Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***CARD Statement: 27th Jan - Post Blackburn and future protests***

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Dave2l said:

I think the protest needs a bit more structure and leadership in the form of person with tannoy, someone to lead the singing, drum, platform for any speakers, someone to shout out a regular list of things we are protesting about; it needs a bit more for people to follow else they will leave early. The protest needs to be something people look forward to rather than do reluctantly. Any attempt at moving towards this will get better results.

Jim Davidson could be given a platform and tell jokes about the regime. :-)
    I remember he hosted a back to the valley dinner people said he was entertaining and funny.
    He was funny at the 2013 event (I think) I went to - but he does push the accents and racial stereotypes
  • Options
    I would like to arrange for all the children present at the protest to have a shoot out towards the barriers with them all striking 'Roland out' logoed footballs.
  • Options
    How much would a Roland out banner cost to fly continuously over the valley during a game?
  • Options

How much would a Roland out banner cost to fly continuously over the valley during a game?

Can't. City airport too near.
  • Options
    What about using drones? My son got one that goes straight up and down (no lateral movement) in his stocking from my mum for about £5. We could hang 'it's football, not just a business' banners that from 100s of them and get them up in the air just before kick off...
  • Options

Can't. City airport too near.
    Oooo i like that one
  • Options

What about using drones? My son got one that goes straight up and down (no lateral movement) in his stocking from my mum for about £5. We could hang 'it's football, not just a business' banners that from 100s of them and get them up in the air just before kick off...

100's of drones crashing into each other above a packed crowd might not be the greatest idea.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm thinking there may be some more ammunition courtesy of a certain ex-manager on TalkSPORT tonight. I'm not sure whether quotes would work on a banner, but there must be a way to capture his words and spread them.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

I'm thinking there may be some more ammunition courtesy of a certain ex-manager on TalkSPORT tonight. I'm not sure whether quotes would work on a banner, but there must be a way to capture his words and spread them.

Great idea, LR .

SCP is surely yet another catalyst towards uniting the fans against the regime.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    once we are relegated then i would honestly think that is the time to start heavily disrupting home games, items on the pitch (sprouts, tennis balls etc) pitch invasions, sit ins etc, we would be relegated anyway so points deductions wouldn't matter, would be fines.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

once we are relegated then i would honestly think that is the time to start heavily disrupting home games, items on the pitch (sprouts, tennis balls etc) pitch invasions, sit ins etc, we would be relegated anyway so points deductions wouldn't matter, would be fines.

It will be a case of " forget the team, fook the regime."
  • Options

It will be a case of " forget the team, fook the regime."
    THIS
  • Options
    The way the fanbase has been mobilised is really quite something, and I certainly hope that after this awful business is over that the same people can be motivated to take part in something more positive.

My slight worry is that some are becoming more focussed on the protests than the game itself. The atmosphere felt flat towards the end of the Blackburn game and I was expecting the announcement of 6 minutes injury time to provoke a more passionate response. Especially as I felt the game was there of the taking with a bit of motivation.

The best way to hurt Roland and highlight the flaws in his business plan is to avoid relegation. He is failing in the Championship, but League One offers him a better opportunity to impose his ideology and avoiding that has to be a main aim for CARD as much as the protests.
  • Options
    yes to Jim Davidson---get your hatred of Torys under control !!"

yes to more in your face protest

yes to defending people with banners

yes tp fronting stewards
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I mentioned this on another thread - but thought it was worth repeating here. Instead of un-printed black and white scarfs that might actually be confusing to some fans - not everyone uses social media or knows what's actually going on and why the scarves (as evidenced by the slow up in people signing the petition after the initial flurry). Why not get cheap white T-Shirts printed up with the "Roland Out" message or "We want our Charlton back". These can be worn under coats and act like banners that they can't remove when people stand up. More visually striking and I'm sure will work out around the same price as the scarves - will have another bonus of stopping people buying merchandise.
  • Options

Can something large be hung from the tower block behind jimmy seed stand?

I agree that this would be an effective spot to hang a huge banner / flag.

Does anyone know any CAFC fans living in the tower block?
  • Options
    Can't wait for the Reading match (football for a fiver). It's gonna be the mother of all protests, I reckon
  • Options

I agree that this would be an effective spot to hang a huge banner / flag.

Does anyone know any CAFC fans living in the tower block?
    I do not think they need to be a CAFC fan, I am sure if we put a few quid in their pocket or drop a crate of beer off they will happily let us display it, especially if it is a regular feature.
  • Options

I don't know how large he is but could we hang Roland the rat from it
  • Options
    The boycott of buying any extras, must continue until they go.

But we really need to up the anti. There is no way they will sell up until we make their lives unbearable and I'm talking about senior management, not the other staff, who have my sympathy.
  • Options
    Away sides will help, make sure, CARD, you contact their fans to ask if they'd like to help in any way possible. Football fans unite with this sort of thing, we are a liked Club.

Even if it's protesting with us for 10 minutes before a match, holding a banner for us or similar.
  • Options
    Where can I download a high-res version of the CARD logo?