thing i remember from being a season ticket holder is that it automatically made you a Vice-President and with it voting rights at board meetings. Think what power fans could have at league clubs with that as a policy.