Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RIP V festival

2»

Comments

• Options
    I assume everyone who wants to go will go, and everyone who doesn't will moan about it on message boards, with the exception of bieber, I could listen to most of that having teenage kids doesn't leave much choice ;-)
  • Options
    What a pony line-up.

I'm guessing there will be absolutely no one there other than the category of female that NLA worries about so much?

The really tragic thing is I've never had any need to attend V. I can hear it all sitting in my back garden and then just trot back indoors to get a cold one every now and again. This year, I'll be trying to avoid having to listen to that dross.
  • Options

Greenie said:

I assume everyone who wants to go will have to be accompanied by their parents

Sounds like a nudge and a wink to Junior , don't be afraid just ask him
    Great shout, made me laugh that one........
    *Doffs Cap
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Don't need much of an excuse to avoid Essex, but that does it well enough! :smile:

God knows what Jake Bugg & Kaisers are doing there! Only others I actually wouldn't mind seeing would be Faithless & Soul II Soul.

Saw Soul II Soul in Manchester on Saturday - brilliant.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    The kids will still go which is who V is aiming the festival at.

Rock music is pretty dead right now, there aren't the upcoming bands that there used to be. Pop, EDM and grime in the Uk are the most popular genres amongst the kids.
  • Options
    Never heard of them. And why are Brian Poole and the Tremeloes not there?

Or Geno Washington and the Ram Jam Band come to that.
  • Options
    There's not much good about getting older but the crock of shit that modern music has become makes me glad I'm not growing up,now and missing out on the excitement of great music
  • Options

There's not much good about getting older but the crock of shit that modern music has become makes me glad I'm not growing up,now and missing out on the excitement of great music

To be fair that's pretty much what my Mum said in the late 1960s as she got another Matt Munro LP out and slipped it on to the radiogram*.

*That's one of these for those that weren't around then:

• Options

The kids will still go which is who V is aiming the festival at.

Rock music is pretty dead right now, there aren't the upcoming bands that there used to be. Pop, EDM and grime in the Uk are the most popular genres amongst the kids.

Reading/download get 80k+ crowds, hardly dead.
  • Options
    V has always had a shit line-up in recent years - this one if anything slightly less shit than some of the preceding ones
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:

V has always had a shit line-up in recent years - this one if anything slightly less shit than some of the preceding ones

But have they ever had such a weak headliner as Bieber though ?
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Went to the first V festival Blur headlined and were their usual brilliant selves, Divine Comedy & Pavement superb. Can't see myself making this one me thinks

Ha! That was v98 :) The Prodigy headlined the other night, and after three "songs" I went to see the Bluetones on the other stage. A decision I have never regretted (but often lied about)
    It was actually V97 that Blur played....?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Leuth said:

Depends what you class as weak?

Musically he's toilet....following wise you dont get much bigger. V has been commercial now for ages, its all about numbers through the gates and merchandise sold.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Leuth said:

If you look here, I think the answer is No

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_Festival

• Options
    Last year's line-up is pretty much the worst music ever assembled
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    MrOneLung said:

MrOneLung said:

Leuth said:

If you look here, I think the answer is No

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_Festival

I'd argue Calvin Harris is a worse headliner than Bieber. Or having both the Killer and Kings of Leon headline twice in 3 years.
  • Options
    As are all the preceding years I mean my god it's awful. This year really isn't as bad. Bieber a massive improvement on quite a few of them. Seriously. And I don't like him.
  • Options

McBobbin said:

Went to the first V festival Blur headlined and were their usual brilliant selves, Divine Comedy & Pavement superb. Can't see myself making this one me thinks

Ha! That was v98 :) The Prodigy headlined the other night, and after three "songs" I went to see the Bluetones on the other stage. A decision I have never regretted (but often lied about)
    It was actually V97 that Blur played....?
    So it was. They all roll into one. I'd blame the drugs except i dont take them. It'll be age then. V98 was James Brown and the charlatans!
  • Options
    The line-up looks more like Going Live Beach party
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Looks like a decent line up to me, except for bastille who at boardmasters were shocking

I can't quite pin down what I don't like about Bastille, but the closest I can come is to describe their music as awkward and the vocals as unco-ordinated. Still, I wasn't planning on going to this year's V.
  • Options
    Brentwood Festival brentwoodfestival.co.uk
    Not so big, maybe not so clever.
    Still a good day out.
  • Options
    I had an epiphany at v09 whilst listening to the background drivel and looking at the type of people there this event was not for me. I've camped there a couple of times and the time previous was 98. 09 resulted in a fist fight, banging 1 girl and finger blasting another whilst taking in MGMT a huge barney with security and then deciding I would no longer be doing any festival aside from one that banned wannabe Essex extras and screeching pissed birds yelling that they're drinks had been spiked after a day boozing in august bank holiday heat.

It was at the point travelling home after abandoning all my gear listening to a couple blast on about how awesome snow patrol are and what great headliners they were I realised I was too old/punchy/grumpy for a weekend in that particular park in Chelmsford
  • Options
    Carter said:

I had an epiphany at v09 whilst listening to the background drivel and looking at the type of people there this event was not for me. I've camped there a couple of times and the time previous was 98. 09 resulted in a fist fight, banging 1 girl and finger blasting another whilst taking in MGMT a huge barney with security and then deciding I would no longer be doing any festival aside from one that banned wannabe Essex extras and screeching pissed birds yelling that they're drinks had been spiked after a day boozing in august bank holiday heat.

It was at the point travelling home after abandoning all my gear listening to a couple blast on about how awesome snow patrol are and what great headliners they were I realised I was too old/punchy/grumpy for a weekend in that particular park in Chelmsford

Sounds entertaining at least. Perhaps I should stop going with my wife?
  • Options
    Never really got festivals. Love live music but I never feel it is better outdoors. Saw Joy Formidable at a small venue in Hackney tonight. Loved it. Really don't care that at 62 I looked like an old git.
  • Options
    For those festival skeptics out there
  • Options
    Was supposed to go to this one back in 2000 but went on a mad one the week before and spunked all my dough so sold my ticket. Gutted. What a line up. One of my biggest regrets.
  • Options

Was supposed to go to this one back in 2000 but went on a mad one the week before and spunked all my dough so sold my ticket. Gutted. What a line up. One of my biggest regrets.

That was a decent one if I remember!
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Nothing beats the first one

None of those crap pop bands in sight.