Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lookman signs to 2020

Or until big offer comes in say cynics

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-ademola-lookman-new-contract-2972048.aspx#E0Fs6svwP5eCbBZw.99

Just Reza now and we've got all our stars on long contracts, transfermarket.com says the strategy of M. Duchatelet is working and all is for the best in the best of all possible worlds

Comments

• Options

didnt Scott Parker sign a 4 year deal about 3 weeks before he left ?

And we got £10m for him
  • Options

didnt Scott Parker sign a 4 year deal about 3 weeks before he left ?

And refused to train and play.
  • Options
    Fits the Duchatelet model, sign them up and give them assurances they will be sold. Gomez signed a "long term deal" before leaving. I'm sure Duchatelet will be delighted, his sale will minimise the losses.
  • Options
    Well done Ademola. Even if there is a release clause, it shows a bit of class that he didn't just throw his toys around about being Billy Big Bollocks.
  • Options
    good news ..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Someone told me last week that knows his dad there will be a release clause of £8m. Just what I heard.
  • Options
    I'm pleased, but don't doubt RD will trouser the fee, if Lookman leaves before him.
  • Options
    Won't mean a thing. He will be gone in the summer.
  • Options

Someone told me last week that knows his dad there will be a release clause of £8m. Just what I heard.

If true that is only good news.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

If true that is only good news.
    For some Belgian multi-millionaire it is, yes.
  • Options
    When we are relegated he deserves to move to a better run club regardless of how long his contract is for - he'd be a wasted talent in league 1
  • Options
    It's good news and no one knows if he will be sold in the summer, if you do can I have the lottery numbers for tonight please
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It is purely to guarantee us a fee in the summer sadly.

But if £8m is true then we can't really grumble. He's cost us next to nothing and League 1 is not the place for him. He's got the look of an Arsenal/Tottenham player all day long if you ask me.
  • Options

It's good news and no one knows if he will be sold in the summer, if you do can I have the lottery numbers for tonight please

For me personally, the issue is not whether he is sold. We have always been a selling club, even when 4th in the Premier League. It's where the money will go that is a far more terrifying prospect. Even if the money is re-invested in the squad, does anyone really trust the current scouting set up and management to build a squad capable of surviving in the Championship or League 1?
  • Options

For me personally, the issue is not whether he is sold. We have always been a selling club, even when 4th in the Premier League. It's where the money will go that is a far more terrifying prospect. Even if the money is re-invested in the squad, does anyone really trust the current scouting set up and management to build a squad capable of surviving in the Championship or League 1?
    You can buy a lot of 2nd division french and Belgium players for 8m, especially if they haven't played for a while and aren't fit.
    Or it will fill the gap in the ledger to cover all of the losses from this season and next...
  • Options
    "They've done something right
    they've done something right
    How wrong must we be*
    They've done something right"

*Poetic licence invoked
  • Options

How wrong must we be*

*Poetic licence invoked

They have indeed
    A something most clubs do most weeks but still an good thing which they have tried to milk.

Notice that KM is talking again.
  • Options
    Will he still be here come August and what will happen to the transfer money?. Answers on a postcard to RD and KM (e-mails clearly don't get there).
  • Options

How wrong must we be*

*Poetic licence invoked

They have indeed
    A something most clubs do most weeks but still an good thing which they have tried to milk.

Notice that KM is talking again.
    Nonsense. I refuse to accept they have done anything right - ever. And I'll scweam and scweam until I'm blue in the face before I'll be forced to think otherwise. I'm in CARD mode and will not budge!!
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Even if this means we sell him for more, the club wont get the money, and even if they got £8mill and pumped it back into transfers (as if) what sort of crap would they sign. Heskey's contract at Bolton must be up soon, maybe they'll get him, but only if he hasn't played for a year.

What should be good news is completely tempered by the fact we have complete and utter buffoons in charge who seemingly have no idea how to run a business and are more interested in bouncy castles and pitch side furnishings.

Just piss off and buy a leisure centre for all your hair brained ideas! Arsehats
  • Options
    Poor lad. Looks like he is going to be sick in the picture on OS.