Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players Marks Charlton v Blackburn

13»

Comments

• Options
    Henderson 6 - Confidence very low, but best performance in a while. Unlucky with the goal.
    Solly 7 - Getting back to his usual self.
    Teixeira 8 - He was all around the first half of the pitch, very composed and confident. Will be hard getting past him but he likes to clear it as soon as possible. Passing is not his strong point.
    Lennon 7 - For a youth CB he is getting better by game and scoring a few. Happy with him in the side.
    Fox 7 - Refreshing to see him getting good reviews for once. Done a lot of work on the pitch, there's a good player there but he is for sure a confidence player.
    Berg Gudmundsson 5 - MISSING REPORT to the police would come in handy. Where's last seasons player gone?
    Cousins 7 - Throwing himself about for tackles. Best game in a while but no creativity.
    Jackson 6.5 - It kills me in giving one of the lowest scores to Jacko. He gets unnoticed for a lot on the pitch and a captain is to lead of the ball as well. But he didn't do anything amazing yesterday.
    Bergdich 5 - Worst player by far. I was calling for Harriott for most of the game, why did he get picked in front of him? His passing was awful.
    Watt 6.5 - Would of been a 7 if he didn't feel like he had to create everything himself and take on every player in the process. He's one of the most technical players we have and we look more of a threat with him on the pitch. Rovers defenders was man marking him all game but he still battled. May of been his last game...
    Vetokele 6 - No real threat, slow on the turns, I'm waiting for that fully fit, full confidence Igor to come back. That's when I hope to see his goals fly back.
  • Options
    Henderson 6
    Solly 7
    Teixeira 8
    Lennon 7
    Fox 7
    Gudmundsson 5
    Cousins 7
    Jackson 6
    Bergdich 6
    Watt 7
    Vetokele 6
  • Options

Henderson - Did OK without being outstanding. Unlucky with the goal, and a good one on one save in the second half.

Solly - 6 Solid, without being outstanding. Does not get forward enough for me.

Teixeira - 7 A proper centre back. Don't know what's behind me? Row Z! Looked strong and purposeful. OK, his passing didn't look any great shakes, but did Rufus'?

Lennon - 7 Still looks a confident young man, needs the right man alongside him. Step forward, Mr. Teixeira. ..

Fox - 6.5 Edges Solly, as he gets forward more, and is much better in the air.

Berg Gudmundsson - 5 MIA again. Last year, every time he got the ball, you thought he would score. This year, you wonder who in the crowd is getting a ball in the mush...

Cousins - 8 MOTM I don't get the not creative comments. Isn't that JBG's job? It's strange how Keith Jones can be some sort of hero, but JC ends up being the antichrist. A number of fantastic tackles, including one where he covered over half the pitch to cover the left back position. And if you check, I don't remember him hitting one bad pass the whole second half.

Jackson - 5.5 Covered a lot of ground, but struggles with the pace of the game sometimes. That's why the "non creative" JC is in the side...

Bergdich - 7 Close to man of the match. Scared Blackburn witless with his pace. A number of very good tackles, including when taking on 2 Blackburn players right in front of me. And those blaming him for the goal, watch he highlights again. Because he pulled off a thunderous one on the edge of the box less than 5 seconds before the goal went in... Also a number of flicks and back heels to play in other players.

Watt - 6.5 The standard "curate's egg" of a performance. The first half, rampaging runs, and, man alive, some passes! Second half more like the greedy whining petulant TW we have come to expect...

Vetokele - 6.5 Almost the Igor of old. Showed great strength in the first half. (Usually as a step ladder for Blackburn players twice his size!) Tired, but before replaced showed one glimpse of the old Igor, when bursting between 2 defenders, and hitting a good shot that the keeper had to put behind for a corner...
  • Options
    Henderson - 6
    Solly - 6
    Teixeira - 7
    Lennon - 6
    Fox - 6
    Berg Gudmundsson -4
    Cousins - 6
    Jackson - 6
    Bergdich - 6
    Watt - 7.5
    Vetokele - 6.5
  • Options
    Henderson 6.5 took some good crosses out of the air, unlucky with the goal. I'm obviously not the only one frustrated by the time he takes sometimes & a few bad throw outs put players under immediate pressure.

Solly 7.5 got forward well, good 1-2 for the cross that should have been a penalty.

Teixeira 8 very impressed. Good, solid tackler & commanded the back 4

Lennon 7.5 good game, got lucky with the deflection on the goal, but we'll take that all day.

Fox 7.5 did very well today. Riga obviously has him picked out for heading as he won all Hendo's kick-outs and set a few chances up.

Berg Gudmundsson 5.5 not the player we know he can be.

Cousins 6.5 nothing creative, but breaks up play well.

Jackson 6.5 like Jordan really. Tried really hard, not quite there on a good few occasions, but still a leader.

Bergdich 7.5 impressed me. There have been glimpses of talent in the few games he has had, but he managed to up his level a lot longer this game.

Watt 7 would be more, if he could see that clinical final pass. Still the only one to lift us and some of his runs from deep, past 2, 3, 4 defenders were thrilling. Didn't see an issue with his teammates at all.

Vetokele 7.5 a few more games like that and we'll see the "original" Igor again.

Reza n/a
    Harriott n/a
  • Options
    Henderson 6.5
    Solly 7
    Teixeira 7
    Lennon 6.5
    Fox 6
    Berg Gudmundsson 5.5
    Cousins 7.5
    Jackson 6
    Bergdich 6.5
    Watt 7
    Vetokele 6

Reza n/a
    Harriott n/a
  • Options
    Henderson 7
    Solly 6
    Teixeira 7
    Lennon 6
    Fox 5
    Berg Gudmundsson 4
    Cousins 6
    Jackson 5
    Bergdich 5
    Watt 7
    Vetokele 6
  • Options
    Henderson 7
    Solly 7
    Teixeira 7.5
    Lennon 7
    Fox 7
    Berg Gudmundsson 6.5
    Cousins 6.5
    Jackson 6
    Bergdich 6
    Watt 6
    Vetokele 6
  • Options

Henderson 6.5 unlucky with the goal
    Solly 6.5
    Teixera 8 really good debut. The defence was a lot more organised with him in it
    Lennon 7 played well. Nervy at times but played well and got the goal
    Fox 6.5 better from him. Credit where it's due. Battled hard
    Berg Gudmundsson 5.5 where's the JBG of last season gone? I think he has one eye on the Euros.
    Cousins 6.5
    Jackson 6 went missing from time to time but he's our only leader
    Bergdich 7 some nice tackling. Was a nuisance for them
    Watt 5 I think he's brilliant but my god he is so greedy! He just needed to pass!! And he can piss off if he's going to have a go at JR and JE. He needs to pipe down.
    Vetokele 6.5 good to see him back at the Valley. Let's get him up to match sharpness quickly!

Reza n/a
    Harriott n/a

We looked like a team again today.
  • Options
    Henderson - 6 unlucky with the goal
    Solly - 7 solid
    Teixeira - 8 impressed a lot. will no doubt be charltonised soon enough.
    Lennon - 6 looked better alongside jorge, a few mad decisions though
    Fox - 7 best performance in a while
    Berg Gudmundsson - 5 didn't do a lot
    Cousins - 5 thought the two centre mids were pretty disappointing, slow and didn't really link up defence and attack
    Jackson - 5 see above
    Bergdich -7 really impressed. better than i remember. first half especially was very good
    Watt - 7 obviously selfish at times, but without a doubt our most exciting player. we're much more creative with him in the side. always feel that something might happen when the ball's at his feet.
    Vetokele - 5 got in some okay positions but stil a long way off the pace

Reza n/a
    Harriott n/a

Ref - 1 terrible performance
    Blackburn fans - 1 didn't make a sound
    Jordan Rhodes - whining little prick
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Henderson 6
    Solly 6
    Teixeira 8
    Lennon 7
    Fox 6
    Berg Gudmundsson 5
    Cousins 5
    Jackson 6
    Bergdich 6
    Watt 7.5
    Vetokele 6.5
  • Options
    Henderson - 6.5: unlucky with the goal and made a good save from Rhodes in the second half. Otherwise, not much else to do, as Blackburn's shooting and delivery was generally lamentable
    Solly - 6: solid performance
    Teixeira - 7: a good debut and helped to stabilise us after the recent traumas
    Lennon - 6.5: a few industrial moments but I like his physicality and determination. Taking into account his goals for Gillingham, I think he's scored more league goals than any of our players, save for Tony Watt !
    Fox - 6.5: a decent performance
    Berg Gudmundsson - 4: our worst performer on the day - completely peripheral
    Cousins - 6: too loose in possession, but covered a lot of ground and (as usual) got stronger towards the end of the game
    Jackson - 5: struggled to make an impact
    Bergdich - 6.5: a good first half, although less joy in the second after Blackburn got on top in midfield
    Watt - 7: some wonderful slaloming runs but undermined by not releasing the ball when teammates were better placed. Be that as it may, a real worry for Blackburn and we looked much more of a threat with Tony in the side. Let's hope he's still here next month
    Vetokele - 6.5: looked good in the first half. Understandably tired as the game wore on and got no protection from the pedantic, whistle-happy referee
  • Options
    Henderson - 6.5
    Solly - 6
    Teixeira - 7.5
    Lennon - 6.5
    Fox - 6.5
    Berg Gudmundsson - 4
    Cousins - 8
    Jackson - 5
    Bergdich - 6
    Watt -7
    Vetokele - 7
  • Options
    Henderson 6, looked better than of recently.
    Solly 6 goodperformance
    Teixeira 6 a good start overall and eas brave putting his head to high boots.
    Lennon 7 +1 for the goal. A decent performance.
    Fox 6 his best for a long time.
    Berg Gudmundsson 5 to many passes went astray.
    Cousins 7 worked hard defending.
    Jackson 5, legs showed signs of tiredness.
    Bergdich 6, better than I expected given his dire previous performances.
    Watt 6 was watt, on occassion too selfish and not spotting the best option, but still worried the defence.
    Vetokele 5, showing signs of comming back.
  • Options
    Today's Mirror gives JBG Man of theMatch, do these reporters attend matches?
  • Options
    Henderson 6.5
    Solly 7
    Teixeira 7.5
    Lennon 7
    Fox 7
    Berg Gudmundsson 6
    Cousins 7
    Jackson 6.5
    Bergdich 6
    Watt 7
    Vetokele 7
  • Options
    Henderson ... 7 : Felt really comfortable with his catching today, caught everything that came into the box, was dreadfully unlucky with the goal, yet made amends in the second half when one-on-one with Rhodes... For those who wonder if the players care about our position, Hendo looked distraught at Half-Time because of his error.

Solly ... 7 : Classic performance from him and didnt put a foot wrong, should have won us a penalty

Teixeira ... 8 (MOTM) : Great debut from him, Graham / Rhodes didnt want to go near him after five mins, would have got a higher mark but his distribution meant that the ball was coming straight back too often.

Lennon ... 7 : When he's got a good Defensive partner Harry plays well, having either Bauer or Jorge alongside him will only aid his development... Having Johnson alongside him now will only hinder it.

Fox ... 7 : We dont need to replace him on that performance, great run out for him, again another one who shows he cared as shown by his reaction when we scored.

Gudmundsson ... 6.5 : Pretty anonymous

Cousins ... 7.5 : He was everywhere, showing why he's a good box to box player, getting in the Blackburn faces

Jackson ... 6.5 : Pretty anonymous

Bergdich ... 6.5 : Much improved, and will be happy if he stays on those type of performances, he disappeared a bit in the second half (Although was on the other side of the pitch to me), yet his first touch was letting him down a few times.

Watt ... 8 : That was the Tony Watt of last season, much better from him, was his best performance this season

Vetokele ... 7 : He's almost back, did well to force Steele into a mistake in the first half (When he was played a horrible back-pass), should have scored in the second, although didnt quite strike the ball that well
  • Options
    Henderson - 6.5
    Solly - 6.5
    Teixeira - 7.5
    Lennon - 7
    Fox - 7.5
    Berg Gudmundsson - 6
    Cousins - 6
    Jackson - 5.5
    Bergdich - 7
    Watt - 6
    Vetokele - 7
  • Options
    Henderson -6
    Solly -7
    Teixeira -7
    Lennon -7
    Fox -8
    Berg Gudmundsson -5
    Cousins -7
    Jackson -6
    Bergdich -7
    Watt -7
    Vetokele -7
  • Options
    Henderson -7
    Solly 6.5
    Teixeira -8
    Lennon -7
    Fox -7
    Berg Gudmundsson -6.5
    Cousins 6
    Jackson -6
    Bergdich -7
    Watt -6.5
    Vetokele -7
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Henderson - 6 Unlucky with the goal.
    Solly - 7 Good effort
    Teixeira - 8 - MOM Almost as good as Costa.
    Lennon - 7 He's one of our own, getting better every week.
    Fox - 7 Usually cant stand watching him play, but he put a shift in and didn't moan at everyone like usual.
    Berg Gudmundsson - 4 Whats up mate, we know Watts a twat... don't let him put you off.
    Cousins - 6 Average
    Jackson - 7 Classic Jacko, gave it his all.
    Bergdich - 7 Best I've seen him in a Charlton shirt.
    Watt - 3 Absoloute idiot, tries hard, but tries even harder to put everyone else down. PASS THE BALL MATE.
    Vetokele - 7 Good game!
  • Options
    Henderson - 6 A couple of quicker goal kicks this week.
    Solly - 6 Didn't push up enough
    Teixeira - 7.5 Good solid debut, dealt with their front two physically. Actually better than I expected.
    Lennon - 6.5 The lad just needs experience. Some of his hoof it clearances poor
    Fox - 4 Clearly I was watching a different game to some posters. Drop him for THD please.
    Berg Gudmundsson - 5.5 No impact at all. Tracked back better than usual
    Cousins - 7.5 Good game from Jordan
    Jackson - 6.5 Couple of defensive headers, not much else.
    Bergdich - 7 Best game for us
    Watt - 6 Looks dangerous but running sidewards past 6 defenders is pretty pointless. never looked like scoring
    Vetokele - 6 Good to see him back, needs to sharpen up. never looked like scoring
  • Options
    Henderson - 7 Played well, let down by Lennon for their goal
    Solly - 7 A solid performance.
    Teixeira - 8.5 - MOM on debut...
    Lennon - 6 - Scored for us but dreadful marking for their goal.
    Fox - 7 - Best game for a while, good to see him trying to get forward.
    Berg Gudmundson - 4 - I though he was dreadful.
    Cousins - 5 - Not one of his better games.
    Jackson - 6 - I would like to see him getting further forward and making some runs into the box.
    Bergdich - 7 - best game he has had for us.
    Watt - 6 - Plays like a 12 year old kid at the park who knows he's better than anyone else, not a team player.
    Vetokele - 6 - Seems like he's getting his touch and fitness back.

Riga - 8, for trying to stabilise our free fall. Played it safe for the last 10, a much needed point.