Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Canelo Alvarez v Amir Khan, 7th May 2016, Las Vegas

2»

Comments

• Options
    I think Canelo would destroy Brook
  • Options
    I'm very confused by the fact his name is Canelo Alvarez and he's a ginger.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Chunes said:

I'm very confused by the fact his name is Canelo Alvarez and he's a ginger.

Canelo is a nick name. Real name is Saul Alvarez..

I believe Canelo translates to Cinammon. Its what the mexicans call a ginger.

I think.
  • Options
    Massive fan of Canelo, typical Mexican in him being a real warrior, doesn't dodge fights and technically sound.

Only 25 with 48 fights and 46 wins, 38 ko's.....excellent record climbing up through welter, light middle and middleweight. He has developed over the years through the speed of the lighter divisions and now knows about how to take the harder shots.

If Khan catches one from Canelo or tries to outbrawl him then that is then of that (Alvarez won knockout of the year v Kirkland), but if he frustrates him by being smart defensively, it will be alot closer than people may think.

Really looking forward to this one.
  • Options
    I defer to more knowledgable folks but I understand that Khan is taller with a longer reach that would suggest with his speed he may be able to outbox Canelo but agree Khan will get caught at some point in the fight. I like Khan he has great skill and heart but I guess we should take into account that when we start making comparisons to the Mayweather fight you are talking about one of the greatest boxers ever.