Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Another brilliant long article from The Guardian

Comments

• Options
    Their idea of communication is spin and lie. That's it.
  • Options
    Great article - keeps the pressure on. They do seem to care what the media think, even if they don't care what the fans/customers think.
  • Options
    Best article so far....if they are improving communication perhaps I will now get a response to the emails I've sent her......No...I didn't think so, so we need to keep the pressure up. For someone who is a lawyer she really is making herself look foolish! I will make sure as many people as I know see and read this article.
  • Options

"We want to focus on getting it right. Once it gets out that the club is interested in investment, it upsets the fans, it upsets the staff"

Really? Really???

Does she think the thousands protesting are singing the East 17 classic 'won't you stay another day' ?

This quote sums up brilliantly, just how out of touch she really is
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Shes very strange. Doesnt seem to take anything seriously or learn or listen properly. She honestly thinks that potential investors upset the FANS. F*ck sake either deluded, trying to convince herself of that or lying to the interviewer to try and give off a different perception.

How long does it take to come up with an idea on how to engage with the fans better? She's been repeatedly saying that bollocks for a long time and never finds a laid out answer or solution. A sentence that makes me wana vomit by the way. The engage part...its just so stupid and meaningless. Patronisingly dumb.

She's actually the biggest wind up merchant ever associated with Charlton.

Taken out of context? Utter bs, she went off on one and set the tone.

Spot on. She's completely out of her depth. What a shambles.
  • Options

"The beauty of the Championship is that it is the most competitive league in the world.”...

Yeah, we know Katrien, that's what we've been trying to get over to you and Rollie for two years now.

Yeh that's why were at the bottom of it
  • Options
    Just read Guardian piece and added a comment. Had to slightly change my user name as cherryorchard had already been taken. PS Being the Guardian doubt it they were raised on the Cherry Orchard Estate SE7 !!
  • Options
    Well written article, thanks Owen. But one word that jumps out to me of Meirecat is 'delusional'. She actually believes the rubbish that she spouts, even though she reinvents the mantra every time (presumably on the train to The Valley and home every day).
    We (CAFC fans) are not stupid people BUT she firmly thinks we are! Tell your 'real football' ideas to any customers you can find in shopping centres, cinemas or restaurants and leave CAFC fans alone. We are realistic, faithful and tenacious.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There's one hilarious comment on there suggesting Pep (I assume Guardiola) should buy us and manage us to the top. Now that is left field!
  • Options
    Good article. And good comments, can see some of you already on there.
  • Options
    What is all this 'once it gets out the club is interested in investment it upsets the fans' nonsense?

Surely it's the selling of the good players, the wasting money on bad players and the lack of investment of the club in its players, manager and back from staff that upsets the players and upsets the staff?

Oh and the incompetence of the CEO
  • Options
    I can explain the 6 managers. Undermine the good ones by not giving them a good enough squad and forcing them to play dross. Hire a load of pony yes men...then leave the situation to run.
  • Options
    Re the Dublin comments, I do think she was trying to say that football is different from cinema/ restaurants. However, she could not hide her contempt in saying she found this "weird" and her actions in failing to engage properly with fans are there for all to see. Well, actually they aren't because it is her inaction, but you know what I mean.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    So both her and judas Murray have said they need to communicate better with fans but to my knowledge have still not replied to the trust statement following judas Interview statement?

They have also not communicated why Riga was appointed?

They gave admited they have under estimated the championship or mentioned how competitive the championship is but have the provided any communication to provide details of how they are going to change that?

She thinks she is being clever playing the media but all she is doing is digging her self a bigger hole with quotes that can be used as a measure
  • Options
    Think Owen was charmed by her in the end. He replied to my tweet saying it could be down to her second language. Not join. That, she is fluent in English
  • Options
    Pinocchio still here?

How depressing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kind of reiterating what's been said before, but the bit about new investors "upsetting" the fans - from where I am sitting it was the revelation that a serious approach had been ignored that really tipped the balance for many who had previously been willing to give the three stooges more time. Or am I wrong?
  • Options

Kind of reiterating what's been said before, but the bit about new investors "upsetting" the fans - from where I am sitting it was the revelation that a serious approach had been ignored that really tipped the balance for many who had previously been willing to give the three stooges more time. Or am I wrong?

Agree, because it gave an answer to the question "what's the alternative?"

When people could see a, as far as we can judge, better alternative it focused people on just how badly things are now.

She's not worried about "upsetting" fans.

And if she and Roland didn't want to confuse matters over the investment they could and should have said "no" straight away.
  • Options

"Joe Read, an 18-year-old Charlton fan who spoke passionately at the AGM and started a successful campaign to persuade fans to wear black and white to register their disapproval,"

Well done Joe, inspired idea : - 0

Hahaha, sorry.

I did say it was just the twitter account I started :-)
  • Options
    I'm glad she doesn't want to upset the fans by hearing stories about investment. You couldn't make it up,
  • Options
    Patronising and deluded - maybe she's going to change the sofa to placate the 'weirdos'.

With her dreadful communication skills this won't end well. As the protests continue her responses will merely make things worse - her customers will prove how 'weird' they are.

Maybe she can try out as CEO of Millwall next?

• Options
    "You can hardly explain the six managers"
    I thought she had at her Power Point meeting. They were all improvements on the previous one, or did she not allude to that?.
    Or at least it was for five managers/coaches or whatever they are called nowadays.
    What would be harder to explain is; why is the sixth the same as the first appointed by you and why is your grasp of reality so far removed from everybody else?