Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Accrington Stanley Away Roll Call

The one League 1 match I'm looking forward to!

Comments

• Options
    Accrington who ?
  • Options
    Three new grounds in there at the moment for me, all of whom are in the promotion or relegation positions. Could do with Accrington and Mansfield coming up.
  • Options
    Looking forward to this one
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Yeah can't wait to hear the oppo fans signing 'you're not famous anymore' to us :disappointed: .
  • Options
    edited February 2016

really when were we ever famous

When we were last in the Prem plus It's a bit of sarcasm mate.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    I've got five new ones currently.

It's the home games that are really depressing in League One.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My best mate lives in Northampton so looking forward to playing them.
  • Options
    My mate lives in Bermondsey, looking forward to play 'them'...
  • Options
    Have to admit its a huge achievement from Accrington Stanley if they do make it into League One as they've mostly been a relegation battler in League Two (apart from when John Coleman was previously in charge and got them into the Play-Offs one season).

Hope it doesnt cause them to implode like it did for Yeovil Town when they reached the Championship, according to their Chairman it was the worst thing that could have happened to them (financially) and is the reason why they're now struggling in League Two
  • Options

Accrington who ?

Dr Livingstone?
  • Options

My best mate lives in Northampton so looking forward to playing them.

He probably isn't (:
  • Options
    an interesting clip from 'wiki' re the history of Accrington professional football ...

'The original town club, Accrington, was amongst the twelve founder members of the Football League in 1888, before resigning from the league after just five years. A team called Stanley Villa already existed at the time, named as such because they were based at the Stanley W.M.C. on Stanley Street in Accrington. With the demise of Accrington, Stanley Villa took the town name to become Accrington Stanley.[citation needed]

Since leaving Peel Park, the club has played at the Crown Ground. The ground has undergone expansion in recent years, including a new roof section on the Clayton End Terrace as well as a new hospitality suite. Despite these and a number of other recent improvements the ground remains one of the poorest in League Two and talks are still ongoing with a view to a permanent move to a new stadium located in Church, a small town bordering Accrington'

• Options
    I'm gonna guess..

1500 on a Saturday.
    500 on a Tuesday
    600 on a Tuesday when Meire gets desperate and offers free coaches.

Count me in though, new ground and all that.
  • Options

an interesting clip from 'wiki' re the history of Accrington professional football ...

'The original town club, Accrington, was amongst the twelve founder members of the Football League in 1888, before resigning from the league after just five years. A team called Stanley Villa already existed at the time, named as such because they were based at the Stanley W.M.C. on Stanley Street in Accrington. With the demise of Accrington, Stanley Villa took the town name to become Accrington Stanley.[citation needed]

Since leaving Peel Park, the club has played at the Crown Ground. The ground has undergone expansion in recent years, including a new roof section on the Clayton End Terrace as well as a new hospitality suite. Despite these and a number of other recent improvements the ground remains one of the poorest in League Two and talks are still ongoing with a view to a permanent move to a new stadium located in Church, a small town bordering Accrington'

Visited Peel Park on the way back from the 4-4 draw at Burnley in the 70s ,you could still make out the old turnstiles and where the pitch was.Would love to go to there new ground.
  • Options
    A huge away following for the first game of the session would be great.

Until the game kicks off, obviously.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Accrington who ?

Exactly!
  • Options

Accrington who ?

we need to sign Ian Rush to really rub it in

• Options
    Accrington need to get promoted first
  • Options

Accrington need to get promoted first

Or just wait another year in league 2 for us.
  • Options
    edited February 2016

had some of my best ever away days at the so called poxy little clubs, Scunthorpe, Carlisle, Walsall, Yeovil, Notts County, Port Vale, Colchester, etc etc. Grimsby on a Tuesday night. Done them all. Actually, Grimsby was a bit shit, but the rest of them? Loved it. I'll go anywhere to follow my club, don't care what league they're in. Some of the football snobbery on here makes me laugh. I hope Accrington go up, I would love to go there next season. It's an iconic club, what with the 80's milk advert and that.

Thanks MillwallFan. You're getting us excited for next season in League 1 !
  • Options

had some of my best ever away days at the so called poxy little clubs, Scunthorpe, Carlisle, Walsall, Yeovil, Notts County, Port Vale, Colchester, etc etc. Grimsby on a Tuesday night. Done them all. Actually, Grimsby was a bit shit, but the rest of them? Loved it. I'll go anywhere to follow my club, don't care what league they're in. Some of the football snobbery on here makes me laugh. I hope Accrington go up, I would love to go there next season. It's an iconic club, what with the 80's milk advert and that.

That's just something that someone who's already been relegated would say, if you lot go up it'll be "enjoy Accrington haha".
  • Options

That's just something that someone who's already been relegated would say, if you lot go up it'll be "enjoy Accrington haha".
    Never. I said one of the positives of us getting relegated for me was that I get to do a few grounds/towns I haven't done yet done. When people on here said "enjoy Burton" when we went down I replied that I would! And I wasn't joking! As it happens I couldn't get to Burton and was a bit gutted about that. I'd like to say I'd do it next season but they look nailed on for promotion (something I predicted before the season started).

• Options

Never. I said one of the positives of us getting relegated for me was that I get to do a few grounds/towns I haven't done yet done. When people on here said "enjoy Burton" when we went down I replied that I would! And I wasn't joking! As it happens I couldn't get to Burton and was a bit gutted about that. I'd like to say I'd do it next season but they look nailed on for promotion (something I predicted before the season started).

League One next season will have to go some to be worse than this season - so you may be right.
  • Options

Have to admit its a huge achievement from Accrington Stanley if they do make it into League One as they've mostly been a relegation battler in League Two (apart from when John Coleman was previously in charge and got them into the Play-Offs one season).

Hope it doesnt cause them to implode like it did for Yeovil Town when they reached the Championship, according to their Chairman it was the worst thing that could have happened to them (financially) and is the reason why they're now struggling in League Two

I'd say Yeovil are a bigger club than Accrington though. They certainly have a bigger catchment area and healthier crowds because of it. Accrington is sandwiched between burnley and Blackburn and are surrounded by a good half a dozen league clubs in the NW as well as having to compete with the likes of the scouse clubs and the big Manc clubs.