Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Simon Makienok v Simon Church

Who's shots are weaker?

Comments

• Options
    Both piss poor
  • Options
    Both shite
  • Options
    Imagine them in the same side. Big Mak winning the headers for Churchinho to run onto.

Big mistake letting him go.
  • Options
    Mak is a poor mans sponge foot.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Seriously - who gives a shit anymore. These threads where we slag off our own players don't have the impact they used to. They are all pretty much useless.
  • Options
    Reckon I could score more than either, 60+ with dodgy hammies.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

Behave, Mak is about 3,000 times as good as Church

This.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

This
  • Options
    Both poor

But would have Church all day long
  • Options
    If you want to compare anyone in our squad with Simon Church its got to be Reza... Runs after the ball, closes the opposition down yet when it comes to doing the nitty gritty stuff between the Midfield and Attack you know he's not going to come out on top
  • Options
    Both awful Championship strikers who are crap at most things. No doubt we'll sign Makienok for £1.5m in the summer.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

This
  • Options

If you want to compare anyone in our squad with Simon Church its got to be Reza... Runs after the ball, closes the opposition down yet when it comes to doing the nitty gritty stuff between the Midfield and Attack you know he's not going to come out on top

I still prefer Reza because... Well... :heart: REZA :heart:
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Dazzler21 said:

I still prefer Reza because... Well... :heart: REZA :heart:
    Enjoy Reza and Mak whilst they're still here :wink:
  • Options
    Just remember in League One we're going to need a player like Makienok... I watched Southend v Burton on Monday night, the pitch was awful and the ball didnt stay on the ground that long or often.

Deon Burton / Akpo Sodje / Tresor Kandel (shudder) / Paul Hayes / Yann Kermorgant (Sob) could all battle in the air for the ball.

Would we really want to rely on KAG or Umerah doing that at their age?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2016

Just remember in League One we're going to need a player like Makienok... I watched Southend v Burton on Monday night, the pitch was awful and the ball didnt stay on the ground that long or often.

Deon Burton / Akpo Sodje / Tresor Kandel (shudder) / Paul Hayes / Yann Kermorgant (Sob) could all battle in the air for the ball.

No mate but what's Mak's price tag likely to be? £2m was mentioned previously! Not sure I've heard anything about him being on a free? Also depends if someone is prepared to meet Palermo's asking price.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

No mate but what's Mak's price tag likely to be? £2m was mentioned previously! Not sure I've heard anything about him being on a free? Also depends if someone is prepared to meet Palermo's asking price.
    Which overall is the sticking point when it comes to Big Mak and makes me think he wont be with us next season.

Reckon he wouldnt have an issue staying, i.e. someone above says that he's "attention seeking" but dont see it myself
  • Options
    makienok cannot head a fucking football would probably get outjumped by jimmy krankie, at least church as some say was a likeable bloke. who always tried just didnt have the end product.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    He did try last night and won a fair few headers. And set up our goal.
  • Options
    They are both an excuse for a forward, cannot read the game, do not anticipate, have no positional sense and are completely devoid of any ideas on how to create a chance either for themselves or others.........basically they are useless and as for Reza, he plays as though he is on ice and spends more time on his backside than on his feet his best position would be back in Iran......rant over (for now).
  • Options
    Christ we have had some garbage up front in recent times, Simon Church was worse that Makienok IMO at least Mak can hold play up but will never be a 20 goal a season striker. Surprised nobody mentioned Pavel Abbott now he took useless to another level
  • Options
    Both useless, make Leaburn look like Pele!
    Oh for Darren Bent, Mendonca, Andy Hunt, Yann, BWP and Tony Watt!
  • Options
    Rather have Makienok but thats not saying much.
  • Options
    Mak can head the ball, he's had a couple of useless games but generally pretty good in the air and been a monster 2/3 times as well.

He's not bad, but definitely sub <£500k and should be on League 1 wages, so we won't get him.

I think he's a likeable bloke too, for what it's worth.