Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

3 Ideas

1... more smoke bombs at the protest please, just love em and without being a danger adds to the atmosphere. 2...get as many people to take posters banners etc to the next home game....3... how about a large flag ( fire resistant of course) with RD and KM out being passed around the ground during the match.

Comments

• Options
    Get Jim Davidson to usher a banner through the padded seats across KM RM heads then drop it when it reaches them.
  • Options
    angrybird said:

1... more smoke bombs at the protest please, just love em and without being a danger adds to the atmosphere.

Go for it. You buy them and bring them but do be aware it's illegal

2...get as many people to take posters banners etc to the next home game

Go for it. Ask the protest fund for some money and see it they are willing to fund it

3... how about a large flag ( fire resistant of course) with RD and KM out being passed around the ground during the match.

Tricky to sneak a really big banner in without someone noticing but go for it.

• Options
    There's a meeting of CARD this week, so perhaps these ideas can be put on their list. The point was to try to bring coordination of protest action under a single umbrella rather than smaller disorganised actions (although they can still be effective I guess).
  • Options
    I still think the best idea was the one that involved everyone staying outside and taking their seats five minutes after kick off that would be awesome. We could all then walk in singing that would definitely have a effect.
  • Options
    That as well Norman, that as well
  • Options
    I thought this was a thread about mutant Bambis...
  • Options
    I have an idead. Writing the words bomb, danger and flag on the internet isn't that sensible, bound to be picked up by GCHQ.

Oh fu
  • Options
    Henry Irving, the king of telling people to go for stuff.

His poor kids must get into a hell of a lot of trouble at school :- )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

angrybird said:

1... more smoke bombs at the protest please, just love em and without being a danger adds to the atmosphere.

Go for it. You buy them and bring them but do be aware it's illegal

2...get as many people to take posters banners etc to the next home game

Go for it. Ask the protest fund for some money and see it they are willing to fund it

3... how about a large flag ( fire resistant of course) with RD and KM out being passed around the ground during the match.

Tricky to sneak a really big banner in without someone noticing but go for it.

But you could try Henry.....Big Banner that is.
  • Options
    The fit and proper to run a football club thing. Is it a committee, is one man, is it run by the FA? Can they be brought back to judge if the football club is not being run properly? Because at the moment it is not being run as a football club. Five managers in 22months, the best players being sold, no football scouting system, an owner who is never there, an inexperienced CEO, young players being thrown in before they are ready. I could go on but you all know the score. Roland is in it purely to make money in a non football way. Can he be got rid of because he is not fit and proper?
  • Options

I still think the best idea was the one that involved everyone staying outside and taking their seats five minutes after kick off that would be awesome. We could all then walk in singing that would definitely have a effect.

Don't be silly - it would take 20,000 customers 20 minutes to enter the ground: - )
  • Options
    ** Let them believe the pitch is going to be invaded---- they already had to Bob goons stationed about just in case

** Take over Bartrams refuse to move

** Many banners different stands and shown same time and let it be known they will be defended

Said before do not under estimate the threat of violence
  • Options
    The threat of violence is, in the short term, if believable at least as effective as actual violence.

I'm more in the peaceful protest camp myself and felt the need to leave the protest after the second smoke bomb was lit, more because I get worried about having my son there (5) than anything else.

I reckon the protests are more impressive if there are large numbers (which includes more moderate protesters and kids) to start off including organised chanting. This could begin after the game for a good 20-30 minutes followed by more vocal chanting after with those able to remain stepping the content up a notch or three.

• Options
    I think little leaks here and there - the type that provokes them to spend time and money - that lead to absolutely nothing would be very powerful. I guess it also fits in with the theme of making the club unmanageable.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

I think little leaks here and there - the type that provokes them to spend time and money - that lead to absolutely nothing would be very powerful. I guess it also fits in with the theme of making the club unmanageable.

Like draw and fade attacks?
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Mackle said:

LuckyReds said:

Like draw and fade attacks?
    I guess so actually, drawing a response out of them and then having whatever they're responding to simply disappear.. or morph in to something completely different.

It could even be organised pretty simply over CharltonLife; 3 potential different types of flash protest are announced:

- Boycott of food and merchandise,
    - Pitch Invasion,
    - Protest during the match behind The East Stand on Lansdowne Mews where it's visible from The West Stand.

In response to this, the club are forced too - (a) reduce the production of food to minimise wastage, (b) place extra stewards on the pitch side and (c) place extra stewards near the rear of The East Stand. This all has to be arranged well in advance due to overtime and catering staffing...

Then at 1pm before the match something different is announced. The club have wasted time, money and energy preventing the above 3 ideas and are woefully unprepared for.. say.. a banner day style protest. Completely unmanageable.

I'm just thinking how stupid they would've looked if they'd put those temporary fences up on Saturday and no bugger turned up to protest there!
  • Options
    Really helps the media profile if CARD are known for being mobile, agile, and adaptable against a slow lumbering dinosaur.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2016
    More of an annoyance then anything, but we could all start using Katrien's work address to sign up to receive various brochures about going to Belgium?

• Options
    Puts the seed that she should return there though :)
  • Options
    Exactly.