Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

your favourite Python is.......?

Graham Chapman
John Cleese
Terry Gilliam
Eric Idle
Terry Jones
Michael Palin

don't know how to do those vote things but as we were sing one of their songs (eric idle's to be precise) last night I thought I would ask.

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2007
    childrens as they don't grow so big -

but the reticulated is an impressive one as well
  • Options
    Eric Idle was always my favourite, then Terry Jones (I think) cos he always played women.
  • Options
    Carol Cleveland!
  • Options
    "Look! 'Ere comes the King"

"'Ow d'yer know it's the King?"

"He's the only one who hasn't got sh*t all over 'im"
  • Options
    I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, eat a lump of cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, day in, day out, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad would kill us, and dance about on our graves singing "Hallelujah."

But you try and tell the young people today that... and they won't believe ya'.
  • Options
    'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This parrot is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!!

THIS IS AN EX-PARROT!!
  • Options
    ....Free Peter the pickpocket...??????????? :o|
  • Options
    All vight! I will give you one more chance!
    This time I want to hear no Vuben, no Veginalds, no Vudolf the ved-nosed Veindeers...
  • Options
    Farcical aquatic ceremonies are no basis for a system of government.

People who are called Romans go towards the house!
  • Options
    ALBATROS!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Splitters!
  • Options
    Quoting aside have any of you read the Michael Palin diaries? finished it a few weeks back, it was a very interesting read for any python fans. Gave some good insight into who was responsible for many of the words repeated in the previous posts.
  • Options
    Dishing the dirt on Chapmans sexuality and drinking?
  • Options
    A little, but Palin comes across as a sympathetic guy so it was less dirt dishing and more feeling sorry (and frustrated) by someone who was struggling with the bottle.
  • Options
    sound a good read.

But then, what did the Romans ever do for us?
  • Options
    Nearly finished it. On 1979 now. A good read and he comes over well. Seems quite honest without being nasty.
  • Options
    From a python and football related subject it has to be ripping yarns "Golden Gordon".
  • Options
    "Yes we ARE all different"

"I'm not"
  • Options
    I've always liked Michael Palin. That "Around the World ..." series he did was great. Obviously you never can really tell, but he just seems like a really nice fella.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]I've always liked Michael Palin. That "Around the World ..." series he did was great. Obviously you never can really tell, but he just seems like a really nice fella.

A photographer mate of mine took his picture some time back - apparently he is a very nice chap.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cleese or Idle for me. Not only because of Python but their other work too.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Cleese or Idle for me. Not only because of Python but their other work too.

In pure talent terms I would have to agree. Cleese would win out for the genius that was Fawlty Towers
  • Options
    Never a huge fan of Fawlty Towers. Seems very dated now but so does lots of the Python TV stiff
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Never a huge fan of Fawlty Towers. Seems very dated now but so does lots of the Python TV stiff

Fawlty seems dated mainly because of some of the stereotypes (irish builder, eccentric old soldier etc) but you update it slightly and I guarantee you that it would still be an absolutely massive hit. The critics would hate it because it is not edgy enough but the viewers would love it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Graham Chapman
    John Cleese
    Terry Gilliam
    Eric Idle
    Terry Jones
    Michael Palin

don't know how to do those vote things but as we were sing one of their songs (eric idle's to be precise) last night I thought I would ask.

What is this? The bloody Spanish inquisition?