Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Deadline day - Non Charlton related

124»

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2016
    I don't really understand the frustration people have with the likes of Ramires or Martinez going off to China.

We are constantly told football is a busines now & as fans that we can't blame a player for taking more money at a richer club but yet when a player decides to do it in a country that is not known for it's football all of a sudden it is something shameful.

If they see it as a job why would they not take the money, take a look at Asamoah Gyan for example, he is apparently earning £225,000 a week, rather then likely earning a quarter of that playing for middling top tier clubs around Europe.

Seems like double standards from much of the media and fans.

• Options
    Martinez had only been at Athletico since last summer too, madness
  • Options

I don't really understand the frustration people have with the likes of Ramires or Martinez going off to China.

We are constantly told football is a busines now & as fans that we can't blame a player for taking more money at a richer club but yet when a player decides to do it in a country that is not known for it's football all of a sudden it is something shameful.

If they see it as a job why would they not take the money, take a look at Asamoah Gyan for example, he is apparently earning £225,000 a week, rather then likely earning a quarter of that playing for middling top tier clubs around Europe.

Of course at the end of the day it's a job that they get paid for and you can't blame people for wanting to make the most of as much as possible in a short career.

But the thing that winds people up is the fact that they're already earning thousands each week, with a lifestyle most of us could only dream of, and they seemingly decide to waste their talent on going to a really easy league in comparison to their quality, all to earn a load more money.

Instead of wanting to better themselves, that doesn't mean financially, that means improve as a player. I mean, surely as a professional in your trade, you want to be the best you can be? Not enough players do that now, they don't stay behind after training to work on aspects of their game, they don't really push themselves to become better. They turn up, they go home. And it's that combined with the a large salary that gets supporters annoyed as we could only dream of being in their position.

Not purposely arguing, just showing from the other side of the debate.
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

3 goals in 22 appearance, and Guangzhou buy him for £31m

He makes Polish Pete and Naby Sarr look like bargains...
  • Options
    Sage said:

Of course at the end of the day it's a job that they get paid for and you can't blame people for wanting to make the most of as much as possible in a short career.

But the thing that winds people up is the fact that they're already earning thousands each week, with a lifestyle most of us could only dream of, and they seemingly decide to waste their talent on going to a really easy league in comparison to their quality, all to earn a load more money.

Instead of wanting to better themselves, that doesn't mean financially, that means improve as a player. I mean, surely as a professional in your trade, you want to be the best you can be? Not enough players do that now, they don't stay behind after training to work on aspects of their game, they don't really push themselves to become better. They turn up, they go home. And it's that combined with the a large salary that gets supporters annoyed as we could only dream of being in their position.

Not purposely arguing, just showing from the other side of the debate.
    I actually do get annoyed when a player is disrespectful & forces a move from a club because another club will pay him a higher wage, especially when it that player is already earning tens of thousands a week at his current club, my point is that when this happens I rarely see a player criticised by the majority.

Still seems double standard to me, as if a player pretends he is going to one of the European elite clubs to improve himself when in reality we all know he is going for the money and will be sitting on the bench or in the reserves for most of the season or even best case scenario playing half as many games as he would have at his former well paying employer then that seems to be ok but if a player is more honest, just thinks I am just going to go make a ludicrous wage playing in China or another part of the world they get criticised.

Just to be clear I am a Football is a sport first business second person, I do criticise any well earning player who chooses to waste any years of their career by either playing at a poor standard that is beneath their ability or by sitting on a bench simply to make even more money.

I am just pointing out the double standards that seems to exist from the media and fans based purely on what club or what country they choose to play in.
  • Options

cafc4life said:

3 goals in 22 appearance, and Guangzhou buy him for £31m

He makes Polish Pete and Naby Sarr look like bargains...
    Maybe it was Athletico who suggested the move?