Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Paaaaaancakes !!!

13»

Comments

• Options

My house they all have a competition I made 92 pancakes in total. The big man won.

They have choice of toppings chocolate sauce, strawberry sauce, toffee, syrup, Nutella, lemon and sugar and various fruits.

Does he still fit in those trousers today?
  • Options

My house they all have a competition I made 92 pancakes in total. The big man won.

They have choice of toppings chocolate sauce, strawberry sauce, toffee, syrup, Nutella, lemon and sugar and various fruits.

Wtf 92 pancakes you are a goddess
  • Options

92? F**k me! Sadie, isn't your old man diabetic? All those pancakes with those toppings, his blood sugar must have gone through the roof!
  • Options

F**k me! Sadie
    I know you like a seedy one liner but that just takes things too far.

Sadie is a married woman - have some respect!

;-)
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Lemon and sugar is the first and best option.

But squeeze the lemon first then sprinkle the sugar, or the other way round, or doesn't it matter?

Granulated sugar or caster?

Rolled up or flat?

Details are important boys and girls.

ps Correct answers are lemon first, granulated sugar (soaks up the lemon nicely), then rolled with a final dash of lemon and sugar on top of the roll.

Squeeze first, brown sugar, rolled
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Davo55 said:

Lemon and sugar is the first and best option.

But squeeze the lemon first then sprinkle the sugar, or the other way round, or doesn't it matter?

Granulated sugar or caster?

Rolled up or flat?

Details are important boys and girls.

ps Correct answers are lemon first, granulated sugar (soaks up the lemon nicely), then rolled with a final dash of lemon and sugar on top of the roll.

Squeeze first, brown sugar, rolled
    'Ah, brown sugar just like a young girl should, yeah

I said yeah, yeah, yeah, woo'
  • Options

Wtf 92 pancakes you are a goddess
    92 perfect pancakes too (super cook goddess lol)

92? F**k me! Sadie, isn't your old man diabetic? All those pancakes with those toppings, his blood sugar must have gone through the roof!
    Good memory, he was very naughty but did substitute sugar with canderel he only had lemon and sweetener the fun toppings were for the kids.

Does he still fit in those trousers today?
    Not really, any idea where I can get some bigger ones? :lol:
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

I think I may pick some ready made ones up on the way home...

• Options

So are you saying your family ate 92 pancakes between them ?

Is this about 18 each or thereabouts and was this all at one time, or spread over a month ?
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    F

92?! Please tell me that's not all in one day
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ok right yes it was in one day, but over 2 rounds if you like one immediately after school and one later in the evening it was a competition I keep cooking until they have all had enough. I only had 3 in first round and 2 in second coming last. (On purpose). There was no dinner or dessert just pancakes. I cooked 92 and 4 of them weren't managed or just bitten out of. So that leaves 88 whole pancakes I had 5 so the 83 remainding went between the other 5. Other half "won" consuming 29 in total, the kids had the rest. They are now sick of pancakes for another year so mission accomplished.
  • Options

Ok right yes it was in one day, but over 2 rounds if you like one immediately after school and one later in the evening it was a competition I keep cooking until they have all had enough. I only had 3 in first round and 2 in second coming last. (On purpose). There was no dinner or dessert just pancakes. I cooked 92 and 4 of them weren't managed or just bitten out of. So that leaves 88 whole pancakes I had 5 so the 83 remainding went between the other 5. Other half "won" consuming 29 in total, the kids had the rest. They are now sick of pancakes for another year so mission accomplished.

29?

• Options
    29 pancakes !!!!
  • Options
    I've catered for groups of 20 that haven't got through 30 pancakes, but mine are 400mm in diameter
  • Options
    29 pancakes with lemon and sugar (canderel) that's fucking mental proper insane

Who come second

You need to put the scores on the doors was a close run contest
  • Options
    29?! I love pancakes but I had 4 in the end and thought it was probably a bit much.
  • Options
    Well you're all lightweights!

It's an annual event in my house most of the time nobody will eat anything else from dinner the night before, they are quite thin and about 7" so not huge.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

about 7" so not huge.

Too easy.
    In absolute tears
  • Options
    I'd make some more if the others weren't sick of them
  • Options
    Dizzle said:

29 pancakes !!!!

That must have been some crepe the next day...
  • Options
    Was ill on pancake day, so only just got around to it. Four for me. First, simple brown caster sugar with lemon. Second, same but with a pinch on cinnamon. Third and fourth cut a Baileys flavoured Magnum in half and roll it in the pancake. It's like a pancake arctic roll with booze on top. Nothing finer.
  • Options
    26 more for the record Stig, I believe in you.