Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Katrien's Crazy Contradictions game!

edited January 2016 in General Charlton
Here's a game; get a Katrien Meire quote and find a direct contradiction.

Katrien Meire on "Premier League Ambitions"

Katrien said.... "Our strategy is based on being a stable Championship club which can fight for the Premier League."

The League Rankings say...

Katrien Meire on "Management Styles"

Katrien said... "It is a bit out of reality, the Chris Powell quote, the manager picks the players. [...] I can assure you that is not the case that the owners or anyone else interferes."

Chris Powell says...

Katrien Meire on "Negative Fans"

Katrien said... "I want Charlton fans to stand up against the negative people and don’t give them a platform. It was unacceptable." and "We have a partnership with Greenwich University, so we will get students in from the Ipswich game onwards."

Charlton fans said...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUvVu8vxUmA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcpKZ09n9NY

Comments

• LuckyReds said:

A club CEO whose answer to protest from the fans is "to get students in [from here] onwards" is staggering.

Logically, she should get Belgians in from here onwards. The rest of the club is infested. Why should the terraces get away scott free?
  • edited January 2016

Katrien on Luzon.

Luzon could be our next Sir Alex Ferguson.

Contradiction explanation not required.

------------------
    Katrien on managerial decisions
    Every managerial appointment has been a success.

• You have to assume she means to give comp tickets to students to fill the empty spaces.
    You have to doubt whether the 'seeing eye' dog they each bring with them will be allowed in as well, they certainly won't want to come again if they have to watch!
  • Can we include Murray in the game?

RM: “The obvious strand missing has been the I number of experienced Championship players. The first time we have been able to address this is the January transfer window.

...sign Williams that hasn't played for about 2 years, Teixeira from Belgium and chase after 17 year old Reece Oxford.
  • There was a "said and done" list created by Matt Wright in VOTV.

Sure I posted it on here.
  • There was a "said and done" list created by Matt Wright in VOTV.

Sure I posted it on here.

That's very lazy of you HI. Telling us you've posted something but leaving it up to us to trawl through the annals of CL
  • Sponsored links:

• Katrien on Luzon.

------------------

Sorry but she was right on the Luzon/Ferguson issue - they're both currently unemployed...................
  • Katrien says they need to communicate with us as we are important to the club.

Katrien says we are just customers.

• Katrien on Luzon.

------------------

Sorry but she was right on the Luzon/Ferguson issue - they're both currently unemployed...................
    I think Fergie is retired rather than unemployed.
  • Courtesy of @stonemuse in the Fans Forum thread.
    stonemuse said:

MrLargo said:

With the exception of Jose Riga’s departure in the summer of 2014, the on-pitch performances of our head coaches have been below expectations.

Yet a few weeks ago, KM was saying that they have all been beneficial ... pitiful, she is contradicting herself yet again
  • It's a media exercise where we are just incidental. She speaks over us and about us, so her comments come across as reasonable and well argued. Mostly, the media don't look back at earlier comments, so she now says the coaches have let the club down and eventually that's what people remember. Cut little Katrien being targeted by yobs and let down by managers when all she wants to be is a successful woman in a man's world.

Pass the bloody bucket.
  • mogodon said:

It's a media exercise where we are just incidental. She speaks over us and about us, so her comments come across as reasonable and well argued. Mostly, the media don't look back at earlier comments, so she now says the coaches have let the club down and eventually that's what people remember. Cut little Katrien being targeted by yobs and let down by managers when all she wants to be is a successful woman in a man's world.

Pass the bloody bucket.

Rather depressingly, I agree. She's an expert at playing the media after all.

I think this is the reason it's important that we get an easily digestible compilation of her bullshit. With the media interest seemingly growing, it would be a very decent resource for countering any of her propaganda whilst also giving interested journalists a resource to find humorous soundbites to use.
  • LuckyReds said:

mogodon said:

It's a media exercise where we are just incidental. She speaks over us and about us, so her comments come across as reasonable and well argued. Mostly, the media don't look back at earlier comments, so she now says the coaches have let the club down and eventually that's what people remember. Cut little Katrien being targeted by yobs and let down by managers when all she wants to be is a successful woman in a man's world.

Pass the bloody bucket.

Rather depressingly, I agree. She's an expert at playing the media after all.

I think this is the reason it's important that we get an easily digestible compilation of her bullshit. With the media interest seemingly growing, it would be a very decent resource for countering any of her propaganda whilst also giving interested journalists a resource to find humorous soundbites to use.
    Great idea Sir / Madam

• I don't think a lot of journalists are that thick to be honest and would see through her bullshit in 10 seconds. I once had the pleasure of chatting to Henry Winter from The Telegraph, who is a Football man to his bones, I can say given the opportunity he would pull her to bits without any problem. Nobody is fooled by her they look at it all with a combination of amusement and disbelief I would say.