Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scarves on Statues

On a thread here somewhere, someone suggested putting a scarf on the Henry Irving statue. Well here it is. The scarf looks rather small here, but then Henry does cut a pretty impressive figure.

Henry Irving (1 of 1)

It did make me wonder if a little fun aside in our campaign might be to see how many different statues we could photograph with black and white scarves. Any old statue will do, but with Charlton fans all around the world we could, if we set our minds to it get some famous statues in. I reckon the prize ones would be that kid having a piss in Bruxelles or one of numerous Pinocchio statues worldwide (Ancona, Italy; Borås, Sweden, Cincinnati, Ohio; Milan, Italy; St Louis, Missouri; various Disney parks). If it gets a good response here, I'll set up a Twitter account for people to tweet pictures, if you all think it's a bit naff then I'll say no more about it.

Comments

• Options
    Didn't Fulham start all this with whacko Jacko?

I can see Fulham getting all the credit for this which, in all honesty, could be a blessing in disguise as everyone will be laughing at them and not you :wink:
  • Options
    Good idea :)
  • Options
    Can we use some of the protest fund to land one on the statute of Nelson?
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Jayajosh said:

You should be able to walk up and casually place one on him.

• Options
    Put one on Vas Tev he a statue on the pitch.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Jayajosh said:

You should be able to walk up and casually place one on him.

Typical Millwall, always looking for the violent option ;-)
    I model myself on the early Nelson in that respect :wink:

I'll mellow out with age but I don't intend on doing a stint in the chokey.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    It was my suggestion re. Henry Irving, so thanks for that. I'd envisaged it round his neck, but I had obviously forgotten quite how tall that statue is.
    I'm going to make sure I have my scarf with me in future so that I'm ready for any opportunities that arise.