Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Restaurant Complaint! (Protest Idea)

edited January 2016 in General Charlton

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2016
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    When RD does sell up, do we really want to have an average of a 1 star rating on review websites like this? I never have, but I imagine some tourists base decisions on where to go/what to do on what they read on these things, and if the overall star rating is low, probably don't look into it any further.
  • Options
    IA said:

shirty5 said:
    When RD does sell up, do we really want to have an average of a 1 star rating on review websites like this? I never have, but I imagine some tourists base decisions on where to go/what to do on what they read on these things, and if the overall star rating is low, probably don't look into it any further.
    I doubt anyone is basing whether or not they attend a football match on TripAdvisor ratings.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

IA said:

shirty5 said:
    I doubt anyone is basing whether or not they attend a football match on TripAdvisor ratings.
    Maybe not whether or not they attend a football match, but if they decide to go to a football match, they could decide not to go to the Valley if it has lots of negative reviews.

Or they're visiting Greenwich and look for local activities. They could go to the Valley with a mostly "Terrible" rating, or they could go to the Millwall Stadium Tour, which has 36 reviews, 32 of which are "Excellent". If you saw that rating for two clubs in Stockholm or Dublin or Budapest, which one would you go to?

Obviously, revenue from tourists is not the most important thing. I have similar views on communications sent to advertisers and any demands that everyone starts a long-term boycott (which never seems to be accompanied by a comparable increase in away attendance). There are a lot of attempts to "get at" Duchatelet that do more long-term damage than good. Knocking a TripAdvisor rating would do absolutely nothing to raise the profile of the protests and nothing to get at RD or KM - it would only have an effect on tourists.

Opening post idea, making complaints to restaurants/cinemas to get responses and show that that's different to what happens when complaints are sent to Charlton - this is a reasonable suggestion.
  • Options
    The thing is if a consumer/customer does not have a good meal at a restaurant the most likely thing they will do is never go there again.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I think it'd be better if someone set up a couple of pretend restaurant tables outside the West Stand reception for the 5pm protest on Saturday... complete with candles, (plastic) cutlery etc.
  • Options
    I have written to trading standards. I'm sure the club are breaching trades descriptions somewhere.
  • Options
    CAFC #527 of things to do in London on Trip Advisor. Surely we can get it a lower ranking with some reviews? (There's a couple already on there).
  • Options

CAFC #527 of things to do in London on Trip Advisor. Surely we can get it a lower ranking with some reviews? (There's a couple already on there).

What would that achieve?

If CAFC was #852 of things to do in London, what impact would that have?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well - 'restaurant' owners often respond to bad reviews......