Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Derby v Man U

Cracking goal from Rooney.

Say what you like about Man U, they have cracking vocal away support

Comments

• I detest, I mean really detest them. But they've always had top notch away support. Just makes me hate them even more. Grrrrr.
  • starting to get on my nerves a bit though. at least change the chant every now and then.
  • edited January 2016
    I've always dreamed of being in a midweek away support like. Thousands strong, virtually everyone up singing. Off top of my head, nearest was probably Boro away in the cup
  • It's bizarre how Derby have split their vocal support into two sections with a big chunk of Mancs in the middle. I suppose someone had the smart idea of putting Derby fans behind both goals. When we were there earlier in the season both areas joined in the same song. The Mancs are drowning out both sections.
  • Yep or the obvious trips to Palace.
  • derby haven't got much to sing about at the moment
  • derby haven't got much to sing about at the moment

err...
  • edited January 2016
    that's the defensive holding midfielder making a run beyond the CF!
  • Switched from BBC to another because the commentary annoyed me.

Then heard the line "Some cool play by Chris Martin"

So I'm back to the Beeb
  • Cracking goal from Rooney.

Say what you like about Man U, they have cracking vocal away support

So would we if we had 60+ years of glory and global exposure! ;-)

This will be eclipsed at Rotherham tomorrow mate.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2016
    WTF is Robbie Savage wearing on his feet?
  • Fulham in the cup, many Millwall and Palace games and many more have been as good as the Surrey Mancs on many occasions.
  • WTF is Robbie Savage wearing on his feet?

Fulham in the cup, many Millwall and Palace games and many more

I read the second post as an answer to the first.
  • We've never had the range of songs that they have (why are they now singing about Ronaldo ?!) and only occasionally have had the non stop singing. They have it each week despite how the team plays and average 8K applications for away league games. As for the glory remark, in the second division they still were the best supported club in the country with 5 figure away support.

How many have they been given for this? 5K?
  • Nice to hear the crowd in full voice singing....

You're getting sacked,
    You're getting sacked
    You're getting sacked
    You're getting sacked
    You're getting sacked

Not sure if it was the Derby fans singing at LVG or the United fans singing it!
  • Rooney seems to have turned the corner and is coming into form. Good for England.
  • Guarantee he'll flop at the euros though
  • Rooney seems to have turned the corner and is coming into form. Good for England.

To be fair, it takes him a while to turn a corner.
  • IA said:

Switched from BBC to another because the commentary annoyed me.

Then heard the line "Some cool play by Chris Martin"

So I'm back to the Beeb

Sounds like Paradise.
  • We've never had the range of songs that they have (why are they now singing about Ronaldo ?!) and only occasionally have had the non stop singing. They have it each week despite how the team plays and average 8K applications for away league games. As for the glory remark, in the second division they still were the best supported club in the country with 5 figure away support.

They've been in the top flight since 1938 bar one season in the second division. They gained a lot of non- manc support because of Munich but there's no way that their other non- manchester based fanbase were attracted for any other reason than their sustained success. Plust they're a side from a 2 club massive city whereby they've always really been the most successful. It's therefore logical that they're gonna have good vocal support in high numbers....we would too (as would most london clubs) if there were only 2 or 4 clubs in london and we'd consistently been in the top flight for almost 100 years.
  • Sponsored links:

They've been in the top flight since 1938 bar one season in the second division. They gained a lot of non- manc support because of Munich but there's no way that their other non- manchester based fanbase were attracted for any other reason than their sustained success. Plust they're a side from a 2 club massive city whereby they've always really been the most successful. It's therefore logical that they're gonna have good vocal support in high numbers....we would too (as would most london clubs) if there were only 2 or 4 clubs in london and we'd consistently been in the top flight for almost 100 years.
    Some good points, however, arsenal fans are very quiet so I disagree with success leading to vocal support. Portsmouth are an example of vocal support with hardly any success.
  • I've always dreamed of being in a midweek away support like. Thousands strong, virtually everyone up singing. Off top of my head, nearest was probably Boro away in the cup

Hardly did us a favour on the pitch did it? Like Operation Ewood too. Massive, vocal away support of struggling clubs affects the players in a negative way. If a team are on a really bad run, players prefer to play away from the groans and negativity of an angry home faithful. Then when they turn up at away fixture and there a few thousand of their own vocal visiting fans they freeze and play like they were at home!
    There are 13 of us going to Ipswich on 5th April, I just hope our presence does not have the same negative effect as above!
  • I've always dreamed of being in a midweek away support like. Thousands strong, virtually everyone up singing. Off top of my head, nearest was probably Boro away in the cup

Ipswich away in the cup many, many moons ago was one of the best. I think they were top of the old div 1 at the time.

Southend away was quite impressive and orient away.