Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Warnock named Rotherham boss until end of season

13»

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    To be fair to Latrien, with 104,000,000 CV's to wade through they must of got lost at the application stage...
  • Options

To be fair to Latrien, with 104,000,000 CV's to wade through they must of got lost at the application stage...

No doubt the job applications all arrived on her day off.

It's so hard to be a CEO, don't you know?

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Maybe the CV came through a "third party" - we all know they have trouble with those
  • Options

Warnock has had his day.

Rotherham are down.

Ha ha ha

Hadn't seen this post again until now (in fact don't even remember writing it!)

This is up there with my 06/07 prediction of Traore winning POTY!!

• Options
    Bubble said:

Scoham said:
    Maybe the CV came through a "third party" - we all know they have trouble with those
    What a complete turd party.
  • Options
    To be honest I'm amazed Warnock applied, as until the club says categorically "we have a vacancy, which is open to all outside applicants, and we're not parachuting a network person in" it's clear that nobody from outside would be looked at anyway
  • Options
    Could also twist it and say we are looking within Charlton at the moment

To be honest I'm amazed Warnock applied, as until the club says categorically "we have a vacancy, which is open to all outside applicants, and we're not parachuting a network person in" it's clear that nobody from outside would be looked at anyway

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2016

I would imagine that all the "floating" managers like Warnock put their CVs in to every club in all of the divisions. It's what happens in my industry as there is a lot of turnover there also. Most of them also go right in the bin.
  • Options

I am amazed there were not more British applicants when the following job advert was placed in the SLP, Kent Messenger and Beach Inflatable Times...

Une position a surgi de l'entraîneur d'un club de football 2e de niveau anglais bien connu basé dans le sud-est de l'Angleterre.

Seuls les ressortissants belges doivent appliquer, mais s'il vous plaît ne pas mentionner ce que ce serait contraire à la législation européenne en matière d'emploi.

Appliquer par écrit à Katrien Miere c / o The Bunker

Een positie is ontstaan van de coach van een bekende Engels 2nd tier voetbalclub gevestigd in het zuidoosten van Engeland.

Alleen Belgen moeten toepassen maar doe dit niet te vermelden als die tegen de Europese arbeidswetgeving zou zijn.

Solliciteer schriftelijk aan Katrien Miere c / o The Bunker

Laughed out loud on the train!
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Scoham said:
    This needs to be publicised a bit more.

I can't remember the exact timeline of events - i.e the dates which Fraeye was appointed at CAFC, and Warnock at RUFC - but this would suggest that Fraeye was picked directly over Warnock. Not to mention, we were lead to believe* that throughout Fraeye's tenure there was a search for an experienced manager going on behind the scenes.

Sadly I'm not surprised that we failed to interview a very good candidate who has subsequently sent us down via his appointment with another relegation struggler, I'm just surprised that a decent manager would have his CV passed on to the club right now. Clearly our issues are not due to lack of available candidates willing to put themselves forward, but a lack of willingness to interview such candidates.

*lead to believe, albeit it has since been made known that this was not the case and Fraeye was not "interim".
  • Options
    Thanks Colin.
  • Options
    I reread some of the official site match reports the other week to try and work out when Karel took over.

He was clearly stated as interim first team coach from Boro on 31 October when we lost 3-0, in the write up of the Sheffield Wednesday 3-1 win on 7 November (and the intervening loss to MK Dons away on the Tuesday).

After the Wednesday win he was referred to as Fraeye.

I think that win was when he was confirmed internally as not interim.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Is this a pretty reliable source ?
  • Options

I reread some of the official site match reports the other week to try and work out when Karel took over.

He was clearly stated as interim first team coach from Boro on 31 October when we lost 3-0, in the write up of the Sheffield Wednesday 3-1 win on 7 November (and the intervening loss to MK Dons away on the Tuesday).

After the Wednesday win he was referred to as Fraeye.

I think that win was when he was confirmed internally as not interim.

If that's the case then it's pretty telling that:

(a) They simply waited for his first victory;

(b) This was the match of the very first protest IIRC, and I distinctly remember singing "Who the f*ck is Karel Fraeye?" and "Karel Fraeye? You're havin' a laugh!". This was the protest where Katrien appeared at the window amongst other things, so she knew the extent of our feelings towards Karel and subsequently appointed him around the same time.
  • Options
    Dunno about you lot, but I'm bloody delighted we didn't get Carver or Ince. Things might actually have got worse under them.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    I'd love a legit source on this
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2016

Dunno about you lot, but I'm bloody delighted we didn't get Carver or Ince. Things might actually have got worse under them.

Not suggesting I'd have wanted either Carver or Ince, but I'm not so sure it could have got much worse under either.

Warnock, if true is another "feather" in the owners cap - the gift that keeps on giving. The people running our club in to the ground are so far adrift in their football knowledge that it's untrue.
  • Options
    Warnock appears regularly on Talksport each week. Someone should get Alan Brazil to ask him outright ("from a Charlton fan") if he applied for our job.
  • Options
    Would never surprise me if Murray was asked his opinion he would not have wanted Warnock, just my opinion
  • Options

What's worse than relegation ?
  • Options
    I really dont buy the Warnock story, he would not be interested in dealing with the Charlton freak show at this stage of his career.
  • Options
    He was probably living in London at the time as he was temporary manager of QPR
  • Options
    Didn't Warnock get the Rotherham job at the same time (ish) as we appointed Riga?
  • Options

Didn't Warnock get the Rotherham job at the same time (ish) as we appointed Riga?

Nah would have been some time after as Redfearn was Manager of Rotherham when we beat them 4-1 which was Riga's third match in charge, Warnock wasnt placed in charge @ Rotherham until the 11th Feb (two weeks after our win there)