Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Black and White Scarf confusion...

are we wearing them at Fulham?

if so will we get grief from stewards/police? (that question is just in case they don't pick up on our a heavy south east London accent and typical south London swagger)

Comments

• Options
    Can't imagine stewards would let people wearing black and white scarfs into the Fulham away end - will be leaving mine at home for this fixture
  • Options
    Everyone should be head to toe in red, create a wall of red akin to Dortmunds yellow wall
  • Options
    think this saturday is more about enjoying the day and hopefully getting 3 points, scarves at home get behind the boys and try and forget about the shit thats going on at the club for 1 weekend, lets be loud and then resume normal service next home match.
  • Options
    Leaving mine at home to avoid hassle. I'll be bringing my black scarf I got from the White Stripes gig though.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Everyone should be head to toe in red, create a wall of red akin to Dortmunds yellow wall

I have this image in my head of fans playing a game of human Connect4
  • Options
    Sod that, will back the team but I will be wearing my black and white scarf.
  • Options

think this saturday is more about enjoying the day and hopefully getting 3 points, scarves at home get behind the boys and try and forget about the shit thats going on at the club for 1 weekend, lets be loud and then resume normal service next home match.

Lol, getting three points, we'll get tonked !
  • Options
    You're not going to get any problems from stewards or police for wearing a black and white scarf.

We're talking about a club that has a neutral area (which the away fans have to pass through to get to their section anyway) for goodness sake.
  • Options

We're talking about a club that has a neutral area (which the away fans have to pass through to get to their section anyway) for goodness sake.

Pwopa nawty
  • Options
    Fear not, we can still do it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Plenty of clubs play each other home and away where colors clash. Only a small minority wear official away colors to games. I have seen plenty of red & white scarfs in the Jimmy Seed Stand over the years.
  • Options

Was going to wear my grey one, but lost it in town yesterday :(

This one?
    http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/71699/moorgate-scarf#latest

• Options
    This will be my first chance to wear my purchased black and white scarf. Of course I will be wearing it. Important to show them off so the club have difficulty in taking any crowd images without a black and white scarf or two in it.
  • Options
    Red shirt and black and white scarf may be the order of the day.
  • Options
    Red & white.
    Show the team we back them.
    Show the regime who is in control.
  • Options
    I thought the purpose of the black and white scarf was to get Roland to "spell it out in black and white" but then they said they were no longer expecting that and just wanted him out , so why still the scarfs?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    buckshee said:

I thought the purpose of the black and white scarf was to get Roland to "spell it out in black and white" but then they said they were no longer expecting that and just wanted him out , so why still the scarfs?

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/70612/spell-it-out-in-black-and-white-stepping-it-up/p1
  • Options
    Stig said:

I'd personally urge anyone going, to wear black and white. I'd think were are more likely to get a mention in the media for doing this against Fulham than against any other team until we pitch up at Shrewsbury in August. It gives anyone in the media who wishes to discuss our plight and interesting starting point - why are the fans of both club's in the same colour? And perhaps even a question in the director's box, why are your fans wearing the same colours as us?

The media won't be at all interested at a group of football fans wearing black and white scarves. Outside the PL the interest is minimal unless

a) The fans do something outrageous, or
    b) The club does a massive cockup, e.g. the Graham Moore photo last week
  • Options

buckshee said:

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/70612/spell-it-out-in-black-and-white-stepping-it-up/p1
    they now mean we are spelling it out in black and white to FECK OFF!

basically.
  • Options
    I'll be wearing my black & white until they're gone.
  • Options
    Why do we wear black & white though? Is it because we still want Roland to spell out in black & white what he's doing?

Or is it because we're spelling out in black & white that we don't want them here anymore?
  • Options
    edited February 2016

Why do we wear black & white though? Is it because we still want Roland to spell out in black & white what he's doing?

Or is it because we're spelling out in black & white that we don't want them here anymore?

yes
  • Options

It's because it nearly rhymes
  • Options
    Stig said:

I'd personally urge anyone going, to wear black and white. I'd think were are more likely to get a mention in the media for doing this against Fulham than against any other team until we pitch up at Shrewsbury in August. It gives anyone in the media who wishes to discuss our plight and interesting starting point - why are the fans of both club's in the same colour? And perhaps even a question in the director's box, why are your fans wearing the same colours as us?

I don't think for a minute anyone is going to have any trouble getting in because of the colours. Fulham aren't stupid, they'll have seen pictures of the protests (If we had a decent CEO, I'd expect her to have made it clear to them anyway, but I imagine that Pinocchio will have been doing the usual job of pretending nothing's happening). They aren't going to stop 1,500 Charlton fan's coming in and if they did it would make a brilliant photo opportunity.

Keep up the protests. We've got to embarrass the terrible trio. We've got to force them out.

that's done it for me. thanks stig. I will be wearing my black and white scarf. I hope others will too. otherwise I might be the first Fulham looking fan to be involved in a fight. the tourists will be horrified.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    I will wear a Black and White scarf tomorrow because ?
    It will keep me warm and after 85 minutes i can go down the Fulham end
    and pretend i'm a Fulham Fan if we are being thumped like my last two
    visits to Craven cottage: 4-0 and 3-0.

I'm Charlton till i die or 85 minutes, what ever comes first tomorrow.