Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RBS 6 Nations Winners?

Comments

• Options

@Algarveaddick do you have an issue with me or are you an employee of sky as you seem to have taken it very personally that i've made a comment about sky moving fixtures to suit television audiences, i commented saying its good that there on at advanced publicised times and on terrestrial tv, and for some reason you have decided to have a pop at me over it, anyway if it makes you happy then fair play.

No not at all, it's a discussion forum and I considered that what you said was actually incorrect. I carefully chose the word "most" but you chose to ignore that and come back at me with just one example that fitted in to the "but not all" category (even though you were around 50% away from your "15 days" in the example you gave, I consider 50% out to be a massive margin - ask any builder :wink: ) , and you completely ignored the part of my post about what you consider "proper times and dates" not actually being great for football fans who also like to watch the rugby. I was merely standing my ground, as it were.
  • Options

@Algarveaddick do you have an issue with me or are you an employee of sky as you seem to have taken it very personally that i've made a comment about sky moving fixtures to suit television audiences, i commented saying its good that there on at advanced publicised times and on terrestrial tv, and for some reason you have decided to have a pop at me over it, anyway if it makes you happy then fair play.

No not at all, it's a discussion forum and I considered that what you said was actually incorrect. I carefully chose the word "most" but you chose to ignore that and come back at me with just one example that fitted in to the "but not all" category (even though you were around 50% away from your "15 days" in the example you gave, I consider 50% out to be a massive margin - ask any builder :wink: ) , and you completely ignored the part of my post about what you consider "proper times and dates" not actually being great for football fans who also like to watch the rugby. I was merely standing my ground, as it were.
    your right it is a discussion forum,crossed wires that all apologies, and not a builder but a plumber so my margins are probably higher! ha
  • Options
    edited January 2016

thats what i love about the rugby they consider the fans sitting at home watching, six nations tickets are so hard to get, i tried getting through club membership but had nothing, had a quick scout on via go go this morning a pair of tickets to eng vs ire in okay seats at twickenham £573.00 each plus booking fee.

Doesn't sky take a shed load of criticism for considering fans sitting at home by televising so many games?
    the six nations is done at proper times and dates and times are usually announced a few months in advance sky/bt tell fans 15 days before, bit of a difference. if you know something is going to be on at a certain time and date 6 months in advance no issue as you can book hotel and flights to suit. changing plans less than 3 weeks before is a major ballache, in addition six nations is a national thing so everyone wants to see there team, and thats why its fair because everyone from the six nations gets to see there team on tv.
    There's also the fact that there is 15 games to fit in not 100-1000's (if counting the different leagues) surely if you comparing a schedule of the six nations you should compare it with a European championship or world cup they also give you the fixtures in 6 not with a league structure. If they were all done in advance then you'd have people complaining about Leicester hardly featuring on tele even when there having a season like they are.
    was just a comment that its good for me to watch at home.
    Yes but then you compared it to football games getting moved which I replied to, from a personal point of view, I'd prefer the Rugby games played on a Friday, saturday and sunday evening due to attending/watching other football matches but then the BBC/ITV have there reasons not to put them on at them times.
  • Options
    England
  • Options
    Too soon for England given the transition they're in. Ireland would be my pick.
  • Options
    Can see why Hartley has been made captain. However as has been said, George should probably starting as hooker. Not a fan of Youngs.
  • Options
    What about the new guy from Wasps? black guy, cant think of his name , Ojo?
  • Options
    Haskell at openside apparently.

Hmmm.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    England:
    Mike Brown;
    Anthony Watson, Jonathan Joseph, Owen Farrell, Jack Nowell;
    George Ford, Danny Care;
    Joe Marler, Dylan Hartley (captain), Dan Cole, Joe Launchbury, George Kruis, Chris Robshaw, James Haskell, Billy Vunipola.

Replacements:
    Jamie George, Mako Vunipola, Paul Hill, Courtney Lawes, Jack Clifford, Ben Youngs, Alex Goode, Ollie Devoto.
  • Options
    Glad Ford is in, though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The World Cup was a real eye opener in terms of the quality of the 6 nations. England and France badly underperformed, Wales had terrible injury luck, Italy were poor as expected, Ireland were stuffed by Argentina while Scotland after flukily getting through their group (playing Japan 4 days after Japan beat S Africa) produced one of their best performances for years against Australia!
  • Options
    Wasn't there rumour of promotion and relegation at some point? Would quite fancy seeing some different teams for a change. Georgia would be good to watch for example.
  • Options
    Haskell at 7 and Farrell at 12 are steps backwards IMO
    Haskell more so, he's no 7
  • Options

Wasn't there rumour of promotion and relegation at some point? Would quite fancy seeing some different teams for a change. Georgia would be good to watch for example.

The idea I think was to add Georgia and Romania and have 2 four team groups, a lower and higher group. The winner of the lower group and the loser of the upper group would swap places each year. It has met opposition though because the top 4 teams don't want to travel to Georgia or Romania.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

The idea I think was to add Georgia and Romania and have 2 four team groups, a lower and higher group. The winner of the lower group and the loser of the upper group would swap places each year. It has met opposition though because the top 4 teams don't want to travel to Georgia or Romania.
    I think the whole structure of the 6 nations is decent, playing 5 different teams would be better than playing 3 twice. As a more casual Rugby supporter I'd also be more interested in watching Scotland (using them as they are ususally 5-6th placed team) play with them being a home nation than I would either Georgia or Romania.
  • Options
    Be interesting to see if Jones can get a performance from the same players who were essentially headless under Lancaster .. not too sure about Farrell in the centre .. he must be there for his goal kicking as Ford is much less reliable .. we will see .. the back row swap ? .. is Haskell an improvement at open side ? .. at least ex skipper Robshaw is in the right groove at 6 .. nice to see the eccentric Care at scrum half .. I like Youngs but Care has the potential to do the very unusual and successful
  • Options
    Agreed on Care - brave decision but a good one.
  • Options
    All 4 British teams managed by Antips this time.

I can't see England doing a lot but the fixtures have fallen nicely for us.
  • Options
    Scotland have the makings of a half decent team for the first time in a generation. I still hope we stuff then though not least because my boss is Scottish.

He's arranged to be away from the office on Monday.
  • Options
    England
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Always nice to beat the sweaty socks.
  • Options
    England champions 2016.

Can't believe Joubert is still an international ref after his World Cup bottle job. Bottled major decisions yesterday as well. Clown.
  • Options
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

England champions 2016.

Can't believe Joubert is still an international ref after his World Cup bottle job. Bottled major decisions yesterday as well. Clown.

How could he give a penalty for that obvious eye gouge but not card the cheating Taff ?

He's been cited now.
  • Options
    I underestimated the affect that so many injuries had on the Irish squad, let alone the loss of O'Connell. The fixture schedule wasn't as kind this year for them and they were hit hard from the off. Hadn't realised til the start of this tournament that no team had won three in a row.

Congratulations to England. Deserved winners and an entertaining game against the Welsh on Saturday. Like their game with us, the Welsh have been very slow starters...England just had too much of a lead for them to make up this time.
  • Options
    I think the overall standard has been pretty poor. The 6 six nations just highlights the gulf between north and south hemisphere rugby. It has been entertaining all the same and england have some exciting young players.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    ChiAddick said:

I think the overall standard has been pretty poor. The 6 six nations just highlights the gulf between north and south hemisphere rugby. It has been entertaining all the same and england have some exciting young players.

What a difference though after 4 games under Jones. Compare that to dross we saw more often than not from Lancasters teams.

If he is still about for the next World Cup, Jones will at least have us competing. Still only 4 games in, but it looks good.
  • Options

ChiAddick said:

What a difference though after 4 games under Jones. Compare that to dross we saw more often than not from Lancasters teams.

If he is still about for the next World Cup, Jones will at least have us competing. Still only 4 games in, but it looks good.
    So fast from the off - very aggressive.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

ChiAddick said:

So fast from the off - very aggressive.
    Definitely. Really impressed with the way that were out of the blocks on Saturday. Should have had more points on the board by H/T.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

ChiAddick said:

Agree. Very promising. Still don't rate Ben Youngs though.