Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    "The long term looks good". Really?
  • Options
    Good piece, we are slowly getting more and more coverage, now all we need is for the Belgian press and media to run with it and put pressure on him in his own back yard
  • Options
    The Charlton fan spoke very well. Good piece.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Misses the point a little bit..my it's soo much more than just what's going on on the pitch! In many ways the off field issues are worse...

That's a big part of our problem I think. Some of the stuff we are rightly disgruntled with is so nuanced it is almost impossible to convey particularly to people who aren't what I would consider proper football fans.

I often find myself outlining the reasons for my boycott and attendance of protests to people who ask and conscious that I probably sound ungrateful and have unrealistic expectations. Thankfully I am able to eventually project to them what a bunch of perverted ****s we are currently owned by and so the message does get across in the end.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The item implied everything is okay except an anonymous owner and a succession of sub standard players and managers. The panel were more brutal about the mistakes made at Bolton.
  • Options

The item implied everything is okay except an anonymous owner and a succession of sub standard players and managers. The panel were more brutal about the mistakes made at Bolton.

Bolton are in slightly more trouble,dont you think?
  • Options

Misses the point a little bit..my it's soo much more than just what's going on on the pitch! In many ways the off field issues are worse...

That's a big part of our problem I think. Some of the stuff we are rightly disgruntled with is so nuanced it is almost impossible to convey particularly to people who aren't what I would consider proper football fans.

I often find myself outlining the reasons for my boycott and attendance of protests to people who ask and conscious that I probably sound ungrateful and have unrealistic expectations. Thankfully I am able to eventually project to them what a bunch of perverted ****s we are currently owned by and so the message does get across in the end.
    It is f***ing difficult to explain to people.

That feature simply didn't explain how Roland wants to run the club: No interest in winning, import incapable staff (on and off pitch) cheaply and hope to break even by selling players at the first opportunity. No ambition. The whole point of this mess wasn't even touched on.
  • Options
    Is there a vid about the full segment with Thomson etc talking about it?
  • Options
    1eyedtutt said:

I do, but that wasn't my point.

I don't think the anger in SE7 is well understood outside of our circle. When portrayed as being a response to having a crap team and weird owner it won't get much public sympathy when, for example, it is compared to Bolton's situation (which is worse, but is also much easier for people to understand).
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Sorry if posted elsewhere but I can't check all threads. I just found this on a FB page. They've obviously taped off the telly. Skip forward the clip to get to when Jeff and co talk about it. Bit of background noise but I wanted to hear what they all had to say.

https://www.facebook.com/jrandsam/videos/10207745028811356/

Phil T has it about right in that clip imo
  • Options

The Charlton fan spoke very well. Good piece.

Not sure if it was captioned - that is Steve Clarke, Chair of CAS Trust.

• Options
    1eyedtutt said:

On the face of it yes, but not necessarily in reality. They could take a big hit go into administration and have points deducted. After one relegation though, they could start rebuilding with new owners and the slate wiped clean.

Meanwhile, we could end up as Duchatelet's plaything for years. The alienation that he and his cohorts are fostering amongst our fans and the mismanagement of the clubs assets could be far more damaging in the long run than a short term financial crisis, no matter how big a debt the Trotters happen to have.
  • Options
    Our whole situation would be more understandable and even acceptable, up to a point, if our owner was broke.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Curb_It said:

Sorry if posted elsewhere but I can't check all threads. I just found this on a FB page. They've obviously taped off the telly. Skip forward the clip to get to when Jeff and co talk about it. Bit of background noise but I wanted to hear what they all had to say.

https://www.facebook.com/jrandsam/videos/10207745028811356/

That's good stuff from the sky sports panel. They are asking the questions too of what the hell is RD getting out of it all.
    Matt Le Tit spoke well.

Good to see our misfortune as fans is understood and acknowledged by high profile folk.
    I bet the situation pisses Kammy off would like to see his take on it. Unbelievable, perhaps.

Jeff stelling....a man that's more concerned by the demise of Charlton Athletic then Richard Murray.
  • Options
    We have to be chuffed with the media's response. Allowing for one BBC Local News spot by a petty social climber, seems the media are disgusted by what's happening at Charlton.

The next challenge is keeping them interested. The story has to evolve and develop for them to keep covering it. Most likely that will come from the pitch. But otherwise, if the club are staying silent then that's down to us.