Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Redeveloping Valley

2»

Comments

• Options
    I suspect it has already been stated, but what would the likely value of the Valley be IF it was granted planning permission for housing.
  • Options
    redman said:

I suspect it has already been stated, but what would the likely value of the Valley be IF it was granted planning permission for housing.

Less than would make it worthwhile as a plan.
  • Options
    thanks, confirmed what I would have thought
  • Options

This thread is the biggest giggle I've had all day.

David White comes on here to correct some misconceptions about rumours started about what RD intends to do, and some of you correct him?

David White knows more about business, and the running of Charlton Athletic, than all you keyboard warriors added together.

And has put MILLIONS (no exaggeration) of his own money into the club.

I suggest some of you find out who you're talking to, before typing what your brain tells you makes sense...

Duchatelet can remove the ex-directors from the picture at any time by repaying their loans, which excluding Murray comes to £4.4m in total.

David White is owed £250,000 of that, which is not a substantial sum to Duchatelet, although it would be to most of us. Bob Whitehand, Dave Sumners and Derek Chappell represent £2.65 combined.

Sir Maurice Hatter is owed £1m and David Hughes £500k.

Much larger sums were written off in 2010, but that is the position now.
    BUT you have to work the numbers back on a residual basis if he wants to redevelop the Valley site - add together what he paid for club, what he has put into club to date (he says), what he would need to spend to repay other creditors, planning costs, the undoubted public enquiry because it would go to judicial review, costs to build out vs the gross development value of a completed scheme

Given we are talking about Charlton here + LBG would want a ton of affordable housing as its a large site I would hazard a guess that it simply wouldn't work financially - London real estate cannot keep going up

That's my thoughts on a 'back of a fag packet basis' - I could be totally wrong before you all get excited

Furthermore - RD is a complete wonker and canute as far as I am concerned - have no fear on that - I just can't see that tge money he would need to spent to get from point a to point b would make a development scheme viable
  • Options

You are assuming that those that hold Charges over assets of the club (7 Ex Directors),and that is all assets, will sit by and watch him run the club into the ground,I think you might find the terms of their charge will prevent that,or he will have to repay them their £7mn first.He might own it all but it is all Mortgaged .

It's what they've done so far.
  • Options

You are assuming that those that hold Charges over assets of the club (7 Ex Directors),and that is all assets, will sit by and watch him run the club into the ground,I think you might find the terms of their charge will prevent that,or he will have to repay them their £7mn first.He might own it all but it is all Mortgaged .

Perhaps there are terms and conditions attached to the agreement to sell to RD which seriously limit their options ?
  • Options

David White comes on here to correct some misconceptions about rumours started about what RD intends to do, and some of you correct him?

David White knows more about business, and the running of Charlton Athletic, than all you keyboard warriors added together.

I suggest some of you find out who you're talking to, before typing what your brain tells you makes sense...

Has David White posted on this thread?
    Didn't he used to play for Manchester City?
  • Options
    drewman said:

Has David White posted on this thread?
    Didn't he used to play for Manchester City?
    Your thinking of Mike Summerbee. ;)
  • Options

They don't have any power to intervene, although that doesn't prevent them having an opinion.
  • Options

Duchatelet can remove the ex-directors from the picture at any time by repaying their loans, which excluding Murray comes to £4.4m in total.

David White is owed £250,000 of that, which is not a substantial sum to Duchatelet, although it would be to most of us. Bob Whitehand, Dave Sumners and Derek Chappell represent £2.65 combined.

BUT you have to work the numbers back on a residual basis if he wants to redevelop the Valley site - add together what he paid for club, what he has put into club to date (he says), what he would need to spend to repay other creditors, planning costs, the undoubted public enquiry because it would go to judicial review, costs to build out vs the gross development value of a completed scheme

Given we are talking about Charlton here + LBG would want a ton of affordable housing as its a large site I would hazard a guess that it simply wouldn't work financially - London real estate cannot keep going up

That's my thoughts on a 'back of a fag packet basis' - I could be totally wrong before you all get excited

Furthermore - RD is a complete wonker and canute as far as I am concerned - have no fear on that - I just can't see that tge money he would need to spent to get from point a to point b would make a development scheme viable
    Yes, I agree with you. It doesn't stack up financially and won't be the plan. I just think the weight of the former directors in that calculation was being overstated.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Yes, I agree with you. It doesn't stack up financially and won't be the plan. I just think the weight of the former directors in that calculation was being overstated.
    As a complete aside Airman - a client of mine was running his numbers on the land in Ramsgate which has lain dormant for years - in doing some background research I chanced across your name and photo many times !!!!

He did go forward as he couldn't make it work numbers wise
  • Options

As a complete aside Airman - a client of mine was running his numbers on the land in Ramsgate which has lain dormant for years - in doing some background research I chanced across your name and photo many times !!!!

Usually the case, I'm afraid. It's council-owned land before anyone gets the wrong idea!
  • Options

Correction - he DIDNT go forward
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Perhaps RD is cleverer than we think, He appoints KM as CEO, knowing she has no experience in football and will probably cock everything up, knows her personality, so probably banking on her to say stupid things, then states, I do not run the club only own it, KM runs it, if it goes wrong she is to blame

Why employ someone he knows hasn't got a clue to take the hit IF it goes wrong?

If he had any sense he would have employed someone far more competent in both business and football knowing that there would be less chance of it going wrong and they would still take the hit if it did!
  • Options

ross1 said:

Perhaps RD is cleverer than we think, He appoints KM as CEO, knowing she has no experience in football and will probably cock everything up, knows her personality, so probably banking on her to say stupid things, then states, I do not run the club only own it, KM runs it, if it goes wrong she is to blame

If he had any sense he would have employed someone far more competent in both business and football knowing that there would be less chance of it going wrong and they would still take the hit if it did!
    I meant to add, he is probably working on the assumption that Division one will not be as expensive and will have more chance of breaking even by not having to bring in so many expensive senior players
  • Options
    ross1 said:

ross1 said:

I meant to add, he is probably working on the assumption that Division one will not be as expensive and will have more chance of breaking even by not having to bring in so many expensive senior players
    Isn't tv income several million less though? Makes it even harder to break even for a club like ours.
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

ross1 said:

ross1 said:

Isn't tv income several million less though? Makes it even harder to break even for a club like ours.
    This is RD we are talking about, remind me, what has he got right so far, that was not forced on him, (like the new pitch), and do not say the training ground development until we see how much the club is in debt to him