Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season Tickets

2»

Comments

• Options
    Giving up Season Ticket, will pick and choose away games potentially to aid 'doing the 92'. Love new grounds, although not so looking forward to League One ones...
  • Options

How about we quantify it by asking a large sample of people? Oh, that's what we did in last week's CAS Trust survey. Results suggest 6k to 7k are not likely to renew, so that would leave only 3k to 4k (and that's without taking relegation into account).

Results here: castrust.org/2016/01/castrust-january-2016-survey-results/

Staggering stats - thanks

Staggering and very worrying.

Tide turned so quickly, will not turn back me thinks.....

There is real trouble ahead.

#iwantmycharltonback

• Options
    BR3red said:

How about we quantify it by asking a large sample of people? Oh, that's what we did in last week's CAS Trust survey. Results suggest 6k to 7k are not likely to renew, so that would leave only 3k to 4k (and that's without taking relegation into account).

#iwantmycharltonback

I would agree, except it is unlikely the we can extrapolate 6k to 7k (I'd like to be able to show more) drop. Unfortunately, those least concerned with the current mismanagement of the club are least likely to actually engage in the survey...
    While not quite a prawn sandwich brigade (more Shipham's paste), the "we're lucky to have Roland" crowd are likely to see CAST and all its works as dangerously subversive.
  • Options
    I will not be renewing come what may. They do not get another penny off of me after this season. I've been going for 51 years and it breaks my heart to make this choice but c'est la vie. They're slowly killing this great club.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Posted this earlier on the Tony Watt thread. Probably more appropriate here...

He was indeed and they certainly seemed on good terms. I thought it was a Scottish thing, but now this.

I think that's me done. I've been going since da took me down when I was 4, over 40 years ago. Had a season ticket since I could afford it at Selhurst and a 10 year and then 5 year VIP since we came back, until Roland didn't need my cash up front. A season ticket holder since then.

No more. Have seen the third division many times over the years. Doesn't bother me, but the way we are going there now does.

Will go to a few more away games next year to support MY team, but won't give THEM money any more.

Good luck Tony...wish we'd had something worth staying for.

Went with friends at 10 but otherwise your tale is almost identical to mine. Like you, it will be away games only if RD's still here.
  • Options
    I have to be honest right now I think I'll renew regardless of division.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Posted this earlier on the Tony Watt thread. Probably more appropriate here...

He was indeed and they certainly seemed on good terms. I thought it was a Scottish thing, but now this.

I think that's me done. I've been going since da took me down when I was 4, over 40 years ago. Had a season ticket since I could afford it at Selhurst and a 10 year and then 5 year VIP since we came back, until Roland didn't need my cash up front. A season ticket holder since then.

No more. Have seen the third division many times over the years. Doesn't bother me, but the way we are going there now does.

Will go to a few more away games next year to support MY team, but won't give THEM money any more.

Good luck Tony...wish we'd had something worth staying for.

@TelMc32 having been a season ticket holder since Sellout park and a shareholder and up until this season sitting next to you for over 30years, I would have moved over to the West with you and your Da ( Just didn't to give them more money) I look forward to the murphifa away games next season.
  • Options
    will not be renewing at present, I will still go but just want to make a statement and not commit 300 odd to these scum bags.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

BR3red said:

#iwantmycharltonback

I would agree, except it is unlikely the we can extrapolate 6k to 7k (I'd like to be able to show more) drop. Unfortunately, those least concerned with the current mismanagement of the club are least likely to actually engage in the survey...
    While not quite a prawn sandwich brigade (more Shipham's paste), the "we're lucky to have Roland" crowd are likely to see CAST and all its works as dangerously subversive.
    We conducted F2F interviews at Blackburn match -it was not just online. I tried to make sure I approached people not wearing B&W scarves or RD out stickers, though difficult as vast majority were.

68% of those are not likely to renew, compared with 71% of online respondents.

It's about as robust as we can get without co-operation from the club using the ST database.
  • Options
    I haven't posted for quite a while but this thread has really set me thinking. I've been a season ticket holder for getting on for 30 years but can honestly say I have never felt so disconnected with the club as I do now. Went to Selhurst and Upton Park, was part of the small army that helped bring the Valley back to life that Sunday morning and have seen plenty of ups and downs and basically have just got on with it but the 'renew or not to renew' question is a real dilemma for me now.

I go with my closest mate - until the end of last season, there were three of us but our other mate didn't renew for this season and decided to attend on an 'as and when' basis. He's been to three games this season and I doubt if he'll be back anytime soon. Like many of you, part and parcel of the day is having a beer or three with my mate before the game and usually a couple afterwards and if I give up, I shall miss this more than anything.

If I don't renew, I will feel guilty at leaving my mate to go to matches on his own (assuming he renews, which I suspect he will). I've been more than patient with the current ownership but in recent months have come around to the fact that things aren't going to get any better - in fact they will probably get a lot worse - until such time as they go. My mate is perhaps more patient than me - after all he was supporting the club in 1985 when they went bust, so perhaps this is all a walk in the park in comparison. But for me, I shall see how the land lies in the spring - after all, there isn't exactly going to be a clamour for season tickets - and decide what to do then. Henry has a good point about not allowing ourselves to be driven away but the way things stand now, I can't see me renewing.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

I've had a season ticket since pre Selhurst days, had the same seat in the East Stand since the day it opened. I won't be renewing.

Respect @LargeAddick . A strong statement you're making there.
  • Options
    I've been a season ticket holder for nearly 35 years but would be prepared to consider not renewing if that form of protest was advocated by CARD and it had traction with the majority of our 10,000 or so season ticket holders. That may well be the case looking at the latest Trust survey and what people have been saying on CL, although when push comes to shove, I suspect that quite a few supporters will ultimately renew. KM will be desperately hoping that they do so, as - leaving aside the toxic atmosphere at the club - League 1 is certainly not going to attract 'new customers', no matter how cheap the tickets are priced.

Not renewing is step I'd take with a very heavy heart and, practically speaking, it would be a real fag having to buy tickets for individual games. Such a boycott is, however, a significant weapon in our armoury and, whilst it's a matter for individual supporters, I think we probably need to take a longer term view. A major reduction in season ticket sales would also facilitate full match boycotts, as, first, supporters wouldn't have already paid for their seats and, secondly, the club couldn't include existing season ticket holders in the official 'attendance'. Although Roland could ride that out financially, I would not underestimate the reputational impact on him and his regime of a game or games being played in front of a couple of thousand at the Valley. Indeed, it would represent a stark factual and visual representation of his abysmal failure at CAFC.

If we are cut adrift over the next month and the team's position becomes hopeless, we may even see an organised boycott before the end of this season.

It's all very sad, although at least supporter energies are now being channelled into trying to get Duchâtelet out. Whatever glib statements the club may make, I think it is highly likely that KM and her boss are feeling a degree of heat and that is only now likely to increase.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Stone said:

I've had a season ticket since pre Selhurst days, had the same seat in the East Stand since the day it opened. I won't be renewing.

Respect @LargeAddick . A strong statement you're making there.
    Just about to say the same myself. I don't know you Large, but obviously pick up on what you say on here. I'm sure it's taken a lot for you to decide this. Fair play mate.
  • Options
    No one renew and try to go to more away games.
    That way we are supporting the players and giving the owners nothing!
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

How many do people think we will sell next season?

If the Royal Mail lose both of them it, there will be hell to pay! ;)
  • Options
    I understand the message not renewing season tickets sends but, surely, Roland benefits over the length of a season if I end up paying more at the gate if I continue to 'support the team' ......... Or are people also suggesting that we drop our attendances to around 5,000 - like the bad old days in Division 2?

I still intend to go to all matches so I will be renewing my season ticket to minimise the annual cost of supporting the team - and reducing the total I pay Roland. Am I wrong?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sadly i don't think RD will give a flying over how many renew. What did we have this season? 10k at say an average ticket price of say £350 is 3.5m. He could recoup that by selling Lookman.
  • Options
    Warning: if attendances drop to abysmal levels, we fall into Roland's 'trap' of no longer needing the 27,000 capacity Valley - enabling him to sell the asset and cover his losses. Don't you people see that his 'strategy' is to liquidate assets where possible - this is the only plausible reason why he would retain an interest in a loss-making foreign, failing football team. Wake up people.
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:

Warning: if attendances drop to abysmal levels, we fall into Roland's 'trap' of no longer needing the 27,000 capacity Valley - enabling him to sell the asset and cover his losses. Don't you people see that his 'strategy' is to liquidate assets where possible - this is the only plausible reason why he would retain an interest in a loss-making foreign, failing football team. Wake up people.

you can't build on The Valley, it's designated green space. So who will buy it?
  • Options
    Is Roland in good health?
  • Options

meldrew66 said:

you can't build on The Valley, it's designated green space. So who will buy it?
    Money talks
  • Options
    I've just turned 30, my first season ticket was over 20 years ago and under this ownership, I don't see renewing as an option.

This club is unrecognisable at the moment, reading the Watt story on the OST, what a load of crap, it reads like a wikipedia entry on his career.

The owners are treating us with a disgusting amount of contempt. If we collectively boycott, RD might not give a toss financially, but he won't be laughing at us.

I don't mean pick and choose my home games, that man will not get another penny from me. Hoping CARD think up a mid-game protests to give me a reason to turn up to the remainder of the season.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

How many did we sell this season?

How many do people think we will sell next season? If in champ (haha) and league one?

Will be the first time in a long time I could afford to get to the matches and have the time to do so, but I wont will this bunch of jokers in charge.

I understand the figure at the time of the November fans' meeting was 10,200.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I have to be honest right now I think I'll renew regardless of division.

Me too, I like my seat and I like watching football - but like last summer I will think about the options. I think I responded to the survey and answered I'd renew so the figures include me.
  • Options
    Tom_Hovi said:

I haven't posted for quite a while but this thread has really set me thinking. I've been a season ticket holder for getting on for 30 years but can honestly say I have never felt so disconnected with the club as I do now. Went to Selhurst and Upton Park, was part of the small army that helped bring the Valley back to life that Sunday morning and have seen plenty of ups and downs and basically have just got on with it but the 'renew or not to renew' question is a real dilemma for me now.

I go with my closest mate - until the end of last season, there were three of us but our other mate didn't renew for this season and decided to attend on an 'as and when' basis. He's been to three games this season and I doubt if he'll be back anytime soon. Like many of you, part and parcel of the day is having a beer or three with my mate before the game and usually a couple afterwards and if I give up, I shall miss this more than anything.

If I don't renew, I will feel guilty at leaving my mate to go to matches on his own (assuming he renews, which I suspect he will). I've been more than patient with the current ownership but in recent months have come around to the fact that things aren't going to get any better - in fact they will probably get a lot worse - until such time as they go. My mate is perhaps more patient than me - after all he was supporting the club in 1985 when they went bust, so perhaps this is all a walk in the park in comparison. But for me, I shall see how the land lies in the spring - after all, there isn't exactly going to be a clamour for season tickets - and decide what to do then. Henry has a good point about not allowing ourselves to be driven away but the way things stand now, I can't see me renewing.

Why is no-one listening to this and all those like it - heartfelt and indicative.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    The advance season ticket money helps to fund the club during the summer when there is very little other income to pay staff wages etc. (Must have been in the region of £1.6M based on 8000 season tickets being sold). So even if you are thinking of renewing leave it as late as possible.