Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tony Cottee: relegation for Charlton

After watching Charlton on Saturday for Sky West Ham legend Tony Cottee says he cannot see a way back for Charlton after they suffered a 3-0 defeat at Fulham on Saturday.
When asked whether there is any hope of a relegation escape, the former England striker told Sky Sports: “Not from what I’ve seen.
“I’ve watched them a few times this year and they’ve got a few decent players coming through. But they’ve got to stop swapping managers and start picking up results.
Cottee, who made over 200 league appearances for West Ham, added: “It was a strange game, I thought Charlton were the better team in the first half.

“But their defending from set-pieces was awful.

“I really fear for Charlton, they’re going through managers and not performing well. But saying that it was a big performance for Fulham.”

Comments

• Options
    Stating the bleedin' obvious.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    For the first time in ages, I now feel quite confident.

This is the Tony Cottee who said he was shocked by the appointment of Ranieri at Leicester; the one who was adamant that Vaz Te would be a success at Charlton...

We are saved! But seriously why anybody pays Cottee for his opinions is beyond comprehension.
  • Options
    The banal nature of sky soccer Saturday pundits is remarkable ; people keep watching, however
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

The banal nature of sky soccer Saturday pundits is remarkable ; people keep watching, however

People watch it to find out how their teams are getting on and the brilliance of Jeff Stelling. It's one of those programs that the pundits are largely irrelevant
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

For the first time in ages, I now feel quite confident.

This is the Tony Cottee who said he was shocked by the appointment of Ranieri at Leicester; the one who was adamant that Vaz Te would be a success at Charlton...

We are saved! But seriously why anybody pays Cottee for his opinions is beyond comprehension.

Most people were shocked by the appointment of Ranieri to be fair. As for Vaz Te I've got nothing.