Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I am off to support somebody else.

A lot of us know what is like to be somewhere for to long. You tend to get undervalued, overlooked and generally ignored.
A lightbulb moment can occur and you say right I am off where I can be appreciated and my prospects are greater.
With that in mind I have decided to join Manchester City and am looking forward to three points at the weekend. I was thinking of joining Manchester United; however, I did not want people to think I am a glory hunter.
Sod it, changed my mind. They say a good dollop of misery helps you keep a firm grip on reality; well its never been firmer.
I am also getting a T Shirt with the words " We Lost" on it. It will stop my missus asking the same stupid question " how did you get on".

Comments

• Options
    Thread of the Year.
  • Options
    So much doom and gloom on CL this morning. Just seen Loup's post too.
    I'm looking forward to at least a draw this Saturday, then I'm off to beautiful Rotherham to witness another much needed 3 points. Ever the eternal optimist!
  • Options

You've given me a great idea for a t-shirt design!!

White t-shirt with the word "We" on it... the bit below is blank with a bit of velcro allowing you to purchase additional words such as "Lost" (most popular) "Drew" (Very popular under Peeters) "Won" (these'll be a collectors item) which can then be stuck to the velcro area

Dragons Den beckons!
  • Options
    Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out
  • Options
    Hahahahahahahaha
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    morning drinkers ladies & gentlemen.
  • Options
    It is a well established condition of being a human being that you CANNOT change the team you support.It cannot be done[unless you are david mellor]
  • Options
    I could never support anyone else. Even if I stay away for a while, I know I'll always be back.
  • Options
    Wow, used to be Man United, how times change.
  • Options
    No, you can't jump ship. It's a life sentence.
  • Options

No, you can't jump ship. It's a life sentence.

Too true big will 30 years so far with no time off for good behavior. And compared to some on here I'm a short timer. Could be worse I was a Liverpool supporter when I was a nipper before I saw the light. Imagine not having won the premier league after all those trophies in the 70s and 80s and watching your biggest rivals win it again and again. Least we keep it real, win a few lose a few, odd ecstatic cup run and get to watch millwall relegated every now and then. Here's to a happy valley again soon and let my day dreams of glory be for my true red and white army and not some northern fantasy league team.
  • Options
    By the way chaps; if anybody thought I was being serious. I wasn't. Not yet anyway.
  • Options

White t-shirt with the word "We" on it... the bit below is blank with a bit of velcro allowing you to purchase additional words such as "Lost" (most popular) "Drew" (Very popular under Peeters) "Won" (these'll be a collectors item) which can then be stuck to the velcro area

Why don't you just buy three t-shorts or reversible ones that you can wear back to front or inside out? That way you can have four statements, we won, we lost, we drew and, maybe, Don't ask!
  • Options
    pettgra said:

By the way chaps; if anybody thought I was being serious. I wasn't. Not yet anyway.

I thought it was pretty obvious, but I see that you still got the standard, 'Don't let the door hit you...' comment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Great idea. Think I'll change teams aswell.

I'll just support the team closest to where I live...

Oh...

Those of us born in Kent really have been buggered hard havent we!!
    Yeah. I've heard that.

That'll be the Men of Kent, what with being closer to France. The Kentish men have nothing to do with that malarkey.

• Options
    pettgra said:

pettgra said:

shame because yours is the first sensible post.
  • Options

pettgra said:

pettgra said:

Unfortunately, this club seems to drive everybody's common sense out of the window.
    They should start running a self help group after matches.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

pettgra said:

I thought it was pretty obvious, but I see that you still got the standard, 'Don't let the door hit you...' comment.
    TBH that was the post that made me feel like stating the obvious.
  • Options
    pettgra said:

pettgra said:

pettgra said:

Unfortunately, this club seems to drive everybody's common sense out of the window.
    ha ha very good idea, put it forward, to those that be!
  • Options
    pettgra said:

pettgra said:

pettgra said:

anger management in west stand car park from 5pm Saturday
  • Options
    It's not possible... when charlton, once a football club always a football club....

I'd love it in many ways if I wasnt so emotionally attached... but that's just the way it is...

We will win, we will outlive these c***** and we will actually be stronger for the experience...

• Options
    If we don't force Duchatelet out, and we do end up just like a shop, where, us as fans, have no significant emotional attachment anymore, and do just end up feeling like customers. I won't support another team, I'll just become a neutral in the football world, until we form AFC Charlton, or Duchatelet gets bought out.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

That is Sweet FA.

My Words on a T-shirt:

What's a tunnel jump daddy.

• Options

Great idea. Think I'll change teams aswell.

I'll just support the team closest to where I live...

Oh...

Those of us born in Kent really have been buggered hard havent we!!
    And then some...