Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Quigg v Frampton

13»

Comments

• Options
    Really poor fight for first 7 rounds, Frampton took it on my score card as Quigg did nothing first half. Would of preferred the draw as I has a fiver on it at 22-1
  • Options
    He's drawn before by starting slow. He is a fantastically conditioned fighter so it's probably a mental thing thinking he can outlast whoever he is in with.

Draw would have been a fair result
  • Options
    Pleased for Frampton. Close fight but Frampton win was the correct call from the judges
  • Options
    Also, is there any particular reason that you are not too keen on Frampton @nth london addick ?
  • Options

Also, is there any particular reason that you are not too keen on Frampton @nth london addick ?

Pre fight build up. NLA is sky's dream punter he loves to hate a pantomime villain
  • Options
    Reminded me of the Salinas fight. Quigg started slow, came on late for a draw.
    Had it 7-5 Frampton. Quigg lost it by not starting soon enough. Thought Carl was fucked in 11 but recovered that last round. If on,y Quigg had started sooner...
  • Options
    Not sure how anyone can hate either fighter, both seem very decent men and a credit to the sport, it was great to see their reaction at the end of the fight.

All of the pre fight bollocks is just PR drivel to drive interest.
  • Options
    Was trying to watch this and the UFC at the same time. Ended up watching the UFC which was brilliant and only saw the end of the (boring) boxing, so was quite surprised by scorecards!

Doubt Frampton will give Quigg a rematch.
  • Options

Was trying to watch this and the UFC at the same time. Ended up watching the UFC which was brilliant and only saw the end of the (boring) boxing, so was quite surprised by scorecards!

Doubt Frampton will give Quigg a rematch.

Same here!
  • Options

Frampton on points

Thank you
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Quigg will be kicking himself.

But Monday he'll get a text from uncle eddie saying "your money has just gone in".

And it won't seem so bad.
  • Options
    I wish carts, never taken to him I think he is over hyped plays the doing it for my nation card. I think he Is a terribly limited fighter, he won tonight bit only because quigg froze or got the tactics so wrong, Hampton did nothing to win that fight at all, not saying quigg did or it wasn't a fair result, but it proved to me that Frampton is shit offers no power no skills and apart from his embank style showmanship he is an average fighter,

Quigg when he wanted to punched him back and took the fight totally when he chose to, it's question as to why he didn't do it from Rd two or three not 6 or 7 ridiculous from quigg he is not a youngster it's going to haunt him for the rest of his life, whilst from now on in we will hear from Barry mc and his little Hampton how great they are, I hate the fucka I really don't like him and I want him to loose every time he fights

Closely run by the hate I have for degale and Coventry city
  • Options
    Joke result boxing has always been bent, end of.
  • Options
    Carl Frampton a limited fighter????!!!

Bellew of the week, NLA.
  • Options
    17 quid not very well spent. A classic example of how the pre-fight hype gets to the 'part-time' boxing fan to make them do the PPV thing at the last minute. Seriously, what on earth was all the fuss about? I ended up flicking over to see if I could find any NFL action to alleviate the boredom!!
  • Options

17 quid not very well spent. A classic example of how the pre-fight hype gets to the 'part-time' boxing fan to make them do the PPV thing at the last minute. Seriously, what on earth was all the fuss about? I ended up flicking over to see if I could find any NFL action to alleviate the boredom!!

Scott Quigg liked his dressing so much he didn't come out until the 7th round.
  • Options
    How can anyone hate Frampton Is beyond me. Both fighters are gents.

In the dressing room Frampton suggested fighting Rico, I think that would be a bad move! Better of moving up a weight IMO.
  • Options

In the dressing room Frampton suggested fighting Rico, I think that would be a bad move! Better of moving up a weight IMO.

I agree, I think Frampton would be a lot more comfortable if he steps up a weight
  • Options

Better fights.

Walters
    Lomanchenko
    Russell jnr
    Selby
    Santa Cruz
    Warrington.

Plenty of international and domestic competition.

I would like to see Quigg target Donaire as thats a big winnable fight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The interview with James Nesbitt was far more entertaining than the fight. How slaughtered was he?!!
  • Options
    What sid Frampton show, he wasn't quick, he had no power and was gassing from Rd 6,

Quigg showed more in the last 6 than Frampton in the first, but quigg showed fear Imo in the first 6 and was not able for the bog night, either that or the tactics were disgracefully thought out,

Frampton was gifted that fight due to the ridiculous tactics or quigg getting stage fright either way neither fighter cane out looking as good as they could have

Frampton would have lost thar fight had quigg snapped out of it earlier or joe has told him to that he was 4 down instead of waiting till he was 5 or 6 down,

Frampton rightly won no doubt at all but only because he was allowed too due to the reasons stated above, he couldn't hurt quigg, he was not fast handed he showed little offensive attributes and the only positive I could see is the fella can move around the ring nicely
  • Options
    No power?

Quigg has to have surgery on a broken jaw from an uppercut.
  • Options
    I didn't realise that as I haven't heard it mentioned was it in the 12th Rd as quigg never come on after one of Framptons few attacks in the last part of the fight

even so it never seemed to have quigg in trouble he never rocked quigg he never showed that he was hurt in the fight

Unless that was why he kept wiping his nose from Rd two and would explain the extremly slow start

Frampton had the opportunity to absolutely take quigg to pieces he offered so little in that first 5 RDs that If Frampton was all that people say he would've picked quigg off he was there for taking the min, Joe Gallagher said your 6-1 down quigg was shocked and took the fight to Frampton who offered nothing in return and was blowing hard,

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Frampton didn't need to get out of second gear and still won deservedly. Boxing has always been about levels. He's a better boxer than Quigg, end of story. And that's coming from someone who wanted Quigg to win. He was disappointing and only let his hands go when he knew he was several rounds down. Too little, too late.

As someone previously said, the 12th round was telling. After losing the previous three or four, Frampton upped his game a notch and proved his superiority to see the fight out with relative comfort.

Some of the comments on here doubting Frampton's ability are laughable, too. He'd be favourite against any fighter at the weight except Rigondeaux.
  • Options
    Quigg jaw broken was from upper cut in the 4th. Don't remember the shot at the time. Just going by reports
  • Options

Quigg jaw broken was from upper cut in the 4th. Don't remember the shot at the time. Just going by reports

Quigg confirmed this in post fight interview, said he then had to cruise in next couple of rounds so he could evaluate how badly he was hurt.

It does explain why he was so off the pace in next couple of rounds.
  • Options

Quigg confirmed this in post fight interview, said he then had to cruise in next couple of rounds so he could evaluate how badly he was hurt.

It does explain why he was so off the pace in next couple of rounds.
    Doesn't explain why he was off the pace in the first 4 though.