Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Propeller Plane Circling Heathrow

I'm currently living over in Twickenham which is right underneath the Heathrow flight path. Planes usually stop flying over at 11pm. However last night a small (but noisy) propeller plane was circling Heathrow from around 1am through to 4am, coming over my house every 20 minutes or so.

Did anyone else hear this or know what was going on? I can't see anything about it on the web. It kept me awake all night.

Comments

• Options
    Also heard this overhead in Welling about half Twelve. Very low and noisy as if it was about to come down. Unusual at that time, normally its the Police Chopper you can hear.
  • Options
    Its probably the Islander that flies out of RAF Northolt, although nobody is allowed to tell you what it's doing!
  • Options
    The old bill use Cesna aircraft when intercepting phone calls
  • Options
    It's a Brittan Norman Islander, M15 use it to intercept phone calls and wifi recording voices that GCHQ then analyse.
  • Options
    They're after you Hero - you dont have a long beard, do you?
  • Options
    At a guess maybe a thermal imaging survey. If not that then the Russians are looking to invade Chiswick.
  • Options
    Ooooh the plot thickens, I'm on my phone so can't do the link but apparently Gareth Williams, the spy who was found dead inside a holdall in his house was the agent that designed all the equipment on the planes and the wide band listening devices used and is one theory about why he was killed.
  • Options
    Abit more about listening in on terrorists
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Best spy story ever that one, we were told he got in the bag himself and padlocked it,

Really makes you wonder who and why they left him to be found, or what happened to the people that put him in the bag that meant they weren't able to hide him
  • Options
    Those pesky Lizards who invaded 70,000 years ago and took control of the illminati's bodies are at it again.
  • Options

Best spy story ever that one, we were told he got in the bag himself and padlocked it,

Really makes you wonder who and why they left him to be found, or what happened to the people that put him in the bag that meant they weren't able to hide him

You blatantly leave people to be found, to make a point to others. If the wanted him hid, he'd have been buried in a hole
  • Options
    It's not the UN come for Assange is it?
  • Options
    It was really low over me in south Kensington last night
  • Options

Well I don't know about the "best". The BBC made a drama out of that story last autumn. London Spy. I thought it was the biggest load of bollocks they've made for a long time.

• Options
    shine166 said:

You blatantly leave people to be found, to make a point to others. If the wanted him hid, he'd have been buried in a hole
    No way you don't leave the mess behind something happened to whoever was going to put that bag somewhere,

Or he honestly thought being the world's best hide and seek player would help him hide from the ruskis or jihadis
  • Options

shine166 said:

No way you don't leave the mess behind something happened to whoever was going to put that bag somewhere,

Or he honestly thought being the world's best hide and seek player would help him hide from the ruskis or jihadis

Well with that logic, why didn't the Russians just snatch litvinenko rather than inflicting a slow highly visible death ?
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    from propeller planes at night to Russian spies to Howard Hughes in 20 posts. only on Charlton life.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Because it wasn't the ruskis
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Welcome to my abstract fact of the day. The original post talks of a propeller plane. The focus for me isn't a propeller plane, but the H-4 Hercules or the Spruce Goose. The Spruce Goose was the brain child of Howard Hughes, the Aviator. Howard a successful businessman built the Spruce Goose to be the largest ever plane to take flight. It took one flight in 1947, but never reached the heights it was supposed to as military passenger plane.

Join me again tomorrow.

The Spruce Goose was built and (I think) is still housed in Marina Del Rey in Los Angeles, near to where I grew up. Join me again tomorrow for more "unnecessary sub-stories to pointless facts."
  • Options
    shine166 said:

shine166 said:

Well with that logic, why didn't the Russians just snatch litvinenko rather than inflicting a slow highly visible death ?
    To send a message? Same reason the other bloke was left in a bag, I guess.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

cabbles said:

Welcome to my abstract fact of the day. The original post talks of a propeller plane. The focus for me isn't a propeller plane, but the H-4 Hercules or the Spruce Goose. The Spruce Goose was the brain child of Howard Hughes, the Aviator. Howard a successful businessman built the Spruce Goose to be the largest ever plane to take flight. It took one flight in 1947, but never reached the heights it was supposed to as military passenger plane.

Join me again tomorrow.

The Spruce Goose was built and (I think) is still housed in Marina Del Rey in Los Angeles, near to where I grew up. Join me again tomorrow for more "unnecessary sub-stories to pointless facts."
    This is perfect SD Addick you're contributing to the abstract fact of the day. Bastards like Irving and IA just want to attack it
  • Options
    First trains, and now planes. What next?
  • Options
    Kept me awake most of the night. It was so low over shooters hill you could bearly see it as it passed by
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

cabbles said:

Join me again tomorrow.

I thought it was in a museum just outside Oregon, at least t was the last time I saw it a few years ago...
  • Options

Because it wasn't the ruskis

Ah...?
    Begums ?
  • Options
    edited February 2016

First trains, and now planes. What next?

John candy and automobiles