Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Does Roland really liken himself to Alan Turing?

I have read somewhere on this forum that Roland Duchatelet believes he is a latter day Alan Turing.
Well, Roland, Alan Turing was a homosexual who endured chemical castration before committing suicide. Good luck with that.

Comments

• Options
    He also had an incredible sense of bad timing, so I can see the similarity.
  • Options
    Apart from being an absolute genius, Turing was borderline Autistic and couldn't communicate with anyone....sound familiar?
  • Options
    Not like Turing, much more like Rasputin (the mad Russian monk).
    He was also very difficult to get rid of!
  • Options
    I admire & respect visionaries, unfortunately this fella gets neither from me & can do one.
  • Options
    I think Duchatelet compared himself to Turing because he believes he is a visionary that is not understood at his time. Duchatelet genuinely believes that we will thank him in 30 years time, we are just too stupid to understand what he is doing at the moment.
  • Options
    There was a translated interview in Trust news I believe, not really just about football, where from memory Roland dismisses at a stroke fans on message boards, and reckons Turing was (like him) a misunderstood genius, and that he has been telling the wider world stuff for years but (sigh) they (the wider world) never listen.
    This is from memory, perhaps some kind soul can link it up.
  • Options
    Yep, he's a real visionary is our Roland.

• Options
    Seth Plum - sounds like the deluded David Icke to me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If that's his vision, he most definitely should have gone to Specsavers.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Yes it is in Trust news 10. which you can read on the trust website in the archive section.
    http://www.castrust.org/news/newsletters/

The interview does not talk about football, and was done by Douglas a belgian journalist who has interviewed RD before.

Turing was without doubt a 'visionary' , and to the shame of the british government his role and contribution to the enigma code breaker,in the war was for too long overlooked by the establishment because of his sexual lifestyle.

I think it best to describe him as a 'tortured soul' and people should remember that in those days homosexuality was illegal. As it happens one of my former editors at the bbc a radio 3 producer at the time, and activist had interviewed the man himself on a series for radio three called 'machines with minds', My fellow editor died a few years ago, but I do recall him mentioning him, in the 1980s when the work at Bletchley was not fully acknowledged. Frankly I found RD's connection to Turin as rather bizarre. Perhaps he was trying to tell people something.......!
  • Options
    Didn't the Beatles once claim they were more popular than God? Didn't Oasis once claim they were more popular than the Beatles?

I think this 'claim' just about sums Roland up. Deluded!

Either that or he's smoking something that's a tad too strong for him.

• Options
    John Lennon said the Beatles were more popular than Jesus.
  • Options
    Who honestly likens themselves to anyone???
  • Options
    I liken myself to a thoroughly disillusioned and unhappy Charlton supporter
  • Options
    he said Alan Titchmarsh.
  • Options
    He also says in the article 'like many people, I know that our solar system won't exist in five billion years'.

Now thats a visionary.

I can't fecking see five billion years hence, Roland you have us all 'trumped'.
  • Options

John Lennon said the Beatles were more popular than Jesus.

And he wasn't actually all that pleased about it (then.)
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    That's funny, I don't remember Alan Turing effing up a football club...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I liken myself to a thoroughly disillusioned and unhappy Charlton supporter

That's me you're talking about.
  • Options
    Presumably in 30 years time Roland's genius will have been recognised and we'll have his face on a note. 
  • Options
    Let’s look on the bright side; it is thought that Alan Turing killed himself.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    That was a close shave. Alan Turing will be featured on the new £50 note...i wonder if there was a contest between him and Duchatelet?
  • Options
    clive said:
    Computer pioneer and codebreaker Alan Turing will feature on the new design of the Bank of England's £50 note.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48962557
    Glad that he's got the recognition.
  • Options
    alicwkd said:
    Presumably in 30 years time Roland's genius will have been recognised and we'll have his face on a note. 
    Notes like these maybe?

• Options
    Macronate said:
    he said Alan Partridge Titchmarsh.