Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Donate for the BHF

edited January 2016 in General Charlton
Hi everyone
It is that time of year again where I try to give back to the British Heart foundation by raising money for them. Thanks to all of you on here last February my 'mankini' stunt raised over £850!! Which was a fantastic effort from everyone involved.
However not to worry about such a 'stunt' this year, the 'mankini' is safely out of the way....forever!!
This year I'm doing something different, I will be walking 7 miles across 'frogett edge' near the peak district to raise funds.
Now 7 miles may not seem a long way, but just over a year ago I couldn't walk 7 yards, and although I have gone back into AF (heart out of rhythm again) I'm determined to complete this, if possible, in around 2 hours, It is across hilly terrain and Mrs RM and few friends (about 6) will be coming with me, I'll also be taking one of my GSD's and a medically trained colleague (just in case).
If you feel you would like to donate then please go to my Just giving page, I hope the link below works.
I will be doing the walk on Saturday 6th February on the 'Wear it Red' day. Obviously I wont be completing the match thread (v's Bristol City), I hope someone can stand in for me.
Again my heartfelt thanks for any donations made, it really does help to save lives.
Thanks for reading and putting up with my yearly begging.
Kind regards
RedM

https://justgiving.com/Malc-Walden/

Comments

• Options
    I'm in RM. Great work, and very best for the walk and your future health.
  • Options
    I will be donating, well done RM you are an inspiration.
  • Options
    Just donated. Good luck with the walk and keep well.
  • Options
    Done, good luck mate!
  • Options
    Just a picture of where I'll be walking-:
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

I'm in RM.

He was only asking for money, you don't have to go that far!

• Options
    Don't mean to be picky but it's 'Froggatt Edge'
    And here's a pic of my much better half hanging off of that very boulder in the background of the above pic. Sorry for being an anorak, lol.
  • Options
    Donated. Cheers
  • Options

Don't mean to be picky but it's 'Froggatt Edge'
    And here's a pic of my much better half hanging off of that very boulder in the background of the above pic. Sorry for being an anorak, lol.

I can assure everyone, I wont be doing this!!! @The Prince-e-Paul, do you do this sort of 'hanging' around as well?
  • Options
    Just thought I'd bump this up, and donate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2016

Just thought I'd bump this up, and donate.

Thank you @NornIrishAddick

Later today/tomorrow I will be opening a very short auction for a signed and framed Jason Euell Charlton shirt whcih has kindly been donated by a person who works for the club. The auction will close on Sunday 7th February and the wining bidder will be asked to pay the money direct to my BHF Just Giving account.
    Full details and a picture later. I'm just tying up some final details. Please bid as high as you can, there will be a reserve price place on the item (circa £30). This is an extremely generous donation from the person concerned.
  • Options
    Hope you will not mind me giving this one final 'bump'. So far we have raised £420 and it would be good, if possible, to get to £500. The weather for tomorrow is taking a turn for the worse and it appears I'll be walking in heavy rain and strong winds!! Oh well all for a good cause. I'm still going to attempt under 2 hours if possible.....not so sure now I'll do it though!
  • Options
    Done :open_mouth:
  • Options
    Done and worth another bump.

Come on help him get to £500

Good luck Redmidland (Malc)
  • Options
    Made it to £485 now, thanks as ever, you lot are just amazing. I've yet to add in the final bid for the shirt yet, which currently stands at £110. Once again I feel humbled by you all. Thank you!!
  • Options
    Thanks to someone on here, who will remain anonymous, we have just gone over £500, thank you all so much. Someones life will be saved by your generosity.....over and out!! I'll post some pictures on Sunday just to prove I did it.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Thanks everyone nearly £600!!! FANBLOODYTASTIC!!!
  • Options
    Another bump...

Good luck today @Redmidland, hope the weather is ok.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Well done RM, you are a CL legend.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Well done RM, you are a CL legend.

Thanks @Dansk_Red, it was so bloody hard though, but its The BHF that are the heros.
  • Options
    F*** the footy, well done Red.
  • Options
    Next time Red, I'm coming with you. However tough it was, it couldn't have been worse than being at the Valley today!

Well done mate, great achievement.
  • Options
    Well done! You are brilliant!
  • Options
    Great stuff, RM
  • Options
    Just one of the pictures taken yesterday. That's me on the walk about half way round-:

• Options
    edited February 2016
    One more picture, me on far right, (as you look at the pic) Mrs RM 3rd from left and my support team. My GSD Cinna in the front, who I must say had a great time as well.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Final one, this is just after 1 mile or so, already soaked to the skin. The guy with me is a trained walk leader and made sure he was with me all the way round. Thanks again to all who donated I hope your money will save someones life. You are a great bunch of people, Thank you so much!!
  • Options
    Brilliant effort for a great cause
  • Options
    A great and courageous achievement in your state of health M.

It puts the spineless efforts of that shower in SE7 firmly in perspective.