Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tony Blackburn sacked by BBC

2»

Comments

• Options

I have said this a few times before, but it's worth repeating. When Blackburn and David Hamilton were doing the breakfast and morning shows respectively in the very early days of Capital Gold, they used to have quite a lot of banter during the handover - all very Smashy and Nicey - whenever there was a mention of Savile (who was also on Gold at the time) they would play a blast of Gary Pucket's "Young Girl". At the time I just assumed he liked 'em young, but legal. I am guessing that they and others (not just those inside the Beeb) knew a bit more about it.

Pity they didn't have the bollocks to actually do something about it (like alerting the authorities maybe) instead of making a fucking joke of it. Might have saved a few kids from him.

To be fair, part of what is so disgusting about savile etc is that the bloke was pretty obviously by the way he dressed etc a sex offender. Like the guy was deliberately dressing up to the stereotype of a creep, almost mockingly. I would like to think (and I hope!) it was always just a reference to that...
  • Options

I have said this a few times before, but it's worth repeating. When Blackburn and David Hamilton were doing the breakfast and morning shows respectively in the very early days of Capital Gold, they used to have quite a lot of banter during the handover - all very Smashy and Nicey - whenever there was a mention of Savile (who was also on Gold at the time) they would play a blast of Gary Pucket's "Young Girl". At the time I just assumed he liked 'em young, but legal. I am guessing that they and others (not just those inside the Beeb) knew a bit more about it.

Pity they didn't have the bollocks to actually do something about it (like alerting the authorities maybe) instead of making a fucking joke of it. Might have saved a few kids from him.

To be fair, part of what is so disgusting about savile etc is that the bloke was pretty obviously by the way he dressed etc a sex offender. Like the guy was deliberately dressing up to the stereotype of a creep, almost mockingly. I would like to think (and I hope!) it was always just a reference to that...
    That seems highly unlikely if you ask me. If that's correct about that blast of "Young Girl" as mentioned by DM. Then that question needs to be asked.

• Options

That seems highly unlikely if you ask me. If that's correct about that blast of "Young Girl" as mentioned by DM. Then that question needs to be asked.

It was me who mentioned it, and I recall it quite clearly SHG. It definitely happened and more than once.
  • Options
    When will Bill Wyman get a tug ?( I could have worded that better )
  • Options
    They haven't started with the Rock Stars yet, bar Glitter. Page & Lori Maddox springs to mind.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

They haven't started with the Rock Stars yet, bar Glitter. Page & Lori Maddox springs to mind.

Rock stars and musicians tend to have more dough than 70's dj's and tv personalities; like Michael Jackson for example, so things can be hushed up with a little payment imo
  • Options

Addickted said:

Rock stars and musicians tend to have more dough than 70's dj's and tv personalities; like Michael Jackson for example, so things can be hushed up with a little payment imo
    'Life's a shit sandwich......'
  • Options

Addickted said:

Pete townshend

... Where's the book?
    Probably still "researching" it?!?
  • Options
    wonder when the name of the US artist, still touring now will be made public ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    lolwray said:

Give us a clue!
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

lolwray said:

Give us a clue!
    Lionel Blair?
  • Options

It was me who mentioned it, and I recall it quite clearly SHG. It definitely happened and more than once.
    Thankyou.

I wouldn't mind betting this will have slipped under everyone's radar. Pretty bad if there was actually some intent of highlighting Saville in this flippant fashion without any responsibility of reporting what they knew.

• Options
    Anyone who new and said nothing is as big a cunt as Saville IMHO
  • Options

Anyone who new and said nothing is as big a cunt as Saville IMHO

Ever wondered what the C stands for in BBC?
  • Options
    I imagine it was known that Saville liked 'groupies' or the DJ fame dazzled equivalent of, but back in those days that kind of stuff was probably and wrongly the norm.

Surely though, most would have reported Saville if they knew half the awful crimes he was committing.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    I'm old enough to remember those times and, without in any way excusing what went on, they were different times. In my first job (for a high street bank) it was a standing "joke" that the female staff members didn't want to go downstairs to the safe alone with the manager. Unfortunately for me, they started asking me to accompany them, which resulted in him having a problem with me. I assume he could be prosecuted now, but it was unthinkable then.