Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Roma v Real Madrid

Anyone watching?

Decent game but I reckon Real have nicked Man Utd's infamous "grey" kit from a few years back. awful!

While I'm on the subject did anyone see that FC Midjylland are charging both sets of fans £71.00 for a ticket to tomorrow's nights Europa League match. To put that in some sort of perspective a league match at FCM usually costs about £15.00!!

Comments

• Apparently they charged £22 when playing Southampton earlier in the season.
    I heard they said they're charging that much against Man Utd because, essentially, they can get away with it.
    I heard they said they're charging that much against Man Utd because, essentially, they can get away with it.

Essentially that is correct

Are you making fun of me? :(
  • well they would know about our ticket prices over here as FC Midjylland are owned by the same guy who owns Brentford.
  • Unreal tekkers from Marcelo on that volley.
  • What's the point of Real's grey kit? Surely they would never wear it if there was an actual clash of colours. Besides, the shorts are a different colour.

2 shades of grey. Crap book, crap kit.

Are you making fun of me? :(
    No
  • Forza Lazio
  • Watching Gent v Wolfsburg. Reckon that Gent firm that came to The Valley last season, will be getting stuck into the Wolfsburg lot after the game.
  • Simonsen said:

Watching Gent v Wolfsburg. Reckon that Gent firm that came to The Valley last season, will be getting stuck into the Wolfsburg lot after the game.

Weren;t they Ghenk rather than Gent ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Chess match. Real Madrid straight 4-3-3. Roma 4-4-2 diamond, with the front two split right and left.

I saw Dinamo Tbilisi use this variation on the diamond formation in a Cup Winners Cup tie at West Ham in 1980/81. They cut West Ham to pieces, with the front two darting in from the flanks behind Bonds and Martin, who were left in no mans land. Final score was 1-4, Shengalia, Kipiani & Gutsaev were the Russians who did the damage, after Chivadze scored early on from 30 yards.
  • edited February 2016
    Remember watching that on sportsnight, was that the one in a empty stadium.
  • Hey Tutt-Tutt - do you have any Belgian relations?
  • Oh my word Ronaldo
  • I've got £3 on Real to win 3-0
  • edited February 2016

Remember watching that on sportsnight, was that the one in a empty stadium.

West Ham played Castilla behind closed doors in an earlier round, after a riot in the first leg in Madrid. Some of my mates were out there. The Spanish OB waded in but didn't expect West Ham to fight back and came unstuck.
  • Simonsen said:

Watching Gent v Wolfsburg. Reckon that Gent firm that came to The Valley last season, will be getting stuck into the Wolfsburg lot after the game.

Weren;t they Ghenk rather than Gent ?
    Think they were Gent (Lepoint signed from them). Losing 3-0 so they'll be hovering around the back of the away end as we speak.

Ps...Was in that away end a few years ago with 2,500 mental Anderlecht fans. Great crack and then back to a scummy bar next to Anderlecht's ground for more drink. Got a nice photo with Marcin Wasilewski (now Leicester City). BIG geezer.
  • edited February 2016
    Travelled from Madrid to Rome today on a Ryanair flight full of Real Madrid fans. Good atmosphere with them singing throughout the flight although the crew didn't like it and I thought at one point we might make a diversion to kick them off!

Good fans though and actually a better atmosphere on the plane than some of the matches I have been to at the Bernabeu.
  • edited February 2016
    Roma giving it a good go. Should have scored with that chance that fell to Sahal.
  • and now it's 2-0
  • Sponsored links:

• 2-3 now. Gent have been excellent in the last ten minutes.
  • Anyone else hear that loud bang just after the final whistle?
  • Bollocks had Real to win and btts and Wolsburg win and btts in a double
  • sralan said:

Glad Ronaldo scored as he should be in a good mood to meet my nephew today. Special arranged tour via a cancer charity.

Go on... Tell him Messi is better ;) - Nah thats great for your Nephew
  • sralan said:

Glad Ronaldo scored as he should be in a good mood to meet my nephew today. Special arranged tour via a cancer charity.

hope he has a great day mate
  • Tutt-Tutt said:

Chess match. Real Madrid straight 4-3-3. Roma 4-4-2 diamond, with the front two split right and left.

I saw Dinamo Tbilisi use this variation on the diamond formation in a Cup Winners Cup tie at West Ham in 1980/81. They cut West Ham to pieces, with the front two darting in from the flanks behind Bonds and Martin, who were left in no mans land. Final score was 1-4, Shengalia, Kipiani & Gutsaev were the Russians who did the damage, after Chivadze scored early on from 30 yards.

Cool story bro.
  • While I'm on the subject did anyone see that FC Midjylland are charging both sets of fans £71.00 for a ticket to tomorrow's nights Europa League match. To put that in some sort of perspective a league match at FCM usually costs about £15.00!!

I turned this on about 10 minutes ago and enjoying it so far. Midjylland running rings around Man Utd players. 2-1 ahead.
  • IA said:

While I'm on the subject did anyone see that FC Midjylland are charging both sets of fans £71.00 for a ticket to tomorrow's nights Europa League match. To put that in some sort of perspective a league match at FCM usually costs about £15.00!!

I turned this on about 10 minutes ago and enjoying it so far. Midjylland running rings around Man Utd players. 2-1 ahead.
    Biggest result in Midtjylland's short history (they were only formed in 1999). They are partying on the streets of Herning tonight!

Really hope they finish the job at Old Trafford next week.