Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Just had a call from the club

2»

Comments

• Options
    Most kids know more swear words than the adults
  • Options

I get a phone call before most homes games now trying to get me to take my kids to this

Harassment of the lowest form !!

• Options
    I'm going to see if I can get my 5 year old to organise the kids event into chanting 'Charlton till I die' while they simultaneously try to hit the directors box windows with chip practice.
  • Options
    Can't be a fun job working the phones today.
  • Options
    Why today in particular? Just because it's grey and wet and a bit cold and the calls on the NHS are higher than normal?
  • Options
    KM needed something positive to tell Matthew Pennycook when he turned up this morning. Cue frantic rig around.
  • Options

This morning I received a call on my mobile from Charlton asking if my Son was going to the game on Saturday.After telling them he wasn't.."Oh well,not to worry,Bye"

WTF!!!

Maybe short on mascots ?

Or were looking for short mascots? (Stand up!!)
  • Options
    There are widespread media articles and countless social media campaigns as well as accessable forum posts stating there is going to be protests before and after the game, of which the last gathered a huge amount of attention and people.. And they plan a kids day before and after the game AFTER these articles and such have been released.. Club's totally at fault if any kids are put at risk or upset by this, IMO.
  • Options
    To be fair, the Zone is only in operation until half 2, when the protest beforehand is due to start.

I say to be fair, I mean it's probably because they're scared of hundreds of beered-up angry fans fucking up the Activity Zone and therefore potentially endangering the welfare of the child(ren) should they stupidly decide to schedule it at the same time and place as the protests.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LuckyReds said:

We just need to protest behind the North Stand then, in which case we could view this announcement as doing us a service:

"Worried about the potential for your children being exposed to bad language whilst you're protesting against our regime? Send them to the family fun zone around the corner and vent your anger without restraint! Charlton; the club which cares."

No one's got any excuse for not doing their bit now.. ;)

Or do it outside the West, tip off the press that it is all going, make sure a proper fuss is kicked up (more than last time) and let them get a picture of it all kicking off with bouncy castles etc. in the background. Would be far more effective and would make them look like idiots in the papers.
  • Options
    If anyone else gets the call they should answer 'no' and ask why .. worth seeing what incentives the club is going to offer. There must be a reason for the calls other than a passing interest in the youth of SE7?

Or perhaps Meire wants a publicity shot with some cheery local urchins to distribute to the media?
  • Options
    So they are creating a human shield out of supporter's children?
  • Options

I'm going to see if I can get my 5 year old to organise the kids event into chanting 'Charlton till I die' while they simultaneously try to hit the directors box windows with chip practice.

You're only allowed 14 chips each.
  • Options
    Had the same call regarding the 'family zone'....

Also, been coldcalled this week by commercial asking if I'm interested in advertising.

Anyone would think they were struggling?
  • Options
    They've done the kids zone a few times so I don't think it's to stop any protests.

I still question the logic of doing it outside in January but no harm in giving kids some fun activities before the game.

Problem is that parents/grandparents/relatives bring kids mainly and they are not happy with what is going on at the club so all the attempts to attract young fans, which is a good thing, fail when the club continues to alienate more and more adult fans.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Nicholas said:

They really are wankers

Come on Nicholas, stop sitting in the fence there mate!