Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Club is NOT for sale.

Comments

• Options
    "We need this whole thing to fail. And fail badly for them to budge."

Your premise could be wrong Carly burn.

If we have a couple of relegation with 1500 pound a week the top wage,
    and we were down to 7000 crowds he could then prove we could break even and sell the odd young player to a championship club for a million
    or so with add ons.
    The big game would be the League 2 clash of
    CAFC V CAFC. With Charlton and Crewe having 9 academy players each with a couple of journey men to make up the number.
  • Options

DOUCHER said:

lets pull our heads out of our arses for one minute shall we? rd and km are not evil robots - yes they have proceeded to make some utterly ludicrous mistakes but the investment in the academy will b a massive plus and maybe an investment that a more popularist - here for the immediate glory - owner would not have taken - if they let riga get on with things now and allow him to control the football side of things then i am willing to go with it - in 5 years time our best academy talent will not b poached and we may just become a force again - however odd things seem now, if we stay up, i think we may just have a bright future - however unpopular that might sound - btw - i contributed to the protest fund and will not renew season ticket until i see a change in approach to the 1st team but i do not believe the current regime r trying to destroy us - do u? really?

Yes I do.

If they continue with this ineptitude then what else are we supposed to think?

They do not learn or have no intention of learning from their bloody awful mistakes.

It's inexcusable.
    i think u will find they have learnt and as results improve they will look to try and make amends but realise that whatever they say now will b rejected - i hope we win 5 on the bounce and can look back on this episode as a lesson well learnt - for them - i would love to see varney, curbs etc back but where were they 2 years ago when we were about to go bust and are they a viable alternative now? who knows?i just hope we can get winning again and take stock in the summer as a championship side
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

lets pull our heads out of our arses for one minute shall we? rd and km are not evil robots - yes they have proceeded to make some utterly ludicrous mistakes but the investment in the academy will b a massive plus and maybe an investment that a more popularist - here for the immediate glory - owner would not have taken - if they let riga get on with things now and allow him to control the football side of things then i am willing to go with it - in 5 years time our best academy talent will not b poached and we may just become a force again - however odd things seem now, if we stay up, i think we may just have a bright future - however unpopular that might sound - btw - i contributed to the protest fund and will not renew season ticket until i see a change in approach to the 1st team but i do not believe the current regime r trying to destroy us - do u? really?

Yes I do.

They do not learn or have no intention of learning from their bloody awful mistakes.

It's inexcusable.
    i think u will find they have learnt and as results improve they will look to try and make amends but realise that whatever they say now will b rejected - i hope we win 5 on the bounce and can look back on this episode as a lesson well learnt - for them - i would love to see varney, curbs etc back but where were they 2 years ago when we were about to go bust and are they a viable alternative now? who knows?i just hope we can get winning again and take stock in the summer as a championship side
    You got some hope mate!! all from one result too.. Varney, 2 years ago!? Taking care of his own business i expect.. Are you just on a wind up?
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Yes I do.

It's inexcusable.
    Learned how?
  • Options

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Yes I do.

It's inexcusable.
    You got some hope mate!! all from one result too.. Varney, 2 years ago!? Taking care of his own business i expect.. Are you just on a wind up?
    no wind up - is there a credible alternative to the current regime? does anybody on this board know for sure?
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Yes I do.

It's inexcusable.
    no wind up - is there a credible alternative to the current regime? does anybody on this board know for sure?
    Are you happy with the way things are DOUCHER?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafc999 said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Yes I do.

It's inexcusable.
    Are you happy with the way things are DOUCHER?
    of course not but that isn't the point
  • Options
    kentred2 said:

One good result and Miere and her trolls think things are on the up. Football success is not their aim. He said it. She said it. Their actions show it. They must go.

they don't want success? i think u have misinterpreted things
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

kentred2 said:

One good result and Miere and her trolls think things are on the up. Football success is not their aim. He said it. She said it. Their actions show it. They must go.

Lol Cruella says that doesn't she Mme Doucher.
  • Options

DOUCHER said:

Yes I do.

It's inexcusable.
    And with RD quoted as saying he doesn't care about results/winning, and his penchant at his other Clubs of selling off their best players to" balance the books", where are we likely to find ourselves in 5 years time ?

Unless we are a Club in either the Prem or Championship, will parents be keen for their talented young 'uns to come to our Academy ?

Plus, if said youngsters do come & graduate into the first team so they can be showcased for the "bigger " Clubs, they'll be sold for profit in the drop of a hat. I can't see RD investing that cash into players to strengthen the team we watch each week....

Is that the kind of football club you want Charlton Athletic to be in the future ?

Maybe I'm being OTT and this is the worst case scenario but I don't believe anything we're told by the regime.

Too much spin & too many half truths( I'm being generous here) have created this culture of mistrust.

Has he said they about Charlton explicitly?
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

DOUCHER said:

If ...if ... maybe ...if ...until ...

The protests continue
    point taken and agreed with and that is why i will not be renewing - after 35 yrs unbroken service - my season ticket, until i have seen what happens between now and august - and what the real alternatives to rd are
  • Options
    kentred2 said:

DOUCHER said:

kentred2 said:

im afraid u r a bit dim
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

stonemuse said:

DOUCHER said:

The protests continue
    point taken and agreed with and that is why i will not be renewing - after 35 yrs unbroken service - my season ticket, until i have seen what happens between now and august - and what the real alternatives to rd are
    Good for you
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

kentred2 said:

DOUCHER said:

kentred2 said:

im afraid u r a bit dim
    Ok ta 4 that u r v x i c
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah I don't want to go back to league one either. Crap football small crowds and far too many northern games!
  • Options
    kentred2 said:

DOUCHER said:

kentred2 said:

DOUCHER said:

kentred2 said:

im afraid u r a bit dim
    Ok ta 4 that u r v x i c
    u win - i didn't learn latin at school

• Options
    DOUCHER said:

stonemuse said:

DOUCHER said:

The protests continue
    You're going to be disapointed, then, as no prospective buyer is really going to show their hand in advance. RD appeared to be very promising and look how that is turning out !
  • Options
    Yawn
  • Options
    rikofold said:

DOUCHER said:

Yes I do.

It's inexcusable.
    They're not trying to destroy us, but some of the policy and decision making are breathtakingly naive and incompetent.

I have always said that Roland behaving well would be an asset, but it needs to be a sea change now. The one ray of light was his bending to KM/RM over the Serb. Riga might be one of his, but he's also his own man - and if he succeeds again it might finally persuade him.

RD will only ever get his money back in the Premier League, so presuming he doesn't want to lose a shed load of money you'd hope that would be on his plan somewhere down the line.
    I think the Dublin conference from Meire puts the Premier League ambition into perspective. I am surprised that you are even raising that as some realistic option after all that has happened.
  • Options
    Hex said:

DOUCHER said:

stonemuse said:

DOUCHER said:

The protests continue
    You're going to be disapointed, then, as no prospective buyer is really going to show their hand in advance. RD appeared to be very promising and look how that is turning out !
    r u an expert on football club deals? i've seen loads where the buyer publicises the fact he wants to buy
  • Options

DOUCHER said:

kentred2 said:

Duchatelet clearly stated that he is not bothered whether Charlton win games or not.

How much clearer can he make it, that he does not care about football success ?
    Thanks, CE.

I'd already run out of steam....

• Options
    Roland is experimenting with the wrong club. He would have been better off with Milton Keynes Dons or something like that. We have a proud history and aspire to be contenders, even though more often than not we flirt with relegation. An awful lot of fans are not going to renew our season tickets next season as part of the ongoing protest about being cast as a 'break even at all costs club.'