Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Let's get behind the team & Riga tomorrow and everyone join the demonstration after !

Comments

• Options
    agree 1000%

Even or when we go behind let's still sing and cheer the team on like we did against Cardiff
  • Options
    Support the team not the regime
  • Options
    COYR
  • Options
    Make some noise for the boys..COYR
  • Options

Support the team not the regime

This
  • Options
    What are people meant to sing tomorrow inside the ground? Is it right to sing JRs Red and White Army? Or is that supporting the regime?

I'm a great believer in having a chant that goes on for ages, ie what happened at the Cardiff game. Its this that keeps the atmosphere going. It only needs about 10 people to keep it going when the lull happens between songs. It then builds up again, as the momentum does not completely die away. Those 10+ people need to be brave/pissed/don't give a shit souls, but without them the atmosphere will expire after 10 minutes.

Come on you covered end choir!!!!!!
  • Options
    After the last three disasterous results I can see the atmosphere teetering over the edge against the players

We need to get a couple of decent performances/results in now or the players could then start to get some serious flak. I fear it will lead this way.
  • Options

Jose Riga said in yesterday's interview, quite categorically, that he is not part of the network. He returned for Charlton and the fans, not for Duchatelet. Personally, I believe him and he has my backing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d203L-4WX30

I do too. He has my backing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2016
    The big divide between the fans, not just on here but talking to folk at the ground is:
    Let's get relegated if it get's rid of Duchatelet,
    Let's stay up but increase the pressure on Duchatelet to sell.

That is going to be the internecine conflict, which will follow the protests at present. splinter groups always emerge from troubles.
    It's the diverse views of humans beings.

It may only be football, but it will still follow the same path.
  • Options

Jose Riga said in yesterday's interview, quite categorically, that he is not part of the network. He returned for Charlton and the fans, not for Duchatelet. Personally, I believe him and he has my backing.

I don't believe him, but I back him anyway since I believe him to be competent, and he did a good job last time.
  • Options
    If we play the usual chite, and we go a goal down after a Roger Johnson gaffe, then remaining quiet and enduring it will represent an achievement.
    We need more than fist pumping, more than a huddle, more than effort, we need a win pure and simple.
    A win today is a minimum, then all on to the protest, hopefully joined by José, Jacko and the rest of the players.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Good points SE9.

if we go down RD will be closer to his dream of Emulating Crewe and being a Factory farm, where 17 and 18 years old play in the 1st team earning,
    1K a week before the best ones get sold on to the premier or championship
    and the average one's play for CAFC in League 2 or the National League.
    Plus journey men players wanting one last contract.

That is the NightMeire scenario facing us. (already with us ?)

Most on CL have woke up and smelt the bullshit.

As we know, others at the ground still have to.
  • Options
    braydex said:

God this 'support the teAm not the regime' message is tedious. I'll happily support the team when they pull their finger out their asses and play football.

I can see your point.
    Not sure sure how long before its "support some of the team not the regime" if recent performances carry on.

• Options

I do too. He has my backing.
    It was a fantastic presser from someone who comes across as fundamentally honest, capable and bloody nice. A glimmer of hope on the football side maybe, certainly a breath of fresh air.
  • Options
    Watching that interview with José, it's easy to take to his understated authority and commitment to the task and his genuine affection for the club.
    It would be crass not to wish him well and to get behind him and hope that he can turn it around.
    I do agree though that a successful run would have the side effect of undermining the protest, because for a percentage of fans a winning team will be enough to dilute their anger at a badly run club.
    There is that contradiction between the feel good factor of a good win disguising the threat to long term status of the club.
    I don't doubt there are many who won't be diverted from the bigger picture ( or global ID as Jose says) but potentially this may take years to play out imo
  • Options
    Let's let the team give us a raise for once! Yes we're there to support them but they need to get their backsides into gear today. It's not our job to bring a performance out of them, it's their job to bloody turn up
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    and lets make sure Riga feels welcome on his return to the Valley.
  • Options

and lets make sure Riga feels welcome on his return to the Valley.

Sympathetic applause from me.
  • Options
    If only someone could hack into the PA so Elton John's The Bitch Is Back pumps out as Meire takes her seat ...
  • Options
    I watch a lot of these interviews, and if interviews were results then I have to say Jose is very impressive. However as he says himself, words are one thing, actions are another. I wish him well but he is a supporting character in the whole play, not the lead.
  • Options
    Would be nice to have the 100% support banner at the top of the page again with Riga.
  • Options
    Riga had a decent backroom staff behind him in March 2014.

Things are altogether different now, we'll see now how decent Riga is. The next four games, with three at home, will see what he's all about.
  • Options
    The atmosphere will be fine for 10-15 mins. As soon as Blackburn score the place will go into melt down.

Riga isn't the answer, I don't see any new manager bounce heading our way.

We couldn't be playing a worse team today. When we were half decent we always struggled against them.

No reason to believe today will be any different on the pitch. The team have been pathetic for the last 3 games. As far as I am concerned Roland has stalled the plane and we are in a terminal tailspin.

I've written this season off. We are gone. Relegation confirmed by April.

And yes, I am in a foul mood today.
  • Options
    I am really quite torn by this. Part of me thinks Jose is as much here for the placatory effect as his football acumen. I really wish him well if that is his sincere view.
    I am in two minds whether to attend the game, I am definitely going to the protest after. How bizarre is this situation that I am travelling up from Maidstone to attend a demo against the club, but I am struggling with whether to actually attend the game because I just do not want to give any financial endorsement to RD and his appalling vision for this club.
    I'll just sit in the pub and follow it on here.
    COYR.

• Options
    Today's protest is pointless, they can sit inside, have a bite to eat warm & dry while we shout outside. Once we have drifted off they can head home.
    The team have given up, the club are bringing back players who couldn't wait to leave, drop outs and giving long contracts to old men, the season has gone!

We should face facts and boycott the remainder of the season and hope we can come back in August with a new owner, new manager and start to rebuild this great club
  • Options
    No the protest is not pointless. It will get media attention, it will get the attention of the wider footballing community and will attract negative attention towards RDs corporate activities none of which he will be happy about, whatever impression he may give of not giving a damn, not least because it will impact on his credibility in future dealings.