Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sir Terry Wogan RIP

Comments

• Options
    My earliest TV memory is Blankety Blank in the late 70s... Just watched a clip on YouTube in honour of the man, will have that jingle in my head all day now!

RIP to a true entertainment legend.
  • Options
    Bloody hell. Rip
  • Options
    Terrible news.

RIP
  • Options
    Actually says Terry Wigan on the BBC website.

Unbelievable!

But I'm sure he'd see the funny side.
  • Options
    How sad .... :(
  • Options

I did a few Children in Need phone ins at the beeb (we did the radio donations, think BT do the TV stuff at the tower) and Terry Wogan always popped in after his show to say thanks. None of the others did, bar Sarah Kennedy once. A class act, also a much bigger bloke than I'd imagined. Sad to see him go.

RIP - a shocking year so far
  • Options
    A class act , condolences to his family, will miss you Terry.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Met him several times, always funny with a great sense of humour,
    Made it all seemed so easy, really could people people at ease in formal situations.
    One of the few people that are famous that you meet that you still admire after you meet them.

Indeed - that's why he was so good, it was like he was talking to just you, he had a very, very special gift that few others had.

A masterful piss taker as well, but he was so subtle that many people missed it - that's just how he intended it.
  • Options
    Shocked, a geniune legend of the wireless. RIP.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    RIP.

The never mind the buzzcocks when he was in charge was the funniest ever.

http://youtu.be/ussbf8hJKSA
  • Options
    Sad news, RIP.
  • Options
    RIP Sir Terry. An big part of my listening life died today. 2016 really is turning into an Annus Horribilis
  • Options
    Charming, witty and self deprecating man. Certainly a British TV legend. RIP
  • Options
    If you get a chance listen to some of his 'Janet and John' readings...had me in tears again this morning...tears of laughter followed by tears of sadness. I found them on the Twitter page that is 'tending'.
  • Options
    Know he had to pull out of Comic Relief but hadn't realised he was that ill.

RIP Terry
  • Options
    When growing up and my nan and granddad was looking after us whilst mum worked during school holidays his voice used to come out if the radio my nan used to smile and get along with the housework, I'd lay on the carpet playing listening,

He has always been there on the TV or radio another one lost to that bastd disease

Rip sir terry sleep well you deserve it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    3 things.

Brilliant TV presenter - grew up with his chat show.

Made Eurovision (Eurovision!) a must watch.

Peerless radio host, absolutely perfect for it and at it. For someone on the radio to make you feel he's talking to you is a special gift.

Brilliantly funny and awesomely talented presenter. RIP Sir Terry.
  • Options
    Very sad. Saw him last year (not the sort of thing I usually watch) and he was excellent. He really was special.
  • Options
    Sad to hear the news, my earliest memory of him was as the narrator on Stopit and Tidyup. Great little kids show that I watched over and over.
    RIP
  • Options
    So sad. RIP Sir Terry
  • Options
    RIP Sir Terry
  • Options
    Very sad news, top top man.

To this day when playing golf and anyone holes anything outside 20 feet it's a 'Wogan'.

RIP Sir Terry
  • Options
    Yet another shock .. he seemed to have been around since Victoria sat on the throne .. RIP
  • Options
    What made him so very special was that there was no act - just a naturally witty man with generosity of spirit in the extreme. Picking up on Red's comment about his Janet and John skits - truly hilarious and yes tears of laughter flowed.

One of the greatest broadcasters.

Rest in peace, Sir Terry.

• Options
    May he rest in BLANK
  • Options
    RIP Terry