Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The black and white scarfs

No matter the cause behind them, I just can't associate myself with anyone that wears a black and white scarf...Couldn't we change it to 'Black White and Red Instead' and at least retain some indication that it's Charlton ?

Comments

• Options
    Spell it out in Black and white, works on every level.

whether it cup finals shirts or being honest.
  • Options

I'm amazed that we ever got back to the Valley after the Selhurst days. How did we all unite so well in those days ?
    Scarf colours, boycotts, people not able to avoid a beer or hotdog for a couple of hours......

There was a common cause, one aim and the colours we rallied to were a recognisable red and white...
  • Options

I'm amazed that we ever got back to the Valley after the Selhurst days. How did we all unite so well in those days ?
    Scarf colours, boycotts, people not able to avoid a beer or hotdog for a couple of hours......

There wasn't any internet back then!!!
  • Options
    Missed It said:

There wasn't any internet back then!!!
    Very true!
  • Options

There was a common cause, one aim and the colours we rallied to were a recognisable red and white...
    Is there not a common cause today ? Get Roland out ?
  • Options

No matter the cause behind them, I just can't associate myself with anyone that wears a black and white scarf...Couldn't we change it to 'Black White and Red Instead' and at least retain some indication that it's Charlton ?

Oh come on, they're free scarves!
  • Options

They're free Fulham scarves, not Charlton ones...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It worked for Fulham, they got shot of Micheal Jackson. Let's see if we can shift Rene & Renarta. ;)

• Options

Fun and games at Fulham away. :smile:
  • Options
    McCartney said:
    Splitters. Where are they now eh? Probably all supporting Fulham..
  • Options

If everyone just continued to wear the normal colours,thats what the management will see,if there is a significant change(i.e. black and white scarves)then it must be obvious,even to them,that there is a rebellion against the regime.The guys organising the protests,scarves etc.are mirroring what went on in the back to the valley days,they deserve our support.

Spot on.
  • Options
    So the protest teams hand out free black and white scarfs (how many so far ?) as part of the 'we want our charlton back' campaign (no irony there then) - if, at the next game, the club handed free red and white scarfs to everyone that turns up, how many charlton fans would not accept and wear them ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2016

So the protest teams hand out free black and white scarfs (how many so far ?) as part of the 'we want our charlton back' campaign (no irony there then) - if, at the next game, the club handed free red and white scarfs to everyone that turns up, how many charlton fans would not accept and wear them ?

What has this got to do with the price of eggs? I bought mine incidentally and I'm not the only one.
  • Options
    Do you even know why they are handing out black and white scarves?
  • Options
    As a Charlton fan I felt incredibly proud yesterday to see a sea of people wearing black and white. It was the clearest demonstration yet that the vast majority of Charlton fans want a regime change. The wearing of alternative colours as a means of protest has a long and noble history, including but not limited to:
    ➸ The 'Colour Revolutions' against post-Soviet governments in Eastern Europe
    ➸ The Bersih protests in Malasia that got up the government's nose so much that they actually banned yellow t-shirts from being worn
    ➸ Gay people (and their supporters) wearing pink triangles as part of the anti Clause 28 campaign
    ➸ In football, Manchester United fans wearing the green and yellow of Newton Heath as a protest against the Glazer family's running of their club. Paul Breen's excellent article gives more on this and makes a link to our own protest.

The colours of black and white are distinct from the usual red, and yet are part of the club's colour palette. Wearing black and white it therefore the easiest way of showing contempt for Duchatelet's experiment whilst clearly identifying oneself as a Charlton fan. Whoever first thought of the black and white scarf idea (I believe it was Henry), got it 100% right. There is absolutely no problem whatsoever with Charlton fans choosing to wear these colours - and the more that choose to do so the better.

• Options
    I was sure that yesterday there would be a large number of supporters wanting to show support for the Card campaign and the black and white scarves were a fantastic idea. It was obvious that large numbers of people were happy to give donations for the scarf but I thought I probably would be disappointed and not get one so purchased 3 on eBay and gave a donation to the fund. Was even asked by a steward at the protest why everyone was wearing them. Keep up the good work.