Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

***SLP: CARD calling for a Season Ticket Boycott***

Comments

• We are gonna be the best supported away team in the 3rd division.

PS. Never had a season ticket and I'm not gonna start now!!

Well done all of you who are making this sacrifice for the cause.
  • My 4 will not be renewing until the owner goes.
  • me + 2 no renew
  • I shall renew as soon as this rotten regime has gone, and not a moment earlier. As I tried to say on another thread, could CARD keep some form of register of ST pledges to reassure prospective new owners that we will be back to support them?
  • edited February 2016

I bought our current seats in the East Stand for my son and myself in January 1988 when I thought we were on the cusp of something good and wanted to make sure we had good seats if we got to the Premiership! That was a good call!

18 years later we are still in the same seats but most of the people from the Premiership years are long gone and only a few old stalwarts still remain.

But sadly, and with a heavy heart, I will be joining the missing ranks next season and not be renewing either ticket. Breaks my heart because my son is now a grown man, with his own life, but the one thing we still do together religiously is come to Charlton. I suspect as we get out of the habit of coming, we will find other things to do and I suspect our time together on a Saturday afternoon will come to an end.

Roland, you are a complete cnut for destroying a Saturday afternoon at the Valley with my son - something that is still precious to me. I don't usually wish people ill but I do you.

Christ, the east stand must have been fun in 1988, you must have been sitting in amongst weeds.
  • Really breaks my heart 55 years supporting, not missed many home games in that time, 30+ years season ticket holder but my 3 not being renewed until the regime is gone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not accurate but going back through the comments so far I counted 65 in total not renewing
  • I shall renew as soon as this rotten regime has gone, and not a moment earlier. As I tried to say on another thread, could CARD keep some form of register of ST pledges to reassure prospective new owners that we will be back to support them?

CARD are meeting next week and we can discuss this then. My personal view is that there are relatively few of us and we are all working hard to do the things we're doing - not sure we have the time to keep a register like this.

Unless someone on here wants to take it on?
  • Davo55 said:

I shall renew as soon as this rotten regime has gone, and not a moment earlier. As I tried to say on another thread, could CARD keep some form of register of ST pledges to reassure prospective new owners that we will be back to support them?

CARD are meeting next week and we can discuss this then. My personal view is that there are relatively few of us and we are all working hard to do the things we're doing - not sure we have the time to keep a register like this.

Might be something for the Trust @Davo55 - see my comments above?

• C4FC4L1f3 said:

I must admit I will probably start going to see Tonbridge Angels to fill the void.

Yea same. Especially if they get promoted. Decent set up down there.
  • Davo55 said:

I shall renew as soon as this rotten regime has gone, and not a moment earlier. As I tried to say on another thread, could CARD keep some form of register of ST pledges to reassure prospective new owners that we will be back to support them?

I am happy to take this on. Perhaps CARD can suggest the level of detail I should be given by those opting out (I am not up to scratch with data protection issues). Perhaps name and "client reference number" would suffice. I await advice.
  • cabbles said:

Not accurate but going back through the comments so far I counted 65 in total not renewing

Hopefully it will get up to 6500.
  • I will not renew whilst Duchbag, Meire and Murray remain destroying the club but will buy one again when the owners change. Havnt spent a penny at the valley since October. Next season will go to some away games.
  • I'm struggling with this. There are 3 season tickets in our house and as much as I say fuck 'em I'm not going, when kick-off is looming the "pang" to attend comes along and I go. I guess that is what 37 years attendance does to you. Assume Meire would find that weird.

Anyway, the point for me is I won't stop going. I can't I suppose. I also don't want to loose my seat (unlikely, but always a chance).

I am on board with the reasons why STs should be boycotted, but ultimately I don't want going to cost us more than it should. If I don't buy one I will end up buying for every home game and being out of pocket and in my mind giving the regime more money.

Tough decision.

exactly my thoughts
  • Sponsored links:

• I haven't been a season ticket holder for a good 10 years now for a variety of reasons but I have tried to go to as many games as I possibly can (even if it has meant dragging myself against my will) but I have only been to one this season (the very first game against QPR...seems like a lifetime ago now) and I sure as hell won't be the owner's pockets any more until he's gone.

All of the above stories are seriously breaking my heart. I can't comprehend how hard it is for someone being a season ticket holder for decades to just stop.

We'll all be back one day though. Mark my words, we'll be back.
  • We won't be renewing out three season tickets until the cowboys get out of town.
  • Macronate said:

won't be renewing but would echo the sentiment that it's got nothing to do with the crapness of the football and the 'fact' we'll be playing L1 football next season. There is no conceivable way we should be in this position and it is solely down to the pathetic business model that we have been exposed to by the moron/s at the top.

will renew as soon as they're gone.

I've never been a season ticket holder but the most I've ever been in a season was our last L1 season, and that was on the back of our lowest ever finish the season before. The reason I decided to go to so many games wasn't because I had some premonition of how good the team would be, but because of the feeling Chris Powell had generated around the club and how much I enjoyed seeing the team that represented Charlton. There were some crap games in there but I never left the ground feeling lost because there was an identity and a feeling that even if we finished 18th it would still be our Charlton. I'd rather see the team down a division with a manager and a plan that we could believe in than continuing on with this dead-alive business model, scraping by every season with the same mistakes being made over and over
  • Large, your parents are Charlton stalwarts. what do they think of all this?
  • Not renewing. For obvious reasons but I have found the acceptance quite liberating. God - there are so many better things to do with a Saturday than watch this shower of shit. Haven't been for ages and don't even miss it. Have spent some great time with the family. If you can't cope with the thought of not sitting down the valley with 2000 others (cos that's what it is looking like) paying into the Belgians pockets and watching shit football - you probably need to look at why you don't have a better alternative for a Saturday!