Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Are we killing charlton

I know RD is making us a laughing stock but from the amount of fans saying they are not going to Charlton till the club is sold are we not killing Charlton ourselves. Its alright saying that they will come back as and when RD sells the club but with west ham offering cheap tickets how many fans will ever return. I'd sooner have a club still playing than no club at all tho I still want RD out

Comments

• Options
    RD's deluded, misplaced vision/experiment is killing the club anyway.

if something is not done now, in two years time when he is still in charge and we are in the lower reaches of L1 or even L2, we can't look back and think "what if?"
  • Options
    iamdan said:

50,000 of us put in £6k each, we'll have the club back.

Only if Roland wanted to sell.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    redmick said:

I know RD is making us a laughing stock but from the amount of fans saying they are not going to Charlton till the club is sold are we not killing Charlton ourselves. Its alright saying that they will come back as and when RD sells the club but with west ham offering cheap tickets how many fans will ever return. I'd sooner have a club still playing than no club at all tho I still want RD out

You have a point.

If the valley was packed out every week and the atmosphere was buzzing and intimidating for opposition...then our performances on the pitch may have more conviction etc.

It works both ways though and would be really hard to achieve something like that at present. It has quite frankly simply become boring, repetitive and depressing even for the most passionate fan to hang on to.

I don't even think Portsmouth fans would sing through this (though they would probably be more consistent in general support)....and that sounds like the most ridiculous sentence ever considering what they went through. They still have more pride.

We have a "Different kind of shit" that only Leige fans can borderline relate to. The club is being destroyed from the internal heart and the worst part is, its all self inflicted, completely stupid and completely madly direction-less (if that is a word)

Our only bad luck is the fact that our owner is a careless moron. We could have been so much better if managed from the top with more common sense and thoughtful sensible heads, which would still probably more or less produce roughly the exact same financial losses per year.
  • Options

iamdan said:

Only if Roland wanted to sell.

You bring the chair, arm and leg restraints.
  • Options
    iamdan said:

Or we could just take out a loan against the club like the Glazers did? Doesn't sound like you need to have money to run the club anyways, just keep putting it into more and more debt and drive the fans away. Winning formula right there
  • Options

iamdan said:

Or we could just take out a loan against the club like the Glazers did? Doesn't sound like you need to have money to run the club anyways, just keep putting it into more and more debt and drive the fans away. Winning formula right there
    Who supplies the debt?
  • Options
    Daggs said:

If they would rather be at West Ham, they ain't Charlton fans.

What is the benefit of being a charlton fan then?
  • Options

The fans killing Charlton?

Good one

That's like getting punched in the face and apologising for your nose getting InThe way of his fist

Not that I'm suggesting it's the right or the wrong thing to do, but writing to sponsors and suggesting they abandon their sponsorship of the club could be construed as an attempt on the life of our club.
  • Options
    No we are not killing the club as "joint enterprise" has now been binned and we haven't got the weapon in our hands. I suppose we could be an accessory after the fact.

But, sometimes you just have to be cruel to be kind. At the moment, if Charlton was a cat, you'd take it down the Vet and have it put out of its misery.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fiiish said:

Unbelievable, you fans are all mouth and no trousers. All this big talk of buying the club but no one has the stones to stump up £60 million. Pathetic.

Cheery soul.

• Options

For me, We're only Charlton in name at the moment , the club is completely rudderless, severely lacking in direction and vision, and worst of all taking the complete phish with the fans with regards to the lies that have been told.

Any decent well run company would have axed our ceo ages ago, this is the first time i have ever had a complete and utter loathing of the people running our club, Roland is so out of touch with what's going on over here it's frightening, how much longer will this madness go on?

Mendonca has articulated exactly how I feel - Charlton in name only - the club as we knew it is gone or at least reduced to a footnote. In an earlier post elsewhere I said that the owner had created a year zero at the time he took over and has consigned our history to the dustbin and re-invented the club in his fashion. Katrien Nightmeire said as much in her L'Echo interview in Belgium quote: "I know I shouldn't say this but I don't care about the history of the club". She also doesn't care about the fans and is interested seemingly in promoting only a short-sighted good customer experience on a game-to-game basis and the longer-term grooming of youth players to sell to the Prem. When the despicable duo are gone the club will need to be re-built across the many areas which have been destroyed. The fans, so arrogantly dismissed by Meire will pay a big part in this as they have before when the The Valley was taken away from us.
  • Options

The fans killing Charlton?

Good one

That's like getting punched in the face and apologising for your nose getting InThe way of his fist

Don't tempt me to punch you in the face ;)
  • Options
    No one didn't want to see this work. I welcomed RD upon arrival with hope and excitement.

Was actually willing to back the experiment until they sacked Luzon, despite that wrenching gut feeling he is a clueless fool and how many mistakes previously made

You might think the level of anger/frustration is detrimental, but for me it's cause and effect, nothing more

• Options
    edited February 2016
    My 14 year old son has told me he no longer wants to go, he is not enjoying it, a club with out any ambition is not something I can support either. The owner and his management are terrible. This is not our doing is it.

We are thinking of some non-league, some golf, local away games next season.
  • Options
    So if 50,000 of us put in £6k each that'd be, um, £300m.

We could set up some sort of feeder club network with that. Oh.