Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is that it then?

We plummeted spectacularly into the relegation zone under the management and interim management of Luzon & Fraeye.

Fans protested. The media got on board and pressure built. Mistake after mistake followed lies after lies (or vice versa).

Attendances plummeted almost as spectacularly as our league position.

The owner eventually, albeit reluctantly, sacks the interim manager who he should never have appointed in the first place. But not those who worked alongside him and contributed to our decline - they remain at the club.

They appoint an ex-Charlton manager who they didn't want as manager of Charlton previously. Or their other club, Standard Liege....twice before? He will work alongside those that worked (and failed) alongside KF.

They sign an ex-player who they didn't want to sign at the end of last season on an 18 month contract.

They sign an ex-player on loan who couldn't wait to leave us, but has struggled to get a game since leaving us. Even at M K Dons.

They sign a defender on a 28 day loan who is not fit enough or good enough, so that he can get fitter and better and then return to his club.

We get hammered 6-0

They sign a defender from an ex-network club on an extraordinary long contract?

We draw against Blackburn.

Is that it now do you think? Are we now just hoping we can get out of this mess with what we have now, or do you think we can expect some other loan players coming in who don't really want to play for us?

Perhaps a few more crocked players that can get fit?

Maybe a few more stray network players who aren't needed at their current club or who aren't fitting in?

Will Lookman still go?

Will we try and drag any of our under 18's into the first team?

We've been told the owner and CEO are serious about the club. That they want to push onto the Premier League etc......but this doesn't strike me as a club with any ambition at all, not even the ambition to finish mid-table?

What will happen if we lose to fellow strugglers Rotherham? Will we only then, maybe, dip into the transfer window again? Will 'they' then realise just how close we are to going down to League One?

I just have no idea where this team and/or club go from here? Everything now seems to be hanging on the Rotherham result before the club do anything more. If we win, or scrape a draw, will the team be deemed good enough to stay up? Will the squad be looked upon as being big enough to cope?

Comments

• Options
    Good questions... Wonder if someone can get in contact with Richard Murray, he seems to enjoy answering them
  • Options
    I believe that if we somehow win at Rotherham then the powers that be will think we've turned a corner and the squad will be deemed good and strong enough to avoid relegation. I hope im wrong.
  • Options
    I think they do want a couple of players but as we know RD won't spend a penny more than what he is advised they are worth. I think because of this we do have a problem getting our targets "over the line".

It's anybodies guess if something does happen but I think whoever is advising RD is very deluded if he/she thinks we will stay up with what we currently have.

My best guess is that they would prefer to sell Watt before getting those couple of players in. My hope is that getting them in is not dependent on selling Watt or perhaps Lookman.
  • Options
    The decision making at the club thus far has been pretty darn poor, i'm not holding out for the decision making to have suddenly changed, too much pressure on the Rotherham game as we have to win , or we'll be cut adrift, i'm inclined to think the players will be under so much pressure they will choke, this match is argubably our biggest match for years.

Katrien will then blame the fans, saying how they have brought it upon themselves, and so it goes on.
  • Options
    A fan of Johnny Nash, Braydex?
  • Options
    We seem to be papering over the cracks with tissue paper..
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

A fan of Johnny Nash, Braydex?

Before my time i'm guessing?
  • Options
    You would think we were living in a parallel universe such is the incompetence of our owner and CEO.
  • Options
    braydex said:

We've been told the owner and CEO are serious about the club. That they want to push onto the Premier League etc......but this doesn't strike me as a club with any ambition at all, not even the ambition to finish mid-table?

What will happen if we lose to fellow strugglers Rotherham? Will we only then, maybe, dip into the transfer window again? Will 'they' then realise just how close we are to going down to League One?

I just have no idea where this team and/or club go from here? Everything now seems to be hanging on the Rotherham result before the club do anything more. If we win, or scrape a draw, will the team be deemed good enough to stay up? Will the squad be looked upon as being big enough to cope?

Not sure they want to push on into the Premier League - I remember KM, at the web conference, saying something to the effect of it being a bonus if we did get promoted, and then describing how she envisaged people coming to the Valley to see the Premier League players of the future, ie after we had sold them on.

I'm not entirely sure what point I was trying to make when I started this post. Really must cut my alcohol intake.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Carry on drinking, you make perfect sense
  • Options
    Whilst we would all like to think we can avoid relegation this season and at the same time get rid of this owner, I suspect relegation may be the tipping point for him and the price we have to pay as fans to see the back of him.
  • Options

...we do have a problem getting our targets "over the line".

Understatement of the century. The same thing happens every bloody window. If we don't do business early on, the chances of even one mildly exciting signing drops exponentially towards the deadline.
  • Options
    Murray said we were signing 5 players before Riga was appointed. Not counting Tex, as he only came after Riga was appointed, and it was suppose to be his idea, so Murray who were the other 2 players you were getting in, Feeney, I suppose was one. If Watt does not go, do we sell someone else or forget about new signings, even after Williams goes back? Plenty of time I suppose, we have until Monday to be disappointed. Then wait awhile until the emergency loan window opens
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Murray said we were signing 5 players before Riga was appointed. Not counting Tex, as he only came after Riga was appointed, and it was suppose to be his idea, so Murray who were the other 2 players you were getting in, Feeney, I suppose was one. If Watt does not go, do we sell someone else or forget about new signings, even after Williams goes back? Plenty of time I suppose, we have until Monday to be disappointed. Then wait awhile until the emergency loan window opens

.... so that we can sign no one...
  • Options
    I'm sure that our CEO will be saying how hard it is to attract players when you are in the bottom three.

And she'd be right, it is. Who will want to come to us right now? (other than Yann who really wanted to come but she messed that one up).

But that is why you buy players in the summer when the team is doing well and don't, yet again leave it to we are struggling in January.

I'm sure we'll get some more players but in February when the loan window opens and the free agents don't have any other choices.
  • Options
    Bristol City just signed Lee Tomlin on loan. If our relegation rivals can attract players, so should we. That excuse won't work for her. She and RD will never learn.
  • Options
    Given the manager has said we need more, I am surprised we haven't brought a couple in to be ready for the Rotherham game which is incredibly important!
  • Options
    They probably won't break their budget and other teams know we need players, so will up their price. KM & RD only have themselves to blame - if they'd adequately resourced the team last August we wouldn't be in this position.
  • Options

They probably won't break their budget and other teams know we need players, so will up their price. KM & RD only have themselves to blame - if they'd adequately resourced the team last August we wouldn't be in this position.

They admit they've made mistakes.

It's a shame they can't seem to stop repeating them
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Did they admit the mistakes or just a PR stunt, I do not believe RD wrote that statement but was probably written by someone in the club and then OK'd by RD to keep the customers happy.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Did they admit the mistakes or just a PR stunt, I do not believe RD wrote that statement but was probably written by someone in the club and then OK'd by RD to keep the customers happy.
    I believe @Airman Brown stated that it was written by the Premier League Interim Comms person. KM has also said they've made mistakes, but as Henry said, they don't learn from them, so it probably is just PR bollox. What are they going to say? 'This is Roland's strategy, we can see it doesn't work, but he is going to keep doing it anyway and hope something works out'.
  • Options
    Fans know what a relegation season looks like, because they have seen them before. KM and RD haven't a clue - whatever they may know about business, they don't know anything about football.
  • Options
    So from the comments above, I'm assuming most of us think this really is, pretty much it for this season.....maybe an old boy coming in on loan?

Seriously, are we the only club in recent history to have been taken over by a multi millionaire and been relegated?