Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gary Neville back on Sky Sports......

2»

Comments

• Options
    Didn't John fortune give shearer a bloody mouth? Had him in his pocket if I remember. The man whose elbows cost us a victory against Argentina in 98 couldn't hack it
  • Options
    edited February 2016

This has been doing the rounds but he's never actually said this.

Also, while we are all negative about Pardew, I do find it funny that when he got appointed manager of Newcastle in large part because he was mates with Ashley everyone was up in arms, but the media and the like were dead chuffed when Neville got the Valencia job despite him more or less getting it because he's in business with Peter Lim at Salford.

Really poor choice for a first managerial job given he doesn't know Spanish and the problems at Valencia anyway, at least Phil has a bit of nous about him and took the assistant role there under Nuno and has had several months to learn the language.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Another awful result today, losing against a Betis team who have been very poor this season. Valencia now in danger of becoming relegation candidates as it's very tight in the league. The press here think the Neville appointment is a joke: surely he will be gone soon. I thought it was a great challenge for him but now wonder what damage it will have done for his managerial career. I guess future chairmen will give him a chance back in England but he is going to have to rebuild his reputation.
  • Options

I guess future chairmen will give him a chance back in England but he is going to have to rebuild his reputation.

As what, a pundit? :neutral:
  • Options
    Can't see him lasting out the season. I still think he has the potential to be a very good manager but he'll have to start again at a lower level. I'm not sure he'll be up for that
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    No need for a translator in that pic....
  • Options
    I was in a Carrefour in Valencia and there was a group of people watching the last few minutes of this game on the tv display, Valencia had a goal ruled out in added time and this guy swore and dropped/ threw a jar of bolognese on the floor. Must've felt like a right prat afterwards.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Another awful result today, losing against a Betis team who have been very poor this season. Valencia now in danger of becoming relegation candidates as it's very tight in the league. The press here think the Neville appointment is a joke: surely he will be gone soon. I thought it was a great challenge for him but now wonder what damage it will have done for his managerial career. I guess future chairmen will give him a chance back in England but he is going to have to rebuild his reputation.

People keep talking about how 'brave' the decision is. But bravery shouldn't be a driving force in choosing a managerial job. It's apparently brave because he's completely unsuited. Well, it makes sense to me to choose a job he's suited for, so bravery isn't requisite.
  • Options
    I hope he turns it around.

Agreed that Gary Neville should be given some slack for at least giving the job a go... He one of these pundits as well that concentrates on a players positional sense (Erm he was England Right-Back for a long time) rather than slagging of Managers and saying that they should be sacked so dont think his Sky career will be ruined.

Least he's not hiding behind his punditry job like Jamie Carragher.

In the same vein, how many English Managers (experienced ones at that) have the guts to take a job abroad, he's had to deal with a language barrier and has had to try to settle in Valencia, maybe he'd be more at home in the English Leagues that he'll know better so until he does that, the jury will remain out for me

There are similarities between him and fraeye.
    Their fans are probably quite pissed at this appointment.

I like GNev but wouldn't give him credit for having guts.

It's not about him...
  • Options
    edited February 2016

I'm wondering what Adrian Chiles is doing in the front of the coach.
    Did they lose one nil then? :smiley:
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

I'm wondering what Adrian Chiles is doing in the front of the coach.
    Did they lose one nil then? :smiley:
    I reckon Adrian's about to hide down because the Spaniards watch ITV and are giving him the finger for his inspiring coverage of European football :grimace:
  • Options
    Won his first league game! Go go Gazza!
  • Options
    Struggling in the Europa League now. Only 5-0 up after 35 minutes
  • Options
    Maybe they know Gary's off soon and the players are putting in a shift.
  • Options
    The Valencia owner likes the Neville's. I think he should be given until the end of the season.

Wont get relegated from La Liga.
    Out of copa del rey.

Through to the last 16 of Europa league (baring a catastrophe in the 2nd leg).

Given him a pre season and see how he does.
  • Options
    He won't be there next year.

Benitez would be my guess.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He won't be there next year.

Benitez would be my guess.

Nailed on certainty, I reckon
  • Options
    4-0 win in the second leg against Rapid Vienna.
    10-0 aggregate win isn't a bad result, is it?
  • Options
    Four wins in the last four matches now...
  • Options
    Next Man U manager :smile:
  • Options
    Are Rapid Vienna that bad?
  • Options
    Would be good if Valencia get MU in the next round.
  • Options
    My guess is that Neville will go on to be one of the best and will eventually manage England.

Perhaps Englands youngest ever manager. I'm glad he's got some results and is seeing the craziness of pissed of fans with his own eyes. Hes gaining more experience, in a country out his comfort zone and has already learnt from the best in SAF.

I hope the good results keep coming but feel for the fans if he screws up and it goes wrong. They after all, have a rookie manager in charge that they might feel was not worthy of the position in the 1st place.