Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Coaches and support staff

Thought about posting on the player marks thread but decided against.

Henderson is getting slated for poor distribution, for me this used to be a strong part of his game.

When Hendo was injured, I thought Pope's distribution was poor.

To hear Henderson is now weak at this is very depressing and I wonder whether we have cut coaching and support (especially nutrition and Physio) to the point where this is in part responsible for results and the number of injuries.

Anyone got any insights or thoughts on this?

Comments

• Options
    Having seen the goalkeeper coach during the warm up I have a very good idea why.

On that point, I'd encourage more fans to watch our strikers practice their shooting pre match at around 2.30pm By this I mean having an open shot at goal from around 15 yards. The amount that miss the target is outrageous.

No surprise we're in this mess.
  • Options
    To some extent it's a confidence issue, good coaches build that.

To some extent it's an ability issue but I don't think our squad is that shit, Maybe it is.
  • Options
    The whole thing from top to bottom is a steaming pile of shit.
  • Options
    edited February 2016

Thought about posting on the player marks thread but decided against.

Henderson is getting slated for poor distribution, for me this used to be a strong part of his game.

When Hendo was injured, I thought Pope's distribution was poor.

To hear Henderson is now weak at this is very depressing and I wonder whether we have cut coaching and support (especially nutrition and Physio) to the point where this is in part responsible for results and the number of injuries.

Anyone got any insights or thoughts on this?

Good coaches do not necessarily need to have been good players, Lennie Lawrence and Les Reed exemplify that, but it does help.

A goalkeeping coach good enough to have played at the highest level (Ben Roberts) has been replaced by one who has played no higher than Conference level (Lee Turner).

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=13402

Coincidence? You decide.

• Options
    The club is full of cheap second rate people from the boardroom to the coaching staff and including most of the players nicking a living and not giving a shit.

Any decent staff (and please do not give me he is Charlton through and through crap) were either sacked or have seen the light and gone we are left with the dross.
  • Options
    jamescafc said:

Having seen the goalkeeper coach during the warm up I have a very good idea why.

On that point, I'd encourage more fans to watch our strikers practice their shooting pre match at around 2.30pm By this I mean having an open shot at goal from around 15 yards. The amount that miss the target is outrageous.

No surprise we're in this mess.

That was so poor. Took about 20 efforts until one scored. No better in the game itself!