Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

12pm CARD STATEMENT- BOYCOTT ALL MATCHDAY PURCHASES TODAY

Comments

• I do hope there will be card members and protesters at all the club outlets. to encourage those who don't know, or who simply won't follow planned protest, to make those supporters aware of the importance of our actions against the regime.

peacefully of course.
  • I look forward to someone getting between me and my Pie, Mash, Gravy & Chilli sauce!
  • Not sure what to do now. Am travelling up from Broadstairs and was just going to help/protest beforehand; go to the pub during the game and then return for the protest at 5. Should I now buy a ticket and actually attend the game?
  • BR3red said:

Surely the fans should be doing that anyway? I don't understand why this announcement had to wait until 12pm. Quite the anti climax.

"By announcing this protest at 12pm, all orders and preparation would have been planned as normal."

Not too hard to understand...

It is so easy to criticise, each to there own.
    Their*
  • No mention of the bookie partner at the ground.
  • edited January 2016
    Good idea but like many others I have been doing this for a while now. Getting the publicity out there however is to be appluded and will get Delaware North asking questions to the CEO.

Should not just be today though. Every home game until they have gone
  • edited January 2016

I look forward to someone getting between me and my Pie, Mash, Gravy & Chilli sauce!

It could get messy. I used the word carnage earlier and got flagged so here's hoping.

Edit - earlier flag seems to have been retracted. Phew.
  • Sponsored links:

• Stig said:

Question form Mrs Stig, "What happens if someone buys themselves a beer. Would they be a scab"?

Will there be attempts at leafleting about this by the kiosks inside the ground/and or CARD supporters standing by kiosks to discuss this with people (i.e. effectively 'picketing').......?
  • Cant wait to nut a twunt who tries to tell me what I can and cannot buy and where!
  • I haven't bought a pint, pie, programme or anything else starting with a "p" from the ground for a little while but I will continue to but my bet on on the premise that I will clear them out!!
  • Good idea, the no food and drink bit is easy, programmes may be harder as I know a family friend who has the programme from every game he has attended in the last 20 plus years, he will be reluctant to leave a gap in his collection, I am sure there are plenty of others like him but he will be loud and proud outside the west stand at 5pm still.

You can always buy a programme online after the game, to keep the collection going.
  • Perhaps people could go into Crossbars and Bartram's but simply not buy anything?
  • Well of course it's easy to criticise an idea, whatever gets suggested with have divided opinions.

The food in the concourse is fast food made quickly and frozen during the week as they don't know how much they'll sell during the match day. They probably order the same amount each week, and increase it if they're running a promotion. They probably allow an element of risk for a poor/high attendance etc by leaving/pulling stuff in/out the freezer for the next match reduce/incrrasing their next order etc. They have been in the catering industry for a long time.

But if I'm wrong and announcing it late does make things worse for them you got to counter balance that with the affect that announcing it late to the fans has, not everyone is going to get the message and they're could be some tension at half-time knowing our fan base.

As for what am I going to do, as the next predictable question will be. I'm boycotting my first home game of the season.
  • Sponsored links:

• cafctom said:

sam3110 said:

Cant wait to nut a twunt who tries to tell me what I can and cannot buy and where!

Don't buy anything in the ground.

I'm in East Stand, D Block.
    Ah but would you say that to my face tommy boy

• Not sure what to do now. Am travelling up from Broadstairs and was just going to help/protest beforehand; go to the pub during the game and then return for the protest at 5. Should I now buy a ticket and actually attend the game?

buy a ticket and stop to_be_frank from getting hold of his pie, mash and gravy.
    And while I'm there I'll have a word with sam3110. Could make for an interesting afternoon!
  • Or even better, order 10 pints, and just as they are lined up say 'Soz, misunderstanding, don't need them anymore'.

And then say 'well that makes up for the ones you owe us from the Bournemouth game'

• sam3110 said:

cafctom said:

sam3110 said:

Cant wait to nut a twunt who tries to tell me what I can and cannot buy and where!

Don't buy anything in the ground.

I'm in East Stand, D Block.
    Ah but would you say that to my face tommy boy
    I'll look out for you with the 10 pints in both hands and pulled pork stains
  • I've not spent on anything for the last 6 matches anyway
  • Or even better, order 10 pints, and just as they are lined up say 'Soz, misunderstanding, don't need them anymore'.

Yeah certainly won't be able to 'argue', you can just quote that 'famous' saying.........."the CUSTOMER is always right!!!!"
    OH........and "shove that up your dirt box Katrien!"