Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Usual stuff

Cheers Louis
  • Options
    Not impressed. Flat as a pancake and said nothing really. If it was KF speaking the same words we'd be slaughtering him.
  • Options
    Piss off Riga.
    The best part of the day was lugging 8 pints down my throat on the boat.
  • Options
    iamdan said:

Piss off Riga.
    The best part of the day was lugging 8 pints down my throat on the boat.

Good work, I think we only managed six, wish it had been more.
  • Options
    Best part of my day was the eye candy behind the bar in the Weatherspoons and the 4 or 5 pints I drank .Riga your no better then the other tossers before you
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

Getting a bit exasperated talking to José now.

It seems totally hopeless to me, but I guess he has to remain positive until we're down.

He's ever so slightly better at pretending to be a football manager than Fraeye was
  • Options
    So deluded ... "Mr Riga, the men in white coats are waiting for you outside"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2016
    LouisMend said:

It seems totally hopeless to me, but I guess he has to remain positive until we're down.

Lennie got us out of tighter spots (albeit with a team with passion) so of course Jose will talk with confidence. He has to.
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

I note that, for someone who I his own man (he says), he managed to avoid saying the squad was too weak this season.

Almost laughed when he said the result wad not deserved, as if you can neither score nor defend set-pieces....
  • Options
    Not much has changed since he came. Sorry to say Riga's appointment was clearly base don him being the only one of Roland's puppets unlikely to spark civil unrest. His record since leaving us speaks volumes and it seems to me he is continuing in the same way with us.

To be fair, it would have taken a very special manager to get us out of the shambles post Fraeye. Unfortunately, Riga is, at best, very ordinary. Not even sure if he's right when we start in League One next August.
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

@LouisMend ... you've spoken to enough managers (mainly our varied selection) to read between the lines. Is Riga going through the motions or does he genuinely believe he can keep us up? Because from where I sit it's not much different to what is was before Christmas (barring the Hull/Huddersfield farces).
  • Options
    Usual platitudes and cliches, same old,same old -cant be bothered to listen to them anymore.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

LouisMend said:

@LouisMend ... you've spoken to enough managers (mainly our varied selection) to read between the lines. Is Riga going through the motions or does he genuinely believe he can keep us up? Because from where I sit it's not much different to what is was before Christmas (barring the Hull/Huddersfield farces).
    Feels like going through the motions to me now. He admitted in the newspapers interviews yesterday that he had completely underestimated the size of the task ahead.

• Options
    He is just another RD puppet, when he was appointed I had a little bit of hope, but that soon evaporated. I cant believe he brings in loan players that are not fit/injured, gets all defenders except for Yaya, then he puts out a team with none of his new signings (except Tex) starting and we still can't defend set pieces!!! He can't even get the basics right!!!
    All he has to say about this is, "we made too many mistakes, didn't score but tried hard!!" Well no shit Sherlock!! If he is in charge next season then we will be in exactly the same place next year, but bottom of League 1 and staring relegation in the face to League 2.
  • Options
    I supported Riga's appointment and I was hoping he could perform another miracle.

But it's not looking likely.
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

mogodon said:

LouisMend said:

Feels like going through the motions to me now. He admitted in the newspapers interviews yesterday that he had completely underestimated the size of the task ahead.

..but we don't have a terrible squad, certainly no worse than MK Dons, Rotherham etc. I am envious of Rotherham with their managerial and coaching set up at least they have a fighting chance, we have a suave, acceptable Roland network man who will slink off after this posting to another job within the company.
  • Options
    Riga couldn't have done his homework if it is only now that he realises the job of managing Charlton is much harder this time around. He has gone down even further in my estimation for this admission.