Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Museum Requires Help (Microfiche Reader Required)

edited January 2016 in General Charlton
Hi all,

A generous fan loaned the museum some potentially interesting board room minutes on Saturday.

However, these notes are all on microfiche (For those that don't know, it's how people stored documents back in the day when we were good)

This is where, I hope you fellow lifers can help. Sooooo, if anybody out their has , or has access to a microfiche reader with a scanning facility can you let me know.

Thanks
cafc999

Comments

• Options
    Might be worth asking the Greenwich Heritage Centre in Woolwich - they've got microfiche machines. They're attached to printers rather than scanners.
  • Options

Might be worth asking the Greenwich Heritage Centre in Woolwich - they've got microfiche machines. They're attached to printers rather than scanners.

Thanks for the heads up inspector
  • Options
    Stick Microfiche in the title Stu, just in case.
  • Options

Stick Microfiche in the title Stu, just in case.

Will do when I get home
  • Options
    Hello,

I have a box of 1995-2007 programmes. Would they be more useful with you guys? Includes Wembley programme, Div 1 and most prems.
  • Options
    iamdan said:

Hello,

I have a box of 1995-2007 programmes. Would they be more useful with you guys? Includes Wembley programme, Div 1 and most prems.

Unless they are away games I'm sorry to say we have loads of them already thanks to other generous fans. Thanks for the offer though

Aways or pre-1945 are what we are looking for now in programmes.

Tickets or other memorabilia or odd stuff then yes, please.
  • Options

iamdan said:

Hello,

Unless they are away games I'm sorry to say we have loads of them already thanks to other generous fans. Thanks for the offer though

No probs, will sort out.
  • Options
    cheers
  • Options
    Greenwich's planning department should have a Microfiche that you could use
  • Options

iamdan said:

Hello,

Henry, do you have a database of programmes "wanted". There may be some gaps i can fill, for example, but i'd need to know what you have already.

Alternatively, at some point would you need some help setting that up?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

iamdan said:

Hello,

Henry, do you have a database of programmes "wanted". There may be some gaps i can fill, for example, but i'd need to know what you have already.

@killerjerrylee is the museum's programme guy so best to ask him. We have all but about 10 home programmes from 1970 and most homes from 1945 to 1969.

We don't have many away games or reserves and not much pre-1945.
  • Options

iamdan said:

Hello,

@killerjerrylee is the museum's programme guy so best to ask him. We have all but about 10 home programmes from 1970 and most homes from 1945 to 1969.

ok, have PM'd him
  • Options

iamdan said:

Hello,

ok, have PM'd him
    thanks

the more unusual and old the better but we're happy to get things from this season too such as a programme from tonights youth game or some protest leaflets. All part of our history.
  • Options
    Is the museum open this Friday?
  • Options
    Yes