Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD VIDEO: Peter Varney interview on the situation at CAFC (part 3, page 3)

edited February 2016 in General Charlton
First daily instalment - spread the word

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iGlgbHAII8

Comments

• Options
    Clever man is our Peter. A real businessman approaching a couple of clowns about investment was only ever going to end one way. Shame, they should at least hear him out before shrugging it away - not a great indication for us wanting them out.
  • Options
    Cards on the table
  • Options
    Two can play at this game Roland.
  • Options
    Excellent!

Smirking Squirrel, I hope you enjoyed that.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

Just watched it on my MacBook in Starbucks, complete with "Roland Out" sticker on the back. Top work guys and girls.

I think Varney deserves a lot of credit, not only for the way he's helped facilitate the huge shit storm that's been kicked up in recent months, but also for his persistence and the way he's still providing a lot of ammunition for CARD and those fans who want to see a regime change.

I may be clutching at straws, but the way in which he says "I think there will always be [interest in investing at Charlton], because it's a London club" suggests to me that not only do we need to relax about finding a new buyer should Roland pack up, but we also have a Charlton man in Varney who is prepared to act as a middleman to enable any potential purchase to take place.

Bolton Wanderers, a team in a less attractive area, and a team with a little more problems (currently) than us received OVER 50 offers to take over the Club. There was another team recently who received in excess of 30 within weeks. Charlton would probably receive a lot more than this, if not at least the same amount.

They/nobody can say that we aren't attractive and no one would want us, or wanted us when Roland bought us, the fact of the matter now is Roland will just shun any interest.
  • Options

LuckyReds said:

Just watched it on my MacBook in Starbucks, complete with "Roland Out" sticker on the back. Top work guys and girls.

I think Varney deserves a lot of credit, not only for the way he's helped facilitate the huge shit storm that's been kicked up in recent months, but also for his persistence and the way he's still providing a lot of ammunition for CARD and those fans who want to see a regime change.

I may be clutching at straws, but the way in which he says "I think there will always be [interest in investing at Charlton], because it's a London club" suggests to me that not only do we need to relax about finding a new buyer should Roland pack up, but we also have a Charlton man in Varney who is prepared to act as a middleman to enable any potential purchase to take place.

Bolton Wanderers, a team in a less attractive area, and a team with a little more problems (currently) than us received OVER 50 offers to take over the Club. There was another team recently who received in excess of 30 within weeks. Charlton would probably receive a lot more than this, if not at least the same amount.

They/nobody can say that we aren't attractive and no one would want us, or wanted us when Roland bought us, the fact of the matter now is Roland will just shun any interest.
    Jesus, I was not aware quite how high the demand for football clubs was. I know it sounds stupid when you see them get flogged for silly money, but in reality want kind of mentalist really has the money and desire to buy a football club?!

Those are definitely powerful numbers to silence the usual "Well who else is going to put their money in and buy us?" argument. An argument that appears to be the primary way of arguing against the protesters, but one that actually provides no argument against what we're protesting for - instead it simply suggests that we should stick with the best of a bad bunch.
  • Options
    Any football club with decent support in a big city is a potential passport to huge premier league wealth,look at Leicester.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My only worry is that with Varneys understandable and continued support/input into things regarding the ownership issues - it will deter Roland & co fr doing business with him...
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Anyone still think there is no viable alternative to Duchatalet?

Time to wake up and smell the coffee!

I hate that "who else is going to buy us?" nonsense. How many multi-millionaires do you personally know?!
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

My only worry is that with Varneys understandable and continued support/input into things regarding the ownership issues - it will deter Roland & co fr doing business with him...

Business is business - it's not a problem.
  • Options
    Murray needs to feel the heat on Saturday.
  • Options
    A clear msg needs to go out to ALL fans that the boycot needs to stop on Saturday and we need to fill the stadium one last time to protest against this regime!!

It is only £5 game and it is worth giving him the cash to show ON-MASS the scale of the protest!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great to hear it from the horses mouth, well done AB, would love Roland to have this little video somehow emailed to him, so he knows it's not BS.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Tell it like it is that's how a true fan of the club tries to get it back on track and doesn't see fans as customers.
  • Options
    I thought Murray was a fan. A Judas more like.

As for our cnut of an owner. The sooner he fucks off the better.
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

Uncle Roland: You lot are all keen on Varney's investment now, but what if they turn out to be Chinese?!?!?

GASP!

;-)

Bah! The Belgian owners we have haven't even bothered to put some decent beers behind the bars! I wonder if new Chinese owners would bring in some decent grub?
  • Options
    Good video, hope the 5pm protest is well attended.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    quote here for you RD, just something to ponder when you're forking out £27.50 to bring the next injured, unfit loanee in to an already demoralised squad:

"The 20 top-flight teams in English football will share £5.136bn for live domestic TV coverage from next season, with even the bottom club getting £99m."
  • Options
    Very good, encouraging to hear
  • Options
    Anyone emailed it to Roly? (See other thread)