Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lookman...£3 million now or £10 million later?

Comments

• Options
    doesnt matter... The transfer fee won't help charlton!
  • Options

He wants first team football and I thought I heard him dismiss being transferred. With our shortage of strikers and a very wealthy owner with cobwebs in his wallet, he should have the opportunity of raising his profile and value for a better price sale in the summer, unless we are suddenly in the play offs...

It's a shame in a way that we've had to play him so early as it's put him in the shop window.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Obviously the only answer to any sane person is Keep Him.... so with Tightwad and Katrien Fruitloops in charge they will obviously sell him at the first opportunity - to balance the books. Fukkin Belgian Tight Fisted Cnuts.
  • Options
    Sell him now for as much as we can possibly get and then watch him loaned out to Huddersfield and MK Dons as his ability deteriorates and his game goes backwards ( or sideways at best) before getting him back ourselves to sit on the subs bench because he is by then so poor compared to what he was like when he left ........oh .......... Hang on a minute .......been there / done that already . Second thoughts :Keep Him !
  • Options

Halix said:

It doesn't matter how much, it will all go into RDs kitty and we won't see a penny of it ring fenced to Charlton or reinvested in replacement players

Couldn't put it better.
    Joyes made it very clear that transfer fees received are offset against the profit and loss and account not against a player buying budget. He refused to reveal the net figure for transfer fees in v transfer fees paid, he would only say that the £8m loss would have been higher without the player sales. We are entirely in the dark about any transfer budget so can't work out how much is being dedicated to strengthening the squad and how much towards breaking even.
  • Options
    Sell him now. I'd rather get the money and concentrate on players who will be with us for the long term.
  • Options

Halix said:

It doesn't matter how much, it will all go into RDs kitty and we won't see a penny of it ring fenced to Charlton or reinvested in replacement players

Couldn't put it better.
    Joyes made it very clear that transfer fees received are offset against the profit and loss and account not against a player buying budget. He refused to reveal the net figure for transfer fees in v transfer fees paid, he would only say that the £8m loss would have been higher without the player sales. We are entirely in the dark about any transfer budget so can't work out how much is being dedicated to strengthening the squad and how much towards breaking even.
    I agree with them that it is important to balance the books. The thing is, that even from a business view, selling an asset long before it has reached its peak value is crazy. If Prem clubs think he is worth buying and Prem clubs spend 15 - 20 million on a striker regularly, then to accept the usual 3 million is bad business. In his case, if he doesn't sign a new contract, we need to be tough and make sure we get a good fee, a big sell on fee and a long loan back because he's not going to walk into the Tottenham first team at his age.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Sell him now. I'd rather get the money and concentrate on players who will be with us for the long term.

So you think his value won't go up between now and January next season ?

• Options

dizzee said:

So you think his value won't go up between now and January next season ?

He'll be worth more in the summer when that big new TV deal comes in.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

How many of them do you think we have or will have while RD is in charge?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    But WE wont get the money!
  • Options
    If there is a clause, it should be very detailed to include percentage future deal fees etc...
  • Options
    We would have to sell him regardless of who owned the club, keeping him a good move for now hopefully he rattles loads then we get big bucks in the summer.
  • Options
    edited February 2016

We don't need the money.

Maybe true, but utterly irrelevant to the remote rancorous retard running the show.
    Douchebollox has allocated Ade (and every other employee and asset) a financial value.
    RD has no reference point for a footballer's football value because, as we are often reminded: he doesn't like or understand football, the English football club (CAFC) is just a part of a project. The principle underpinning assumption on which it was all based, FFP, is already history.
    When an offer of hard cash exceeds the selected value, talks will start. We can only hope AL and his advisers don't get swayed by the interested party or less palatably AL fails his medical and the offer is withdrawn.
    RD refutes any notion that footballers are other than interchangeable parts in a machine, as evidenced by his suggestion at SVVTruiden a couple of years back that the defence and midfield could swap jobs at half-time to better manage everybody's energy levels - I shit you not - this being the genius who essentially flogged our best goalscorer to fund essential pitch maintenance cos the goalscorer is by definition replaceable.

The eventual fee does not matter IMO as it is so unlikely to be spent wisely if spent at all by the current regime.

This is certainly true.
  • Options
    Lookman has signed new 4 year deal and about to be announced according to Independent reporter.
  • Options
    Louis Mendez ‏@LouisMend 2m2 minutes ago
    Lookman signing that deal is a weight off, the whole time it remained unsigned I was worried, despite assurances he was staying #cafc

This unreliable source agrees
  • Options

Lookman signing that deal is a weight off, the whole time it remained unsigned I was worried, despite assurances he was staying #cafc

When it's on the OS
  • Options

I'm trusting the Independent journo here that he's actually signed it as well but 4-years was the deal I had heard was on the table a while ago so it rings true.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

When it's on the OS
    I wish I'd said that
  • Options
    If so... wow. I no longer expect us to keep any promising youth player if these tossers can farm em out for cash.

Makes me wonder if Lookie has a Solly issue...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:

When it's on the OS
    Waiting for Colin to put it on here first
  • Options
    Good news if confirmed that he has signed. He is a very exciting prospect - even watching the warm-up, he completely bamboozles the goalie, and he is very composed at taking his chances in matches themselves. Let's enjoy him for rest of this season, as I still doubt we'll have him much longer than that!
  • Options

Good news if confirmed that he has signed. He is a very exciting prospect - even watching the warm-up, he completely bamboozles the goalie, and he is very composed at taking his chances in matches themselves. Let's enjoy him for rest of this season, as I still doubt we'll have him much longer than that!

The devil is in the detail or as it is now known the buy-out clause
  • Options

I'm slightly more concerned with what he's signed than the term. I highly doubt it'll be a straight four year deal and I'm sure there are release clauses, let's just hope we've managed to do a good job of ensuring we're fair.
  • Options

Doesn't mean anything. Gomez signed a new deal as well let's not forget.

as did scott parker
  • Options

As did Scott Parker.
  • Options

As did Scott Parker.
  • Options
    Scott Parker did too didn't he?
  • Options
    But at least a decent pay day for the club