Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

60s nostalgia - name the players and officials

from these signatures.

Note that the dinner/dance was held in a department store in Lewisham. The glamour of it all ; - )

Recently donated to the Charlton Athletic Museum from the family of Maurice Banham by @LeaburnForEngland

imageimage

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Left to right ;

Keith Peacock, Eddie Firmani, Charlie Hall ( trainer), Mike Bailey, Mike Kenning, Brian Tocknell, Frank Haydock, Mike Rose, Charlie Gough, Brian Kinsey, John Hewie, Jim Ryan, Peter or Ted ? Croker, Michael Gliksten, ?, ?, Derek Ufton, Frank Hill (Manager) and Roy Matthews.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Chiesman was a director at the time I believe, also the father in law to the great MCC, Michael Colin Cowdrey
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Chiesman was a director at the time I believe, also the father in law to the great MCC, Michael Colin Cowdrey

He was, you're right and the family owned Chieseman's department store over at Lewisham Hight St IIRC, where the dinner was held.
    http://www.housefraserarchive.ac.uk/company/?id=c1654
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Left to right r;

Keith Peacock, Eddie Firmani, Charlie Hall ( trainer), Mike Bailey, Mike Kenning, Brian Tocknell, Frank Haydock, Mike Rose, Charlie Gough, Brian Kinsey, John Hewie, Jim Ryan, Peter or Ted ? Croker, Michael Gliksten, ?, ?, Derek Ufton, Frank Hill (Manager) and Roy Matthews.

Pretty sure it is Peter Croker.

I can't get the one you're stuck on either.

Four cafc managers on there.
  • Options
    Think its Dennis Edwards to the left of Michael Gliksten ?
  • Options

RedChaser said:

Left to right r;

Pretty sure it is Peter Croker.

I can't get the one you're stuck on either.

Four cafc managers on there.
    Dennis Edwards? His grandson has posted on here before I think.
  • Options
    Just the one under Gliksten to get now
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    RedChaser said:

He was, you're right and the family owned Chieseman's department store over at Lewisham Hight St IIRC, where the dinner was held.
    http://www.housefraserarchive.ac.uk/company/?id=c1654
    I bumped into MCC (physically) in Chiesemans once when I was a kid. It was like rebounding from a sofa. He gave me a look like Mainwaring used to give Pike.