Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ah the Old Prem 1&2 Debate is back!!!

Lifted from the sun article Here

He (Peter Varney) said: “I have always believed in a Premiership One and Premiership Two, which would be made up of the Championship clubs.

Interesting quote this now- I'm not sure on my views, regarding Prem 1&2 now, certainly it was a step up 10 years ago- but is it now?

Comments

• Options
    Obviously it's a good idea now we've been relegated.

How about - and this is a controversial one - a league of four divisions, with money from the top division helping the lower divisions? You could call them Division One, Division Two, etc.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]Obviously it's a good idea now we've been relegated.

How about - and this is a controversial one - a league of four divisions, with money from the top division helping the lower divisions? You could call them Division One, Division Two, etc.
    That flaming flag's gone to your head. You bloody revolutionary!
  • Options
    What would be the difference between having a Prem 1 and Prem 2, and having a Prem and a Championship? Whats the point in the change if you're using Championship teams to form Prem 2?

Fantastic idea Inspector Sands, but I can't see it catching on!
  • Options
    It would probably mean a smaller Premier league 1, the top 4 would push for just 16 clubs.

It might be a good thing to have more fluidity between the two ie. more teams relegated/promoted, eg. five or six moving each way say, which maybe could help bridge the gulf between the two levels at the moment and stamp down on mid-table malaise?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]Obviously it's a good idea now we've been relegated.

and jumpers for goalposts?