Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

More people being told to leave for taking photos

Seems to have been pretty common on Saturday: the guy inside the club during the protest, Richard Cawley, people on the staircases..

Why wont you let us take photos during our day out Katrien? Most restaurants allow groups to take photos of eachother..

Comments

• Options
    Swisdom said:

This heavy-handed approach led to Louis going to watch Blackheath play rugby instead of attending a Charlton match. He's a lifelong fan, as is his father and both missed out.

Pretty shameful of the club

Ps - louis' father is a retired metropolitan police man so I'd suggest he knows right from wrong

Very shameful; I hope he had a decent afternoon at the rugby. Fair play to him for also getting a decent picture of the guy that told him to leave too.

Pretty shocked that this is how bad it's got with the club, very disappointing.
  • Options
    Kicking out your paying customers? That's the way to run a successful business, Katrien?
  • Options
    I took a similar pic about 5mins before that one was posted. Got some stern looks from a couple of the heavy mob who didn't seem too happy about it.
  • Options
    Shocking. How can it be an offence to take pictures?
  • Options
    Mackle said:

Shocking. How can it be an offence to take pictures?

It's not; it's private property so the club have the right to turf out whoever they want, unfortunately they seem to think it's in their best interests to turf out the fans.

As I say, just underlines what a sad state of affairs this is. What on earth is wrong with taking photos? An hour later there was about 2,000 people looking at the same thing..

The club really are deluded if they feel a photo on twitter of the barricade was going to make any difference.
  • Options
    I seem to recall that this was also a problem during the first week of the London 2012 Olympics, and there were solicitors appearing on TV saying that there were no legal grounds for security to be acting this way.
  • Options
    Same for videos. This was taken just as they cracked down on this viewpoint.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1663706037247122/1672312706386455/?notif_t=like
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Police Evidence-gatherers filming the protesters from one of the West Stand staircases yesterday, too.
    Expect more of this, and the hassling of us, in weeks to come...
    More proof that our campaign is effective.

Seriously, the Police are not interested in this, as firstly it's on private property and secondly, no criminal law is being broken.

The local OB have better things to do with their time than videoing people who are already in a highly CCTV covered area.

• Options

Just shared this on Facebook
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Ours must be the only club in Britain that turfs out its fans, all the others try to encourage fans in. Shocking and disgraceful.
  • Options

I don't have Facebook, can you explain what's in the vid?
  • Options
    I think a lot of the people taking video and photos on the West stand staircase of the demo worked for the club. maybe they will have a data base of of demonstrators. You could see them refusing people season tickets etc who attend these demo`s. Which is why I think they where tacking the photos.
  • Options
    msomerton said:

I think a lot of the people taking video and photos on the West stand staircase of the demo worked for the club. maybe they will have a data base of of demonstrators. You could see them refusing people season tickets etc who attend these demo`s. Which is why I think they where tacking the photos.

Unless they start doing photo cards with season tickets they won't know who anyone is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Next home game everybody cameras out, flash on, focus on directors box and 3 2 1 SMILE Katrien. See what security do then. Also encourage everybody to take photos of any over zealous stewards.
  • Options
    If they refuse to let in anyone who attends a demonstration they'll soon have empty stands.
  • Options
    Unless there are signs prohibiting photography,like you get at concerts,museums,etc.they cant stop it,what about the loads of fans taking photos of the players on the pitch,what about the players happily posing for selfies with the fans,tell the jobsworths to piss off.
  • Options
    SHG - please add "under current regime" to your post.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Ours must be the only club in Britain that turfs out its fans, all the others try to encourage fans in. Shocking and disgraceful.

Don't forget we're the only club in Britain, than keeps it's own customers in, whilst letting visiting spanners go freely.
    A Local police decision after the trouble at the den from the match before.
    Unusual but can understand it from a get them on the train and away from the ground as quick as possible. Anyone who was at Palace this season will know the shocking decision to let both sets of fans leave at the same time and sending the fans into each other.
    The police got lucky that night, there wasn't a major problem, always get a few morons throwing bottles and coins, from palace and cafc.

• Options
    Clearly the club has decided on a hard-line approach to try to stifle protests. Stopping photography was possible before mobile phones but it's almost impossible now - too portable, small and easy to use - and so trying to do so is rather silly. I suspect if there are crowds rather than individuals, such as at the protest, then they will have no option but to stand back and not get involved. If a large number of people - even 10 or 20 - in an area started taking pictures what can they do? Hardly wade in with a heavy-handed approach.

It's a sign that they )she actually) are rattled and taking an old-fashioned heavy-handed attitude. You know what, Katrien, threatening them does not count as communicating with fans.
  • Options

If they refuse to let in anyone who attends a demonstration they'll soon have empty stands.

The club does not have the technology or time to carry out a sophisticated face-recognition process even if it wanted to. And the protesters have not done anything wrong. I suspect if it was the club filming then it was in case anything kicked off.

I can see a situation where they clear the car park behind the West Stand at, say, 5.15 citing safety issues. As it is private land then they could try this, although it seems unlikely the police would get involved in that unless it started getting nasty ... and you suspect some of the current stewards would like nothing more than that.
  • Options
    How does this fit in with the target 20,000 strategy? Lobbing supporters out will only make the working group's job harder :neutral: