Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    I think Steve is a little too honest and forthright in his views to come back under this mob. I like the idea of him coming back in some capacity when things are better.
  • Options

I think Steve is a little too honest and forthright in his views to come back under this mob. I like the idea of him coming back in some capacity when things are better.

“Neil Warnock, Ian Holloway and Billy Davies are all guys that are out of work, not going to cost compensation and know about the Championship."
  • Options
    Wish we'd gone for Billy Davies instead of Dowie when we had the chance, let alone instead of Karel.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

“Neil Warnock, Ian Holloway and Billy Davies are all guys that are out of work, not going to cost compensation and know about the Championship."
    Agent Holloway's work is done.
  • Options
    Would love to see him back in some capacity.
  • Options
    There's a reason these managers are out of work. Davies is incredibly difficult to work with and lost it in his second spell at Forest. Ollie has a patchy record at best, and Neil Warnock's gee em up coaching style only works in the championship and has a very defined shelf life.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    SDAddick said:

There's a reason these managers are out of work. Davies is incredibly difficult to work with and lost it in his second spell at Forest. Ollie has a patchy record at best, and Neil Warnock's gee em up coaching style only works in the championship and has a very defined shelf life.

They would still have done miles better than Fraeye though.

Respect is everything. The person in front of you when you are a player - whoever that may be - has to gain your respect in that dressing room. If they don’t then things can fall apart. If they have good man-management and have a good set of staff then you’ll see the players unite and play together.

I think that's the vital part of what he's said. If you bring in a British manager, at least the players get a feeling that he knows what he's doing (to some extent). When you appoint someone from the third division of Belgian football, where's that respect coming from? Players themselves will feel suspicious of the coach's capability. If they see something that suggests the coach is indeed incompetent of managing in the Championship, they will soon lose faith and confidence. After all, what's the point in trying if the man making decisions or giving orders actually knows much less about the game than you do? That's probably what happened when Fraeye was here. Things fell apart really quickly.
  • Options
    To be honest, I've no idea whether Steve Brown is any good as a coach or not. Just because a player is a great bloke who gave 110% all of the time, it doesn't follow that he would make a good manager or coach.
  • Options
    you are right killerandflash plenty of great players have failed as managers.
  • Options
    Really like listening to Brown's oppinions but also when you listen to him he all too often doesn't seem to know much about the opposition or their players. Maybe coaching is the way for him but he hardly provedd himself at Ebbsfleet with a good budget.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ColinTat said:

Really like listening to Brown's oppinions but also when you listen to him he all too often doesn't seem to know much about the opposition or their players. Maybe coaching is the way for him but he hardly provedd himself at Ebbsfleet with a good budget.

Although Ebbsfleet were 3rd in the table when he was sacked.

• Options
    Would have Warnock or Pearson as our manager tomorrow if we could. Wouldn't want Holloway anywhere near the club. Davies has issues so a big no for him. I like Riga. He says the right things but I still have doubts of course.
  • Options
    If only we could time travel and bring Steve back as a player!
  • Options
    Steve Brown has summed up our situation in two minutes.s Katrien still can't do it after two years.